News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

DAMTOYS New for 2018

Started by RobinGoodfellow, November 23, 2017, 09:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Question, are Damtoys's finished products pretty close to the preproduction that are shown. Or is it another Sideshow situation where paint finish is a lot worse than the prepro's (thinking of the Red Carno and many people's King T-Rex)? I'm tempted to get a Smilodon.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Paleodude

If DAMTOYS is anything like Sideshow in production I wouldn't worry about poor paint application. Since they're made in a much smaller quantity when compared to REBOR a lot more care is usually taken. From what I've seen paint is pretty accurate to the pre productions.

acro-man

The sculptor of Carnotaurus bust is called Heima (Black Horse) who also made the Dilophosaurus pair
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5447.8
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Mackeral

Blade-of-the-Moon

While  I disliked the anatomy of the Dilos..this looks really awesome! ( from what I can tell ) 

Who sells these in the U.S.?

ITdactyl

Holy mother of dragons.... I need those pterosaurs... Let me buy a new house to put those in...

Kidding aside... Wow.. 2018 is indeed a good year.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 27, 2018, 12:40:15 AM
While  I disliked the anatomy of the Dilos..this looks really awesome! ( from what I can tell ) 

What do Dilos actually look like? These remind me of the SideShow and Papos. From what I am hearing the REBOR Dilo is also incorrect (w/pronated arms..and I suppose incorrect skull?). And, the WS Dilo has a mouse tail w pronated arms. And, the JP Dilos are obviously wrong...so I have no clue what they really looked like  :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 27, 2018, 06:21:48 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 27, 2018, 12:40:15 AM

What do Dilos actually look like? These remind me of the SideShow and Papos. From what I am hearing the REBOR Dilo is also incorrect (w/pronated arms..and I suppose incorrect skull?). And, the WS Dilo has a mouse tail w pronated arms. And, the JP Dilos are obviously wrong...so I have no clue what they really looked like  :(

The Sideshow pieces are good. These took inspiration from them, I think they actually grafted David Silva's Dilo head onto the male's body it looks very stretched out and awkward.   

I just finished my own version of an adult Dilo for our dinosaur park here :

Patrx

No pycnofibres, no sale. Plus, the wing shape looks off.

ITdactyl

I'm okay with the wing shape... gives the illusion of a strong wind blowing against it.  But you're right Patrx, the models seem to be [disappointingly] "plucked".

Loon

These guys (especially the one on the right) seem to have a little bit of inspiration from the "Skybax" color scheme, at least in the facial region.

Syndicate Bias

Their green rex bust is nice.

RobinGoodfellow

Paleontology World "Coelophysis"

:)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd buy that depending on size/price.  I plan to order the Quetz from Sideshow, just hoping it arrives on time and the paint looks that good.   I'm considering ordering their JP Dilo looking bust to test the waters, but it's been pushed back twice.

RobinGoodfellow

Sideshow announced that scheduled shipment for DamToys Smilodon statue will be delayed from June 2018 to December 2018/January 2019....  :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

Same deal on the Dilo  just gonna wait.

RobinGoodfellow

..just received from Sideshow:

"Dear ************,

We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your Smilodon Fatalis Dry Gobi Desert Version Statue item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Jan to Feb 2019.

We apologize that this date has been modified but we look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives.
"

???  >:(  :-X

Blade-of-the-Moon

Damtoys has some real production issues seems like.  O want to order a few of their pieces but i hate ordering without certainty.

spinosaurus1

i'm gonna miss Jorge Blanco's sculpts

Mackeral

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.