News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

MINMIMMINIME:

About the head being "wonky", are you referring to the upper beak closing on its own due to gravity?
My Quetzalcoatlus has that problem. It looks better with the mouth open, but unfortunately, it won't stay open.

Shonisaurus

In my case I have the same problems regarding the head of the quetzalcoatlus. The figure is fabulous but does not open the peak and I honestly do not risk breaking a figure that is worth money for wanting to open your mouth, suffers from this defect and as I see is not manufacturing.

In fact I bought two quetzalcoatlus, one at the urzeitshop.de store and another at the Natural Science Museum Store in Madrid. It is a factory defect that affects I believe the totality of the figures of this great pterosaur but that leaves with that detail the incomplete figure. It would have been better if it had been made in one piece without an articulated jaw. In fact the figure is outstanding and in fact the articulated jaw is practically useless. With this I do not want to criticize and revile the figures with parts of the body articulated with classic figures of dinosaurs but that is one of the reasons why I prefer animals without articulated parts.

That does not mean that for example the articulated jaws and articulated pieces serve for dinosaurs of Kaiyodo (tyrannosaurus rex 2018), Lego, Play Movil or JP / JW to give some examples, in those cases it is necessary that these figures have parts articulated from my point of view and they are just as beautiful as the one-piece figures.

In the case of figures with conservative molding schemes, as in the case of Papo's quetzalcoatlus, they may have defects and problems. On the other hand from an aesthetic point of view from my point of view I do not find it funny, regardless of whether I buy all the figures of Papo or other toy dinosaur brands with articulated body parts.

All this I say with the greatest respect for those (most of the members of DTF) who logically do not agree with my position.

dragon53

SHONISAURUS:

I agree.I think Papo should have made the Quetzalcoatlus with fixed, open mouth like its Pteranodon and avoid the problem with gravity causing the upper beak to close shut.

Minmiminime

D @dragon53 I haven't noticed it closing under gravity, however, I tend to keep it open because when it is closed the upper and lower jaws are out of alignment. I have straightened it up with hot water before, but it tends to drift back! Aside from that, I can't fault it :)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

dragon53

MINMIMINIME:

I solved the problem by inserting a tiny wad of brown paper against Quetzalcoatlus's "tonsils"....now his beak stays up. ;)

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

MoarCrossovers

So no one's had any issues with Quetz's legs warping and bending?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on October 12, 2018, 08:30:36 AM

Warping and/or bending is quite common on pvc figures.
It depends on various things: direct sunlight exposure / extreme hot environment / figure stored near an heat source / item stored in an hot place during shipping process / etc etc..
So the same figure could have a warping issue to a certain collector and no issue to another.  ???

postsaurischian

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on October 12, 2018, 08:30:36 AM

No! And we had a VERY hot summer in the South-West of Germany this year.
  My Cryolophosaurus (personal favourite by Papo 2018) for example didn't make it and went from display to storage.

dragon53

MOARCROSSOVERS:

I live in Texas and the heat and humidity causes thee Papo Spinosaurus and Running Tyrannosaurus to tip over. I solved the problem by having them propped up against each other so their toes don't soften up which causes them to tip over.
I've had my Quetzalcoatlus for several days with no problem.

tanystropheus

Minmiminime

Yuck 😜😹 As if the poor thing wasn't grotesque enough already 😵

PhilSauria

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.