News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

I-Toy, new for 2018

Started by Takama, November 27, 2017, 08:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on June 03, 2018, 11:47:47 AM
Quote from: Reptilia on June 03, 2018, 11:42:55 AM
"Bossy grandma"? They're starting giving their models nicknames then, sounds familiar...

It reminds me of the Rebor company.

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 03, 2018, 11:47:25 AM
Quote from: SuperiorSpider on May 28, 2018, 08:54:40 PM
Something about the head looks off to me. I think it was more elongated in the movie. Hard to tell from these pics, though.
*snip*

Maybe it's too small? I resized it a little bit and it seems to look better.

Looks exactly like REBOR's upcoming T-rex.

Appalachiosaurus

"Bossy Grandma"

Yup, that's Rexy alright  :))

Patrx

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 04, 2018, 02:34:27 AM
Looks exactly like REBOR's upcoming T-rex.

Nah, REBOR's version has those big bumps all over it, and the iToy version has more of a leathery texture:

spinosaurus1

definitely prefer the I-Toy's rendition. the skin texturing is less jarring, more organic, and more screen accurate in contrast to rebors, which looks quite a bit too wrinkly bumpy, and artificial.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd say both were 3D sculpted/printed.  Some just have a better grasp of the technology to get a better final product.  Neither of which is me.  lol

Shadowknight1

Honestly, I'd have to see both in color before I'd say I'd prefer one over the other.  Honestly, I think the I-Toy's head looks a little small.  Funny considering that the early version of the REBOR had the opposite problem.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

acro-man

Wonder why it's a Rex year?
Cos it's Jurassic World year.
How am I not producing a Rex when everybody gets crazy about the movie?
Toy factory logic.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Shonisaurus

Independently that the two tyrannosaurs (Rebor and I-Toy are based on the tyrannosaurus of Jurassic Park, the difference that I glimpse of the one of I-Toy is that it reminds me very much to the Tyrannosaurus rex sedentarios (green, brown and rainbow versions) of Papo.

The tyrannosaurus rex of Rebor I think it has a more independent bill, without this meaning that the figure of I-Toy is a great figure as his dilophosaurus last year.

Takama

Me thinks it will have Stability issues :'(

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Jose S.M.

I don't know if it's naturally that way but one of the feet looks already warped in the photo.

Takama

Shadowknight1

Not bad, but man, the warped looking legs in the other photos is worrying.  Depending on the colors of the Rebor rex, I'm leaning more towards that one if it looks more like Rexy.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

The figure is quite bright, which I noticed that the head of the tyrannosaurus rex is identical to the head of the mark of Papo (sedentary tyrannosaurus as I call it) Or am I the only one who thinks that?

CityRaptor

Well, it is a Jurassic Park/ World T.rex, so that is to be expected.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

PhilSauria

Okay, so set your stop watches now to see how long it takes for this one to be ripped off and turn up on the Asian web sites. This company, along with Papo and Schleich, seems to have the most 'homage' figures out there.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 15, 2018, 10:37:51 AM
The figure is quite bright, which I noticed that the head of the tyrannosaurus rex is identical to the head of the mark of Papo (sedentary tyrannosaurus as I call it) Or am I the only one who thinks that?

I think the head on Papo's is more accurate to a JP Rex.  There is something weird with the teeth here and the all around look to the head, like maybe it was a poorer recast of the Papo or Rebor one?

Loon

Looks more like the Lost World female than Rexy, the rex in that film seemed to have a more angular head in comparison to Rexy's rounder skull.

Loon

But, I'm still getting it, it looks light-years better than Rebors pebbly thing.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.