News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recur: New for 2018

Started by Joey, December 04, 2017, 05:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

Recur made a new video on their Youtube channel, which the video itself doesn't show anything special, the description however says and I quote: "Recur 2018 New Colletion is Coming Soon! We will relaese 24 types new toys in the rest days. pls keep an eye on our account."

Edit: I kind of hesitated posting this so soon, because there are no images, so all we can do now is stay tuned to their channel (where I assume they'll reveal their 24 new toys).

Editing the post with images for avatar_Joey @Joey - Admin  C:-)

Halichoeres

Hey, as long as you're willing to edit the first post with images once they're released, I don't think anyone will mind. Nice to know they're putting some new stuff out. I assume 24 is including extant critters.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Joey

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 05, 2017, 12:09:45 AM
Hey, as long as you're willing to edit the first post with images once they're released, I don't think anyone will mind. Nice to know they're putting some new stuff out. I assume 24 is including extant critters.
Yep, including extant animals

Joey

*UPDATE*
Recur uploaded a video about 15 minutes ago, called
2018 Recur Toys ---- Mini Dinosaurs on their YouTube channel. I will upload photos tomorrow because it is currently pretty late where I live.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Joey on December 18, 2017, 07:22:03 AM
*UPDATE*
Recur uploaded a video about 15 minutes ago, called
2018 Recur Toys ---- Mini Dinosaurs on their YouTube channel. I will upload photos tomorrow because it is currently pretty late where I live.

..they are even worst than regular line:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uv44hcxnAMc

Ravonium

I honestly don't see anything majorly wrong with most of those figures, They just look like standard Chinasaurs (and, aside from the tripod poses, they are actually quite accurate for Chinasaurs).

Probably the worst thing about that video was the intro, not the figures shown in the video.

suspsy

Pretty unimpressive, both the toys and the video. I've seen middle schoolers put on a better video presentation.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

stargatedalek

I wouldn't call them "bad" per-se, just boring.

Shonisaurus

Obviously Recur is destined not to collectors but rather to children (independently that it has many of its figures and to deceive me to make a collection of them).

What is strange to me that this year they have made only miniatures and not figures of bigger size. Anyway, to be honest I would not buy these figures because they do not convince me.

I will focus this year on buying other Recur figures such as styracosaurus, pachycephalosaurus, oviraptor or smilodon for four examples.

Halichoeres

Interesting that they appear to have made a female Pteranodon, not often done. Pretty blah release on balance though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Rather underwhelming, these look far less detailed than their previous offerings.

sauroid

curious if they're going to make those minis solid plastic/non-hollow figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Joey

I made this thread 42 days ago, and so far there hasn't been any more news on Recur's 2018 lineup, that I could find. The only figures that were revealed, were the Mini-Dinos.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Joey on January 15, 2018, 09:36:08 PM
I made this thread 42 days ago, and so far there hasn't been any more news on Recur's 2018 lineup, that I could find. The only figures that were revealed, were the Mini-Dinos.
I haven't found any good photos but Monster House put up some toy fair photos of some lovely modern animals from them.

Joey

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 15, 2018, 09:56:53 PM
I haven't found any good photos but Monster House put up some toy fair photos of some lovely modern animals from them.
Maybe I should start a Recur thread on the ATF?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Joey on January 15, 2018, 10:25:14 PM
Maybe I should start a Recur thread on the ATF?

Yes please!

Joey

I looked at the images, but are we sure it's Recur though?
I couldn't find a logo anywhere and MHHK didn't say anything.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Joey on January 16, 2018, 12:32:43 AM
One of the, the wrasse maybe, had tags.

Joey

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 16, 2018, 01:29:51 AM
Quote from: Joey on January 16, 2018, 12:32:43 AM
One of the, the wrasse maybe, had tags.
The Wrasse is by Mojo, maybe you can PM me the pictures, that you are talking about?

Shonisaurus

It would be interesting for Recur to reveal (in case he has them and commercialize) more figures from his lifelong line this year 2018.

I sincerely like dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in general, including the toys of almost all companies, but honestly those miniatures of Recur do not convince me and I think I will certainly not buy these figures 2018. I understand that they are not intended for collecting , Unfortunately.

And that I have many miniatures of prehistoric animals of the best known brands.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.