News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

I-Toy, new for 2018

Started by Takama, November 27, 2017, 08:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I-Toy, a Companey that started in 2015 just released images of there newest model

A JP Velociraptor Bust. With Blues Color Scheme, and the wrong species name.

Tyrannosaurus

Baby Velociraptor

CityRaptor

Well, the species name would be based on Gregory S. Paul lumping Deinonychus with Velociraptor in "Predatory Dinosaurs of the World", which in turn inspired the novel JP, where this reclassification is mentioned by Grant.  In the movie Deinonychus was going to be used first, but was later renamed to Velociraptor.
http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Deinonychus
So yes, the genus is wrong, not the species.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Patrx

Hey, that looks kinda neat! The nameplate, not so much, for various reasons. And, I do think it might have been a more effective sculpt with the mouth closed. The way it is, from certain angles, there's kind of a strange, scary grin.

tanystropheus

As long as they don't charge as much as Chronicle Collectibles.

Fenestra

It looks slick.
Will the cost for this bust be 2 iphones high?  ;D

stargatedalek

The teeth seem off, perhaps the teeth were like that in Jurassic World but I really don't think they were originally. Would have been better with the mouth closed.

Still a huge improvement from their previous sculpts.

yankeetrex

Coming from Taobao this should cost about 115 dollars

Reptilia

These Itoy products don't seem to be very high quality, yet they are fairly expensive.

Shonisaurus

I do not know if Acro-man will sell them. It usually sell figures of dinosaurs and Chinese prehistoric animals at cheaper prices since on eBay there are Hong Kong prices that are unfortunately prohibitive.

Paleodude

Personally I think it's alright for what it is. Depending on how well the quality transfers over in the actually production needs to be seen but as a bust of the JP raptor it's alright.

Syndicate Bias

well, at least its not 1000+ dollars lile the CC head bust, i want to know who buys those.

Takama

Brand new model made for the line, set for release this year

T.Rex

I been eager to see what there take on the species is, and it is exactly what i expected.

empire3569

Although we don't need any more JP styles Rex's, this looks to be a very nice rendition. It should pair nicely with the upcoming Rebor "Killer Queen" for those who want a detailed, 1:35 scale replica of the JP Rex and TLW buck.

Minmiminime

That looks like a pretty good, faithful replica of Rexy in form, but wait...are those hands actually orientated correctly?? ;D

I eagerly await more pictures of this one. Looks like it's got some interesting patterning on the snout. It *may* even tempt me, despite myself :o
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

PumperKrickel

deleted

empire3569

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on May 28, 2018, 08:54:40 PM
Something about the head looks off to me. I think it was more elongated in the movie. Hard to tell from these pics, though.

I agree, it actually looks more like the male Rex from TLW than Rexy

Shonisaurus

It is interesting that I-Toy tyrannosaurus although I prefer to buy the dilophosaurus of the same company a day earlier because it is an older and surely cheaper figure. As I mentioned the merchants, brands and companies of dinosaur toys are unleashed from the commercial point of view with the new film that will be released very soon in June on the big screens.

However I would also like a more scientific tyrnannosaurus rex from some companies less influenced by the tyrannosaurus of Jurassic Park or with the "Island of the Skull" of King Kong.

Except for some exceptions there are few companies that make tyrannosaurus rex with the smallest arms among other details. I suppose that logically it takes into account the business that this type of dinosaurs of movies, beautiful as those based on scientific discoveries, but that unfortunately are repeated very often from my honest point of view. Although all the dinosaurs for their remains have come to the conclusion are in most cases speculative other versions are also interesting for example tyrannosaurus or velociraptor that is not from companies such as Safari or Favorite and I say this with all due respect to my friends and in no way I devalue the extraordinary and beautiful sculptural work of I-Toy, of which I will be a secure buyer in a medium-distant future, since it supposes a lot of money.

Reptilia

"Bossy grandma"? They're starting giving their models nicknames then, sounds familiar...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on May 28, 2018, 08:54:40 PM
Something about the head looks off to me. I think it was more elongated in the movie. Hard to tell from these pics, though.
*snip*

Maybe it's too small? I resized it a little bit and it seems to look better.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Reptilia on June 03, 2018, 11:42:55 AM
"Bossy grandma"? They're starting giving their models nicknames then, sounds familiar...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.