News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recur: New for 2018

Started by Joey, December 04, 2017, 05:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

I want to see more about Recur.  The technology they use is very interesting and could indicate a major change.  It is a light weight network of textile like foam that fills the inside that allows the figure to be very light weight while avoiding the pinched look of hollow vinyl. I mistook them for solid varnished vinyl until I picked them up.  I have some and I like them.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

Although Recur in theory, are intended for children, have very good figures without going so far the ankylosaurus 2017 versione medium size to give an example. I hope that over time we will be surprised with new figures.  :D

Apart from that their figures are resistant to abrasions (one hundred percent) and do not cause accidents to children and for me that is why I have them in the highest parts of my shelves without fear that with their accidental fall I can hurt anyone.

Takama

These were posted on the STS Forum

No names were given But i think its easy to tell whats what

Jose S.M.

Is that Basilosaurus? it doesn't look too bad actually, the Dunkleosteus is kind of good as well. The feathered Tyrannosaurus and the Carnotaurus share the same body right?

Simon

They have a certain charm about them ... (in a gruesome sort of way) ...  ;D ;D ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

the marine species are ok.

Shonisaurus

For my part, I am going to be a sure buyer of the Recur figures. The marine reptiles are very well made and the feathered tyrannosaurus (at least it seems to me) is an improvement over their previous editions.

I do not think bad figures are good, nice and cheap and resistant to bumps and abrasions. Congratulations to Recur he has done a good job.  :)

Flaffy

Huh, interesting.
Maybe the whale is a Dorudon?
The rest of the aquatic critters look decent enough, nothing spectacular, but passable.
At least they managed to give Dunkleosteus non-exposed facial plates.

I'm interested to see what kind of mosasaur that purple one at the bottom is. It looks much better than their last attempt at a mosasaur. The visible claws makes me think that it's something more primitive.

Shonisaurus

The third theropod after carnotaurus looks like a carcharodontosaurus or a giganotosaurus.

stegosauria

My first thought about the Plesiosaurus: that's funny because of its pose. I really like the Basilosaurus and the Ichthyosaurus- their colours are really interesting. And the purple Mosasaurus is really weird. I'll wait for more pictures. When they will be released?

tanystropheus

It looks like homemade fresh-out-of the oven baked goods.

Shonisaurus

For me the best figures are the ichyosaurus, dunkleosteus and basilosaurus. The elasmosaurus looks funny and on the other hand the mosasaurus has some unusual colors for a mosasaur toy so I see it very interesting.

In exchange, the three theropods are seen with a very large head.

suspsy

Having reviewed a number of Recur toys, I can say with certainty that they are probably the best dinosaur figures for little kids to play with due to their excellent durability. I'm glad they're expanding. But also disappointed that there's not a single new herbivore!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

IrritatorRaji

I actually really like that Carnotaurus.

PhilSauria

I don't mind saying that I'll be on the lookout for some of these.

suspsy

Hopefully Recur's distribution will improve. It's been ages since we had a new Recur review on the blog.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Patrx

That cetacean is actually kind of nice. It could be Basilosaurus? It looks a little short in the tail for that. Maybe Dorudon?

Jose S.M.

It would be good if is something else, I would like to see it from another angle, it looks like one of their best figures.

Shonisaurus

I sincerely like his feathered Tyrannosaurus Recur is a very beautiful figure.

Faelrin

That Carnotaurus doesn't look too bad actually (other then the fact it looks a bit goofy), at least from the side. The marine critters look pretty decent too, though aside from the Dunkleosteus, I'm not too familiar with them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.