News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

I-Toy, new for 2018

Started by Takama, November 27, 2017, 08:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

The wrinkles look much of a real grandma...
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Minmiminime

It's very nicely detailed. I would imagine there'll be a hefty price tag :o There is another JP rex coming out as part of an anniversary diorama which is a more faithful reproduction of Rexy, but it's spectacularly expensive, and the colour looks a little dull to me... https://jurassicoutpost.com/everything-need-know-official-jurassic-park-iron-studios-statue-lineup-unveiled-ccxp/
Not my kind of thing, I'm bored with pop culture memorabilia, but it's a great time to be a fan, and I do really appreciate the artistry of these figures! ;)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would like to just get the Rex dio with the car, just that part of the whole iconic thing.  Still 1299.00 is a heck of a price tag..I miss Sideshow's 350.00

pylraster

Way better than Chronicle's breakout, I must say.

dinokiwi

Yeah, better than Chronicle. But how or where can I buy this? eBay usually sells higher...

Takama

And another new model

Baby Velociraptor

Shonisaurus

The breeding of the velociraptor of i-Toy is based on the velociraptor "Blue" from the saga of the movie Jurassic Park 1 and 2.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah it's certainly Baby Blue.  I would buy that one,  though the markings on her head are off.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Loon on June 15, 2018, 09:18:28 PM
But, I'm still getting it, it looks light-years better than Rebors pebbly thing.

Yeah because that pebbly thing is a pre-production unpainted works-in-progress  ::)

Faelrin

Oh I like that baby Blue. I'm glad there will be a much more affordable (and probably much smaller) option outside of Chronicle Collectible's lifesized statue, or the (tiny) Mattel one (or the rather lacking in paint detail egg figure seen at toyfair). Then again this is a knockoff, not an officially licensed product, like in Papo's or Rebor's case, so I'll definitely overlook that. Anyone one know where I-Toy's figures are sold (other then eBay)?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tanystropheus

Quote from: Faelrin on June 19, 2018, 12:43:23 AM
Oh I like that baby Blue. I'm glad there will be a much more affordable (and probably much smaller) option outside of Chronicle Collectible's lifesized statue, or the (tiny) Mattel one (or the rather lacking in paint detail egg figure seen at toyfair). Then again this is a knockoff, not an officially licensed product, like in Papo's or Rebor's case, so I'll definitely overlook that.

It's a shame that licensed figures (e.g. Mattel) are not always on par with unlicensed ones (e.g. Papo, REBOR, I-Toy). The ones that are on par are super expensive (Chronicle Collectible's), unless you order their scaled down version from ThinkGeek (but the paint app leaves much to be desired).

Noiselessx

I have talked with ITOY on facebook and they've confirmed that this is the real thingy, so I've oredered mine today. I will post pics once it gets here :D
I am a dino geek who rediscovered his passion for collecting figures yet again.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Noiselessx on June 25, 2018, 08:25:54 PM
I have talked with ITOY on facebook and they've confirmed that this is the real thingy, so I've oredered mine today. I will post pics once it gets here :D

avatar_Noiselessx @Noiselessx Yay! Glad I could help!

Please take photos once it arrives and showcase for all to see.

EDIT: Oh my, the price went up since I posted it.

Noiselessx

avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar Yes, the guy that was selling it told me that  he misscalculated the price, so I basically got it for 15 euros less compared to what is now :D

Noiselessx

Alright guys, after waiting for nearly a month it finally came

I want to say that it looks kinda cool but when I compare the build quality to Papo's one, it looks a little bit different but not in a good way. Despite that, as a JP and a huge T-rex fen myself, I love it.

empire3569

Meh. Doesn't actually look that great in-hand; the model itself lacks the appropriate bulk, the tail is too short, the feet appear warped inward (although it looks intentional?) and the paint is far worse than the promo. This seems like an easy pass. The base looks nice enough though. Just odd because their Ceratosaurus turned out nice, as did their Dilophosaurus

Noiselessx

Exactly. The base itself is pretty nice unlike the dinosaur. It just feel kinda cheap, especially when I compare it to my papo brown t-rex and yet it costs tripple the amout I've paid for the papo one.

BrontoScorpio

I agree - It is so much worse than the promo pic.
Definately won't be getting that ....

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.