Author Topic: Cinemacast Raptor, Horizon Rex, and SWS Compsognathus repaints.........  (Read 1125 times)

yankeetrex

• View Profile
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share my newest dino, as usual its not scientifically accurate because it is based off of the Jurassic World Ankylosaurus.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:33:51 PM by yankeetrex »

Reptilia

• Carboniferous survivor
    • View Profile
Re: JW CG Ankylosaurus Unposed and posed......
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 10:53:48 PM »
Accurate or not is pretty cool, I would love to have an Ankylosaurus figure like this. And it's not so terribly inaccurate either.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:56:16 PM by Reptilia »

BlueKrono

• Silurian survivor
  • "We're being hunted."
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Ichthyovenator
Re: JW CG Ankylosaurus Unposed and posed......
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 11:34:47 PM »
That thing is boss!
Got Brachauchenius?

yankeetrex

• View Profile
Cinemacast Raptor, Horizon Rex, and SWS COmpsognathus repaints.........
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:33:13 PM »
Hey Everyone,  Heres a photo heavy update..........

I bought a posed version of the Stan Winston Studios Compsognathus a couple of years ago and paired it with a Jurassic Park Popcorn bucket I bought on ebay last year, seller said it was fabricated for the scene where the compy's fight over the popcorn bucket on the ride, but it could have also been used in the park to serve popcorn), and a custom made marble display base i got from a marble fabricator, only cost me 10 bucks because it was in their scrap pile.

Next up is a Horizon JP T-rex I painted to look like the rex from the first film.  I had previously painted it green and thought it would be better to bring it back to its origins....

Final two projects I have are Cinemacast Velociraptors.....
This one I bought for 15 dollars because it was sold broken and as is.  I put her back together and built a base/ sculpted a rock for her peg to rest in.  She will be getting a movie accurate raptor paint job.....

Finally, I had a Cinemacast raptor that I bought on ebay a while ago, put it back together and painted to look like a TLW Velociraptor.  I wasn't comfortable with my detail skill yet, so I left it to sit for a while. Finally I went and did the detail, and it is now my favorite piece.......

Reptilia

• Carboniferous survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Cinemacast Raptor, Horizon Rex, and SWS Compsognathus repaints.........
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 09:04:34 PM »
Beautiful stuff, you must have a great JP display!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:04:57 PM by Reptilia »

Blade-of-the-Moon

• Global Moderator
  • Old fossil member
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery on Deviant Art
  • Dinosaur: Allosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Ultimate Member , 5,209 posts , Joined Jul 2008
Re: Cinemacast Raptor, Horizon Rex, and SWS Compsognathus repaints.........
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 12:53:13 AM »
VERY nice!   I've been looking for one of those popcorn buckets myself to go with my Compy.  I think the one on the ride is made from metal or a dense plastic  to withstand the elements.  I do love the tie in though with the popcorn stand in the park.