News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recur: New for 2018

Started by Joey, December 04, 2017, 05:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Hmm they look a bit strange if you'd ask me as if their heads are a bit too big compared to their bodies, the anatomy is a bit off imo.
All that left alone some of the colors, the purple Mosasaur looks strange with it's webbed feet like limbs, over the more conventional flippers most others used.

Kind of a mixed bag these, they aren't too bad but they aren't great either. Personally I never heard of this brand either.
Also I am not sure an Elasmosaur  could be as flexible as this fella here:

terrorchicken

these are new? they look nicer than their previous ones. I really like the carnotaurus and marine animals, though Ive never seen flippers like that on a mosasaur.

Reptilia

Paint scheme on the Tyrannosaurus head looks nice, while patterns on Ichthyosaurus and Basilosaurus rather pointless. That Dunkleosteus is kinda weird, in a positive way. The fact that is squishy makes it appealing, somehow, and the design isn't bad at all.

PhilSauria

Weird pose or not I will probably get this Plesiosaur. I'd like to see what it looks like when not held upside down. The head is way better than many seen on figures of this animal. As for some of the colour schemes; wouldn't be the first time I've repainted a figure.

Shonisaurus

Honestly I think it's an improvement on the part of Recur in regard to their dinosaurs regardless that many of their early dinosaurs and prehistoric animals were fantastic, for example majungasaurus, un-feathered tyrannosaurus, dimetrodon, mosasaurus. I sincerely am excited about the new figures of Recur.

On the other hand the Recur ankylosaurus of 2017 is an outstanding figure.

I like it because Recur in this case has not opted for figures neither very small nor immense (ie Jumbo version).

Your material in my case as a collector seems to me more than acceptable, not to say outstanding and quite cheap inside the toy market which I appreciate.

I like your prehistoric marine animals very much especially the dunkleosteus, ichythiosaurus, basilosaurus and elasmosaurus. And also the feathered tyrannosaurus and even the ceratosaurus.

The figure that is less attractive to me is the giganotosaurus reminds me a lot of his carchardontosaurus and honestly is not one of my favorite figures in my collection.

IrritatorRaji

Where would I be able to buy these? Does Recur have a website or anything? Or would I be able to find them on sites like Amazon or EverythingDinosaur?

suspsy

Could someone please add those images to the front page?
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 27, 2018, 09:26:44 PM
Where would I be able to buy these? Does Recur have a website or anything? Or would I be able to find them on sites like Amazon or EverythingDinosaur?

I don't think ED carries them, but DeJankins does in the States, and Urzeitshop does in Europe. They should also be available on TaoBao and AliExpress soon after release.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mononykus

I don't pay Recur much attention since their dinos aren't great, but I find a couple in this batch intriguing, although its probably entirely accidental on Recur's part.

If the whale is supposed to be Basilosaurus, it is indeed terrible, since Basilosaurus is a greatly elongated, almost eel-like animal with a relatively small head. The one here could possibly serve as some other early whale such as Dorudon or Protocetus, however. We will need more pictures.

The more hand-like paddles on the Mosasaur could perhaps make it a stand in for a more primitive species such as Halisaurus (though I don't think any true Mosasaurid actually had claws), but it might need to be skinnier?

The big eyes on the ichthyosaur suggests Ophthalmosaurus (not sure if the rest works for that genus).

I doubt Recur is actually trying to make obscure species such as these, but maybe by accident they can come close.

Shonisaurus

Well honestly may not be as great as members of the forum point, but it is a clear improvement over their first figures. From my point of view in general terms I like the company Recur, for me their figures are "good, nice and cheap".

The dunkleosteus, the basilosaurus (or dorudon) and the ichyosaurus (or opthalmosaurus) and the same tylosaurus? of Recur they look like great figures to me.

In fact I just bought and order Aliexpress the ankylosaurus from Recur 2017 and it came out for a quite acceptable and affordable price and for me it is a great figure not only in the history of Recur but in the history of the toy dinosaur.

Bokisaurus

I have never owned a Recur figure, I like some of them, they are fun and different. I have to admit I like the new marine creatures, so interesting ;)

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Patrx on May 22, 2018, 01:52:52 PM
That cetacean is actually kind of nice. It could be Basilosaurus? It looks a little short in the tail for that. Maybe Dorudon?

I'm really hoping that's the case.

Unfortunately, the coloration looks suspiciously similar to the first Basilosaurus restoration on Wikipedia...

Halichoeres

Recur has an ad in the new issue of Prehistoric Times where the identities of these figures are revealed. None is a surprise. In the order of Takama's posted photos:

Tyrannosaurus
Carnotaurus
Giganotosaurus
Plesiosaurus
Ophthalmosaurus
Basilosaurus
Dunkleosteus

And there's a Liopleurodon, which I don't recall having seen before.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

What I would like to know is when they will be available on your aliexpress sales page, I hope they do not take as long as the Mojo figures.

Honestly the figures that I like the most are marine prehistoric animals. The dunkleosteus, opthalmosaurus, basilosaurus and mosasaurus are my favorite figures. The theropods I would like to see them in more figures than the initial promotional photo. Anyway, the ones I like the most are tyrannosaurus and carnotaurus. Giganotosaurus is more or less the same as carcharodontosaurus of the same brand. What I like the least about the theropods are their huge heads, I see them in this case somewhat disproportionate but it is a personal appreciation.

The plesiosaurus is perhaps the least interesting figure in the group. The liopleurodon I would like to see in a promotional photo to comment on that figure.

Halichoeres

I remembered incorrectly, the ad doesn't have the mosasaur in it, but since they already have a Mosasaurus in their line, I'd guess it's probably Tylosaurus. The Liopleurodon in the ad is a sculpt I don't recall having seen, but to be honest I'm not sure it merits much comment.

mgaguilar

Looking forward to this.
Even though they are basically toy-quality, the push for feathered/partially-feathered rexes and the Giga as a mainstay theropod for commercial release is always a welcome site.
And even with the more obscure marine reptiles, seems like they expanded quite a bit. Can't wait to see how sculpt quality and production increase for Recur over time.

Shonisaurus

By the way, when will the new dinosaurs and prehistoric animals Recur be available? Has the company given an exact date? I'm interested in all of them.

stargatedalek

The marine animals look rather amazing if you ask me. The Dunkleosteus and amphibian in particular. Is this the fist mass produced Dunkleosteus that actually has the armor coated in a skin flush with the body?

suspsy

Sure would be great if Recur became more widely available. My son quite enjoys playing with my current assortment.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 04, 2018, 12:51:24 AM
The marine animals look rather amazing if you ask me. The Dunkleosteus and amphibian in particular. Is this the fist mass produced Dunkleosteus that actually has the armor coated in a skin flush with the body?
I think CollectA did it first.

Another thing, no update on the purple mosasaur?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.