News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun: New for 2018

Started by sauroid, December 09, 2017, 03:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stegosauria

Quote from: MLMjp on August 28, 2018, 10:45:47 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on August 28, 2018, 08:46:46 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on August 28, 2018, 07:12:22 PM
All that potencial ruined by those paint jobs. Seems I have to look for another Baryonyx.

Go for the Favorite version. The Mattel version is decent in my opinion. Not accurate but not completely wrong either.

Already have Mattel´s, but it belongs to the JP/JW collection, not in my regular collection. I will see If I can get my hands on the Favorite one.

If you want the new Favorite Baryonyx you should PM Brett. He's doing a big order now and if you're quick maybe he can accept your request.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on August 28, 2018, 08:01:03 PM
Dang, these Mojosaurs look a lot better done monochromatically! Almost wish they released them like that. :)

Sincerely, the dinosaurs of Mojo 2018 are quite good in their sculpture would not have the slightest drawback that this company made their monochrome dinosaurs as they were for examples companies like Invicta.

It is plausible the work of Mojo what spoils the figures are the colors of his strident paintings. From my point of view without paint they would be with a high outstanding score and I think I am not exaggerating.

We must also point out that many companies such as Mojo do not use appropriate colors, not because they do not want to, I think it is due to the high economic costs that dinosaurs with indian paint colors would bring. The product would be more expensive and the sales of these products would be reduced especially in the children's public. I understand that is one of the reasons why toy dinosaur companies (I stress not all toy dinosaur brands) suffer from this defect.

MLMjp

Quote from: stegosauria on August 29, 2018, 07:02:24 AM
Quote from: MLMjp on August 28, 2018, 10:45:47 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on August 28, 2018, 08:46:46 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on August 28, 2018, 07:12:22 PM
All that potencial ruined by those paint jobs. Seems I have to look for another Baryonyx.

Go for the Favorite version. The Mattel version is decent in my opinion. Not accurate but not completely wrong either.

Already have Mattel´s, but it belongs to the JP/JW collection, not in my regular collection. I will see If I can get my hands on the Favorite one.

If you want the new Favorite Baryonyx you should PM Brett. He's doing a big order now and if you're quick maybe he can accept your request.

Already did that, but sadly I can't aford it right now

IrritatorRaji

Big Bird's great grand dad arrived in the post today.

Firstly, credit where credit is due, the sculpt is lovely. Very lively with an enticing stark contrast between the scales and the feathers. I can definitely imagine a child having a blast with it.

However.... the paint... not only neon coloured but very poorly  done in some places. I've seen many complain about sloppily painted eyes, and I can see where they're coming from.

Also, there's a random link dot on the face which I assume was meant to be the nostril?

Then there's also the fact that there's random white dots everywhere

Cat for scale

tanystropheus

What an expression!! The cat looks positively repulsed by the Mojo  ;D

Perhaps, it doesn't resemble his/her typical bird prey...

IrritatorRaji

avatar_tanystropheus @tanystropheus

Gotta love the way she's closing her eyes and leaning away :)) "Too.... bright...!!"

Shonisaurus

What I said. The sculpture is perfect what fails him is the painting especially in the bright and neglected.

Bokisaurus

Too bad about the paint jobs, I guess these guys will be perfect subjects for repainting ;D

IrritatorRaji

Gave it a little touch up (more pics here), but yeah, definitely confirms that this figure needs so much work. This figure has so much potential, I can only imagine how great this figure could look if someone who could actually paint got their hands on it.

Jose S.M.

It's a shame about the paintjob, specially in the Baryonyx and Deinonychus which are the better sculpts. The dippy had potential but the pose kills it too. And the Giga, something about it puts me off.

Shonisaurus

Honestly if it were not for the painting I am otherwise happy with the three theropods of Mojo 2018. I sincerely bought the diplodocus because I am a complete collector but honestly it does not have much history.

mgaguilar

Made my weekly trip to the Dinosaur Farm, and had the opportunity to handle these guys in hand.

Some conclusions:
-The Giga is BIG.
-All eyes are painted TERRIBLY.
-The plastic blend is HARD.
-The colors are even more saturated in person than how they look in review videos.
-Sellers are requesting refunds from Mojo due to the fact that most don't stand upon arrival. (3 out of the 19 that arrived actually stood). Not to mention the fact that it is false advertising on Mojo's part that the figures do not match the promo-photos.
-The Baryonyx does not look too bad. Just an obscene cobalt blue color.
-They all look like they were painted by someone <12 years of age.
-The MSRP is around $25, which Dave refused to sell them at because of the quality. He even removed them from the shelf.
-Overall, even the sellers are feeling the huge disappointment associated with Mojo's 2018 releases.

A hard pass from me. Mojo messed up this year.

IrritatorRaji

Ugh, that paint job is so bad. It looks like a vintage figure with paint wear, a NEW model should not look that old.... And the eyes, they seem to be atrocious across the board

IrritatorRaji

After receiving quite a few negative reviews about the new Mojo Fun dinosaurs looking nothing like their stock photos, Everything Dinosaur is actually editing the stock images provided by Mojo Fun in order to help them look more like the final products. Sad that ED had to do that, but I'm glad they care enough about their customers to make these changes.

(Original stock photo)

(ED's)

mgaguilar

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 09, 2018, 09:05:42 PM
After receiving quite a few negative reviews about the new Mojo Fun dinosaurs looking nothing like their stock photos, Everything Dinosaur is actually editing the stock images provided by Mojo Fun in order to help them look more like the final products. Sad that ED had to do that, but I'm glad they care enough about their customers to make these changes.

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji Thanks for posting that!
Love ED's effort, but it should be better spent getting on Mojo's back about the quality of the figures, or to just not order a re-supply.
They are low in demand at the moment, and most individuals will not buy these for the price listed.
ED's also gotta hyper-saturate and up the exposure on those images. Then they will start to look like the production models.

EDIT: FTFY ED

Even messed up the eye paint to make it more like the real models.

suspsy

Minizoo now has all four toys in stock!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Takama

My Thoghts on this particular 2018 model

It is clear that they Abandend the TPR Material used on the 2017 T.Rex and Allosaurus, However, the model is made from this very rigid plastic that feels like it can easily break.  Top it all off, the model is a Biped with no base, and feet that are prone to warping. 

But i still like it.   ^-^

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.