News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2018

Started by Mironimus, November 03, 2017, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mironimus

Here are the first 2 CollectA Dinosaur figures that will be released in 2018.

Mantellisaurus drinking
6" long

Sciurumimus
5.5" long

Edited by Admin for additional announcements

Iguanodon (Deluxe)

Estemmenosuchus

Dunkleosteus

Tyrannosaurus

Mapusaurus

Brontosaurus

Ceratosaurus

Dimetrodon

Gomphotherium

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

Loon

The sciurumimus is quite neat, something about it is amazingly cute too.

ceratopsian

Excellent choice of species.  I find the Mantellisaurus very appealing - nice to see a different pose from the run of the mill standing/walking.  Lovely to see a Sciurumimus.  It looks a bit narrow in the body but I haven't yet checked this out against the evidence.  The fossil is a juvenile, and CollectA seem to have aimed at a juvenile look.

PumperKrickel

deleted

suspsy

And this, folks, is what you call a fantastic start! I wonder if there's also going to be a non-drinking Mantellisaurus.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

I'd prefer if the Mantellisaurus was a bit more thicc. Maybe it's just me but it seems unnaturally slender.

The Sciurumimus is cute but rather simplistic.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Jose S.M.

Nice! I'm probably getting both, the Sciurumimus has a juvenile look to it so maybe it's trying to reflect the actual fossil like ceratopsian said.
I think Mantellisaurus will look good next to my W.S. Iguanodon.

MLMjp

An ornithopod?! BRAVO Collecta! You always surprise us. Everyone. Buy it! So we can show Collecta that we want more ornithopods!
However, is it me or collecta has moved from "facial war paint" to iguana like colors with a little bit of red?

Sciurumimus is nice, albeit somewhat plains in terms of colors.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: MLMjp on November 03, 2017, 11:49:59 AM
An ornithopod?! BRAVO Collecta! You always surprise us. Everyone. Buy it! So we can show Collecta that we want more ornithopods!
However, is it me or collecta has moved from "facial war paint" to iguana like colors with a little bit of red?

Sciurumimus is nice, albeit somewhat plains in terms of colors.

I've noticed they used yellowish and greenish color in their non feathered dinosaurs from last year, like Gigantspinosaurus and Einiosaurus, this Mantellisaurus gives me a the same vibe.

Brontozaurus

I fell out of my chair at the Mantellisaurus. When was the last CollectA ornithopod again? The deluxe Parasaur?

Absolutely adore the colours on it, definitely picking it up. Unsure about the Scurimimus, I'll wait until I can see it for myself. The bookshop here that usually stocks CollectAs has been pretty good this year about getting them in.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

suspsy

Yes, this is indeed the first ornithopod from CollectA since 2013.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Halichoeres

I griped a bit about CollectA's heavy theropod focus in 2016, but 2017 was more balanced and it looks like 2018 might be too. Strong start!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

Not impressed at all. The Mantellisaurus is nice, actually, but maybe a bit small? Let's see if there will be a different pose in the deluxe range, might become interesting. The Sciurumimus I honestly didn't even know about, but I just don't like the figure. I'm sure there are way better things to come from Collecta.

*** high walking Dimetrodon, please! ***

Patrx

Sciurumimus! One of the most beautiful fossils ever found; and, to my memory, it made quite a splash due to its original placement as a megalosaur. TQ is correct, it's a little too simplistic, but the world needs more small, fluffy dinosaurs in plastic form  :D

Gwangi

I get that the Sciurumimus is supposed to appear fluffy but it just looks poorly proportioned to me, with a massively thick tail and thin torso. And it looks like the neck attaches to the jaw. I'll probably pass, though I do appreciate the effort. Now the Mantellisaurus is a welcome addition. Should display nicely with the Safari Iguanodon. Now I need the Safari Iguanodon.  :-\

Lanthanotus

Hmm,... Mantellisaurus... awfull colors as often the case with CollectA, but the sculpt is very nice. Must have for me.

Jose S.M.

On Facebook they said Sciurumimus is based on the very juvenile fossil that was found, so that maybe explain the proportions.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 03, 2017, 10:51:04 AM
Don't forget this
Those were released some months ago and don't include any new figures (and thank god for that, blind-bags are despicable).

Face is a little thin, but that little puff is to cute to pass up, it'll look amazing with a more detailed repaint.

Fenestra

I like them both.
The overall look of Sciurumimus reminds me of a tadpole.  :))
And because it's a juvenile, that look works for me.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.