News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun: New for 2018

Started by sauroid, December 09, 2017, 03:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i inquired in the Mojo new release thread over at STS about any prehistoric models for next year.

"so, are there any hints of prehistoric figures for next year?"

a Mojo representative who replies to all inquiries related to their products commented:
"We are still a short while from revealing the prehistoric figures however I can tell you that we have FOUR new figures all of which are entirely new species which Mojo has never made before. We also have some colouration changes in our prehistoric ranges however I know they aren't quite as exciting as new releases."

i will update this thread from time to time and add pics as they come out.

Giganotosaurus

Diplodocus

Baryonyx

Deinonychus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Everything_Dinosaur

All four of the new for 2018 Mojo Fun "Prehistoric & Extinct" dinosaurs are featured in this blog post from Everything Dinosaur: New from Mojo Fun in 2018

As well as pics, the article includes model measurements.  Available from Everything Dinosaur, perhaps as early as January next year.

Takama

The Bary and Giga have there issues, but they sure do look like they would fit in with the T.Rex and Allosaurus Released this (soon to be extinct) year

Carnosaur

Wow Mojo is really stepping up. they used to be regarded as somewhere below Schleich quality and accuracy wise. but they are fast becoming a serious rival to Safari and CollectA.

Jose S.M.

Well they don't look bad at all, pretty nice! I like Deino and Baryonyx a lot, their heads look really nice.  Too bad their sizes are too big for me, that Deinonychus is almost  as big as the Giga.

ITdactyl

Wow.  I like the new Mojo figures.  I'll probably get the diplodocus and the deinonychus (accuracy notwithstanding).

My only issue with these new models (and please pardon my point of reference) is that they're too lean.... as in underwear model lean vs. real world plump.  I guess it'll be a long time before dinosaur figures catch up to the fat and floof of extant animal figures (except flamingos... because...)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 09, 2017, 06:15:33 PM
Wow.  I like the new Mojo figures.  I'll probably get the diplodocus and the deinonychus (accuracy notwithstanding).

My only issue with these new models (and please pardon my point of reference) is that they're too lean.... as in underwear model lean vs. real world plump.  I guess it'll be a long time before dinosaur figures catch up to the fat and floof of extant animal figures (except flamingos... because...)

I agree, I'm tempted by the Baryonyx actually but it skipped some meals and legs day.

ItsTwentyBelow

Meh. These are all pretty unimpressive. Mojo had figured out how to sculpt accurately with their extinct mammals, but they must have let that guy go a while back.

The Baryonyx is halfway decent (the hind limbs look a little goofy), but these all have their issues. The Diplodocus looks like a sauropod from the 90s and the skull is too large. The skull on the Giganotosaurus is just not very good and the pose looks odd. The Deinonychus simply looks like it's about to fall forward with how they have it posed.

Loon

All pretty decent looking, I'll definitely be getting the Deinonychus, and maybe the Baryonyx. It's good to know at least one good Baryonyx will be coming out next year.

DinoToyForum

OP update with pictures please!  O:-)  :)

suspsy

All four are unimpressive. When it comes to dinosaurs, Mojo hasn't caught up to Schleich, let alone CollectA and Safari.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Dyscrasia

Pics from https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/12/09/mojo-fun-new-dinosaur-models-for-2018.html

Diplodocus
Length 27 cm, height of the head 13 cm.

Baryonyx
Length 27 cm, height of the head 10 cm.

Giganotosaurus
Length 35 cm, height approx. 12 cm.

Deinonychus
Length 32 cm, height (raised tail) 14.5 cm.

tyrantqueen

The Bary and Dippy aren't too bad, but still not must have territory for me. This effort is a step in the right direction, at least.

Shonisaurus

The dinosaur of Mojo 2018 that perhaps I like most is the deinonychus is a feathered animal quite well done is the deinonychus that I would always like to have made a dinosaur toy company.

On the other hand the giganotosaurus is also another of my favorite figures on the part of Mojo 2018 and in a certain way is a great figure capable of competing in genius with Schleich's giganotosaurus, although perhaps I like Mojo more than I am going to fool myself.

The baryonyx is a good figure but somewhat weak in my opinion because it is seen without volume. I understand that it lacks volume sincerely Papo is superior although its bright blue metallic color gives a feeling of being a somewhat interesting dinosaur, but it convinces me more in this case that of Collecta (even if it belongs to its dark stage).

The weakest number of the group is the diplodocus sincerely does not have the same size of paloartística genius that the one that has the most dinosaur companies. Honestly I was more convinced by the brachiosaurus Mojo.

Sincerely the two figures that I like the most are first the deinonychus and second the giganotosaurus I pray because there is perhaps another who knows this year for another company of dinosaur toys like Papo. But unfortunately against the vice of asking is the virtue of not giving and although I hope sincerely for now I am more than satisfied with the figures that Papo has made.

The company Mojo has ostensibly improved its figures with difference and except for the diplodocus, the rest attracts my attention pleasantly.

I point out that when they go to the online or physical market I will buy all the news of Mojo including the diplodocus. It would be a fake to say that I only buy some figures and exclude others, although that does not mean that my favorites this year by the company Mojo are the giganotosaurus and especially the deinonychus the latter a very detailed figure.

stargatedalek

As inaccurate and overall "un-unique" as these are they definitely have some generally good sculpting work.

If only they were just a little larger, that would make them really different enough to be worth serious notice. As they are they just don't have anything especially interesting or noteworthy about them to make them worth tracking down.

Joey

Man, I like this Mojo Fun line up!
The Diplodocus looks more like a Barosaurus to me, therefore I like it a lot.
The Baryonyx is the most Baryonyx figure on the toy market, therefore I'll get it.
The Giganotosaurus is very large, longer than Collecta's Carcharodontosaurus. However the legs are too long and too thin.
And the Deinonychus is a very nice toy! Also it seems to sharr the same pose as Favorite Co's Velociraptor.

Minmiminime

Hmmm...well, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised, and I find the Deinonychus and Baryonyx very charming! I liked the look of a couple of last year's offerings and didn't take the plunge. I'm trying to limit my number of "toy" figures, but I may just add these two. Yeah, actually I definitely will ::)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Fenestra

Wow. Best dinosaurs Mojo has ever made IMO.
I really like the bold colours for Diplodocus and Baryonyx.

paintingdinos

Personally, I'm pumped about the Deinonychus. Its begging for a few modifications and some new color... I'm definitely going to pick up a couple and have some fun with them :)

Edit:
Oh yes, this could be oodles of fun to mess around with! The size alone makes it so much more viable for customization. The more I think about it, the happier I am to see it.

John

People may want to see more pictures of the model before calling the Diplodocus "inaccurate" so quickly.
In a model that's only 10 inches long or so,there is bound to be some distortion in the photos due to angle,pose of the model,and closeness of the camera.That being said,it and the other three look fine to me so far as I can tell.   :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.