News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Cinemacast Raptor, Horizon Rex, and SWS Compsognathus repaints.........

Started by yankeetrex, October 05, 2017, 10:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeetrex

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share my newest dino, as usual its not scientifically accurate because it is based off of the Jurassic World Ankylosaurus.

Reptilia

Accurate or not is pretty cool, I would love to have an Ankylosaurus figure like this. And it's not so terribly inaccurate either.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

yankeetrex

Hey Everyone,  Heres a photo heavy update..........

I bought a posed version of the Stan Winston Studios Compsognathus a couple of years ago and paired it with a Jurassic Park Popcorn bucket I bought on ebay last year, seller said it was fabricated for the scene where the compy's fight over the popcorn bucket on the ride, but it could have also been used in the park to serve popcorn), and a custom made marble display base i got from a marble fabricator, only cost me 10 bucks because it was in their scrap pile.

Next up is a Horizon JP T-rex I painted to look like the rex from the first film.  I had previously painted it green and thought it would be better to bring it back to its origins....

Final two projects I have are Cinemacast Velociraptors.....
This one I bought for 15 dollars because it was sold broken and as is.  I put her back together and built a base/ sculpted a rock for her peg to rest in.  She will be getting a movie accurate raptor paint job.....

Finally, I had a Cinemacast raptor that I bought on ebay a while ago, put it back together and painted to look like a TLW Velociraptor.  I wasn't comfortable with my detail skill yet, so I left it to sit for a while. Finally I went and did the detail, and it is now my favorite piece.......

Reptilia

Beautiful stuff, you must have a great JP display!

Blade-of-the-Moon

VERY nice!   I've been looking for one of those popcorn buckets myself to go with my Compy.  I think the one on the ride is made from metal or a dense plastic  to withstand the elements.  I do love the tie in though with the popcorn stand in the park.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.