News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Dinosaur Diorama Contest 2012 - poll now open

Started by DinoToyForum, July 15, 2012, 06:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your top five dioramas (please register to vote)

1. Cretaceous Parents
7 (7.1%)
2. Morrison Dinosaur Safari
13 (13.3%)
3. Get out of my property boy!
17 (17.3%)
4. Private feast of the Jobaria
7 (7.1%)
5. Engagement of the Creek
4 (4.1%)
6. Charge of the Bull
21 (21.4%)
7. Unexpected company
20 (20.4%)
8. Ambush at Ghost Ranch
13 (13.3%)
9. Tyrant of the Wasteland
50 (51%)
10. Calling All Cosmos!
5 (5.1%)
11. The eggnapper
8 (8.2%)
12. Queen of the Land
7 (7.1%)
13. Dangerous crossing
21 (21.4%)
14. Ambushing
7 (7.1%)
15. In the Footsteps of Giants
6 (6.1%)
16. Scavenging: That's kind of what we do
2 (2%)
17. Cretaceous Cliffhanger: Torosaurus' Lucky Day
10 (10.2%)
18. The Last Supper
15 (15.3%)
19. The Original "Hunger Games"
3 (3.1%)
20. Desperation
21 (21.4%)
21. Jurassic fight club
6 (6.1%)
22. You'd better go hunt some sauropods, mate. I ain't sharing this sturgeon
21 (21.4%)
23. A Nice Place to Drink
17 (17.3%)
24. In the Forest of the Panzerbeasts
12 (12.2%)
25. Flaming red
4 (4.1%)
26. The Thrill of the Hunt
2 (2%)
27. Feathered Dragon
25 (25.5%)
28. Better make myself look big!
11 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: August 14, 2012, 06:25:08 PM

DinoToyForum

Voting for the Dinosaur Diorama Contest 2012, sponsored by Dan's Dinosaurs, has now commenced! The poll will run for 30 days. The top 15 dioramas will go through to the shortlist - there will be no winners at this stage. The shortlist will then be inspected by our esteemed panel of judges, who will pick the winners!

For the purposes of this post all images have been resized so please click on the images, or on the diorama titles, for larger versions. The entries, of course, remain anonymous, so please don't give the game away: no hints, clues, or discussion about who each diorama might belong to. Otherwise, discussion of the entries is more than welcome!

You can vote for yourself, it isn't against the rules, but that wouldn't be very sporting now, would it?  :P

Many thanks to all of the participants, you have made this the most successful contest to date! And thanks to everyone for taking the time to vote! Enjoy!

Diorama 1. Cretaceous Parents

Diorama 2. Morrison Dinosaur Safari

Diorama 3. Get out of my property boy!

Diorama 4. Private feast of the Jobaria

Diorama 5. Engagement of the Creek

Diorama 6. Charge of the Bull

Diorama 7. Unexpected company

Diorama 8. Ambush at Ghost Ranch

Diorama 9. Tyrant of the Wasteland

Diorama 10. Calling All Cosmos!

Diorama 11. The eggnapper

Diorama 12. Queen of the Land

Diorama 13. Dangerous crossing

Diorama 14. Ambushing

Diorama 15. In the Footsteps of Giants

Diorama 16. Scavenging: That's kind of what we do

Diorama 17. Cretaceous Cliffhanger: Torosaurus' Lucky Day

Diorama 18. The Last Supper

Diorama 19. The Original "Hunger Games"

Diorama 20. Desperation

Diorama 21. Jurassic fight club

Diorama 22. You'd better go hunt some sauropods, mate. I ain't sharing this sturgeon

Diorama 23. A Nice Place to Drink

Diorama 24. In the Forest of the Panzerbeasts

Diorama 25. Flaming red

Diorama 26. The Thrill of the Hunt

Diorama 27. Feathered Dragon

Diorama 28. Better make myself look big!

Takama

CityRaptor

I'm glad that we can vote for up to 5 Dioramas. Otherwise it would have been hard to choose. Some really nice Dioramas in there.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Crackington

Just voted and agree it was very difficult to make the choices, well done everyone!

That said, there is one real stand-out diorama, won't say which one it is, but seems quite a few other folk agree!

Takama

We could vote up to Five?   :o    oh crud :-[ I wish i known that, because there some more i relly like

DinoToyForum

Yes, it was a tough decision - difficult to single out five!

Takama, how many did you vote for!?

Takama

DinoToyForum

Gwangi

I also didn't know I could vote for more than one.  :-\

postsaurischian

I did, but only voted for two wonderful pictures  - I couldn't decide which one's the best - one of them is far in the lead :).

Vermilion

Nice to see so many new, fresh ideas! People have really made an effort. :) Good luck, everyone! :P

DinoToyForum

Well, I could allow it so voters can change their votes, that way, those who didn't realise you could pick up to five dioramas can pick some additional choices. However, I don't want to allow voters to change their existing votes, because I think first impressions are important and seeing the results could influence decisions or introduce bias. And I can't do one without the other. Hmm. Gwangi, Takama, how badly do you want to cast those additional votes?

I've now updated the poll question to explicitly state five,

Gwangi

I'm fine with having only voted for one. I originally though we could only vote for one anyway.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on July 15, 2012, 11:45:38 PM
I'm fine with having only voted for one. I originally though we could only vote for one anyway.

OK  :)

ZoPteryx

That may have been the most difficult decision I've ever been faced with! :o  So many wonderful dioramas...and we can only pick five!

I found it interesting how certain figures were consistent favorites:
- 4 Papo Rexes (old version)
- 4 Papo Spinos
- 3 Dead T-tops by CollectA
:))

Dyscrasia

The Krentz T. rex by Sideshow really looks alive....

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Zopteryx on July 16, 2012, 12:38:55 AM
That may have been the most difficult decision I've ever been faced with! :o  So many wonderful dioramas...and we can only pick five!

I found it interesting how certain figures were consistent favorites:
- 4 Papo Rexes (old version)
- 4 Papo Spinos
- 3 Dead T-tops by CollectA
:))

Congratulations everyone! Some amazing dioramas there! Glad to see so many, this is one hard contest! ;D
Hmmm, oddly, none of the new figures from Safari got staring role in this years ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Some really gorgeous entries in this bunch. So much dinosaur love in this place. I thought I would ask my one question and see if anyone can tell me. Is the Rearing dinosaur in the final diorama, the Kaiyodo Amargasaurus kit? That is the only model I know of , that fits . I had never seen it built up so I had to ask, thanks.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 16, 2012, 10:11:39 AM
Is the Rearing dinosaur in the final diorama, the Kaiyodo Amargasaurus kit?

No, the Kaiyodo kit would be much bigger.
It looks more like a customized Carnegie figure to me :-\.

Simon

The Krentz Trex and the Feathered Dragon both really look alive .... love the real tail feathers on that critter ...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.