News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Dinosaur Diorama Contest 2012 - poll now open

Started by DinoToyForum, July 15, 2012, 06:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your top five dioramas (please register to vote)

1. Cretaceous Parents
7 (7.1%)
2. Morrison Dinosaur Safari
13 (13.3%)
3. Get out of my property boy!
17 (17.3%)
4. Private feast of the Jobaria
7 (7.1%)
5. Engagement of the Creek
4 (4.1%)
6. Charge of the Bull
21 (21.4%)
7. Unexpected company
20 (20.4%)
8. Ambush at Ghost Ranch
13 (13.3%)
9. Tyrant of the Wasteland
50 (51%)
10. Calling All Cosmos!
5 (5.1%)
11. The eggnapper
8 (8.2%)
12. Queen of the Land
7 (7.1%)
13. Dangerous crossing
21 (21.4%)
14. Ambushing
7 (7.1%)
15. In the Footsteps of Giants
6 (6.1%)
16. Scavenging: That's kind of what we do
2 (2%)
17. Cretaceous Cliffhanger: Torosaurus' Lucky Day
10 (10.2%)
18. The Last Supper
15 (15.3%)
19. The Original "Hunger Games"
3 (3.1%)
20. Desperation
21 (21.4%)
21. Jurassic fight club
6 (6.1%)
22. You'd better go hunt some sauropods, mate. I ain't sharing this sturgeon
21 (21.4%)
23. A Nice Place to Drink
17 (17.3%)
24. In the Forest of the Panzerbeasts
12 (12.2%)
25. Flaming red
4 (4.1%)
26. The Thrill of the Hunt
2 (2%)
27. Feathered Dragon
25 (25.5%)
28. Better make myself look big!
11 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: August 14, 2012, 06:25:08 PM

Gryphoceratops

Some of these are really amazing!  Nice job to everyone!

Meso-Cenozoic

Great effort by everyone! Congrats!! I'll really have to look these over real good to whittle it down to five! Glad we can click on them to see the bigger pic this time. It really helps when trying to view the more complex, many-creatured dios. ^-^

Metallisuchus

Great work, everybody. It was really hard to make 5 choices as there were plenty more worthy of a vote.

postsaurischian

At this very moment everybody with at least 5 votes is in the final round :).

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 15, 2012, 11:29:43 PM
Well, I could allow it so voters can change their votes, that way, those who didn't realise you could pick up to five dioramas can pick some additional choices. However, I don't want to allow voters to change their existing votes, because I think first impressions are important and seeing the results could influence decisions or introduce bias. And I can't do one without the other. Hmm. Gwangi, Takama, how badly do you want to cast those additional votes?

I've now updated the poll question to explicitly state five,

I am fine as well.

Also to whoever made that dragon, great job. (you can thank me when the contest concludes ;))

DinoToyForum

Every single diorama has received at least one vote, except for one :'(

Meso-Cenozoic

OK, I voted. Whew! That was a toughy! I had first narrowed it down to 9. But I'm happy to see that the 4 others I ended up not voting for still have high marks!  ^-^

Simon

Is there going to be more voting in the final round, or are the top 5 now going to the judges?

postsaurischian

If I understood it right, the top 15 are going to the judges.

DinoToyForum

Yep, the top 15 will form a shortlist that will go to the judges.

DinoToyForum

Every diorama has at least one vote and all is right in the world  ^-^

DC

Interesting range of composition and technique.  I have some questions for the Ambush at Ghost Ranch diorama. Drop me a line.

thanks Randy

You can never have too many dinosaurs

Aram-Rex

I don't understand why ''Jurassic Fight Club'' has so few votes. It's a fantastic diorama. I mean like the background is amazing!

Crackington

Fair point Aram, I showed the dioramas to Mrs Crackington, thinking she would be wowed by, ahem, the most popular diorama so far as I was. However, she was most impressed by "Jurassic Fight Club", pity she can't vote!

Gwangi

Quote from: Aram-Rex on July 23, 2012, 01:49:02 PM
I don't understand why ''Jurassic Fight Club'' has so few votes. It's a fantastic diorama. I mean like the background is amazing!

There are quite a few with less votes than they should have I think.  :-\

Aram-Rex

Battatitan

;D Wow, amazing dioramas from everyone! It was very difficult to narrow it down to just five, however, I did.  At last. Good luck to all from me.

And I'm very annoyed I missed it  >:( There'd better be one next year.... <cough cough>  ^-^

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Battatitan on July 25, 2012, 02:41:18 PM
;D Wow, amazing dioramas from everyone! It was very difficult to narrow it down to just five, however, I did.  At last. Good luck to all from me.

And I'm very annoyed I missed it  >:( There'd better be one next year.... <cough cough>  ^-^

Sorry to hear that you missed this years! Yes, hopefully there will be one again next year :)

DinoToyForum

We are 1/2 way through the public poll and 79 members have now cast their votes!
At the moment, I think 9 votes or more will see a diorama into round 2.
According to the results so far there are a few stand-out entries...but will the judges think the same?

DinoToyForum

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.