News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

3"3/4 inch human figures:
Lockwood battle Owen, Mercenary 1, Claire, Wheatley, Owen w/ baby Blue, Dinosaur trainer Owen, Zia, Mercenary 2, Maisie w/T.rex skull.

Story packs : Owen with Blue, Claire with Gyrosphere and Wheatley with Stygimoloch

Attack Packs : Dimorphodon 2, Dimorphodon 1, Proceratosaurus, Stygimoloch, Gallimimus, Herrerasaurus, Velociraptor 2, Protoceratops, Minmi, Dilophosaurus, Blue, Velociraptor 1

Two packs(Attack pack repaints):
Blue with Dimorphodon, Dilophosaurus with Dimorphodon, Velociraptor with Gallimimus.

Rip_Run Chasers:
Owen & motorcycle, Blue, Stygimoloch, Velociraptor.

Roarivores:
Ceratosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Pteranodon, Metriacanthosaurus, Allosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Triceratops, Baryonyx.

Action Attack : Stegosaurus, Suchomimus and Carnotaurus.

Basic Dino value (12 inch figures):
Owen, Blue, Pachycephalosaurus, Velociraptor, Indoraptor, Dilophosaurus.

Large dinosaurs:
Thrash n´Throw Tyrannosaurus rex, "Real Feel" Mosasaurus, Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus rex, Indoraptor, TV driver/Electronic Indoraptor, Tyrannosaurus rex anatomy kit.

Matchbox vehicles:
Jeep Wrangler with rescue net, Off-Road rescue Rig, Deep-Dive Submarine, Gyrosphere Blast Vehicle, Die-Cast Jeep Wrangler.

RC Vehicles:
Jeep Wrangler raptor attack RC, Textron Tiger RC, Gyrosphere RC, Textron Tiger RC

Mini Dinos:

Blind bags:

Mini dinos 15 pack

Legacy Collection:

3"3/4 inch human figures: All of them have an accessory and a Compsognathus figure. Robert Muldoon, Dr. Alan Grant, Dr. Ellie Sattler & Dr. Ian Malcolm.

Basic dinosaurs: TLW Baby Tyrannosaurus, TLW Pachycephalosaurus, TLW Male Velociraptor, JP Gallimimus, JP3 Male Velociraptor, JP Dilophosaurus, JP3 Pteranodon & JW Pteranodon.

Large dinosaurs: Extreme Chompin´ Tyrannosaurus rex, Extreme Chompin´ Spinosaurus.

Jeep Wrangler.

Bundle Packs: Legacy Bundle (Dr. Grant, Dilophosaurus, Compsognathus, Velociraptor, Velociraptor & Gallimimus), 6 pack Bundle (Pteranodon, Gallimimus, Gallimimus, Dilophosaurus, Velociraptor & Dimorphodon).

5 mini pack 1 (Triceratops, Dilophosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Tyrannosaurus & Brachiosaurus).

5 mini pack 2 (Velociraptor, Parasaurolophus, Pachycephalosaurus, Stegosaurus & Tyrannosaurus).

Tyrannosaurus rex & Monolophosaurus

Battle Damage:

Regular assortment: Velociraptor, Pteranodon, Stygimoloch, Velociraptor "Blue", Herrerasaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Gallimimus & Triceratops.

Dino DNA Lab Kit Dimorphodon.

Slime Line
Dino DNA Lab Kit Velociraptor.

Pteranodon Copter Attack set

Chomper T.rex w/ unidentified accessory

Stygymoloch lab set

Destructasaurs:

Regular assortment: Pterandon w/ Microceratus, Velociraptor w/Microceratus, Stygimoloch w/ Dimorphodon, Dimetrodon w/ Microceratus, Dilophosaurus w/ Compsognanthus

Lava surge playset with Baryonyx.

Big thanks go out to MLMjp for all the help!

Reptilia

They don't look like an improvement over Hasbro products, to be honest.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Reptilia on December 23, 2017, 04:33:05 AM
They don't look like an improvement over Hasbro products, to be honest.
Over the older Hasbro lines sure, but those lines are what Mattel are explicitly trying to emulate. But these are already an objective improvement over that Jurassic World slop in every conceivable way.

laticauda

I am excited by allosaurus but its tough to say how much of an improvement they really are. Who knows if there are screw holes on the other side. 

ITdactyl

amargasaurus cazaui

might fix  the typo in the title...was trying to figure out who Mattal is...lol :D :D
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ZoPteryx

Interesting.  That Baryonyx looks much more like a real Baryonyx than whatever creature was in the recent movie trailer.

Joey

My simple opinions:
The Baryonyx is good
The Allosaurus is mediocre
I like the Metriacanthosaurus, except for the broken tripod tail

Faelrin

The Baryonyx doesn't seem too bad. They look like they are electronic too. I don't think I'll likely get the Baryonyx though, unless it has some cool sounds. Not too interested in the others, because of the shrinkwrapping, tripod tail, and color schemes. Still hope there's a decent Carnotaurus, and maybe a decent Tyrannosaurus. Otherwise this line already seems disappointing, but well at least it will save me money. Hoping they don't suffer the same screw holes on one side thing the Hasbro JW figures did. I can live with it, but I still hate that. At least there aren't any visible flesh wounds on these. I hated that even as a child when I had the JPIII toys.

Edit: Just saw there is an Imaginext set leak on JPToys. The Blue figure there actually has the right colors. Wow. Hope the same for the potential Blue figure from this Mattel lineup.

Edit May 2018: Lol how wrong I was, but then again those leaked pics didn't exactly do them justice either.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

I really do hope these aren't final.
The Metri's pose is hideous, looks like one of those classic hunched over theropod poses you see in outdated dinosaur media and chinasaurs.
The Allo looks a bit on the skinny side, especially around the tail, but I'll wait for higher resolution images to make a final judgement.
The Bary somehow is even more accurate to the actual animal than portrayed in the movie, surprising.

They better not have bullet holes on the other side, and unless those holes on the bottom are for the speakers, I sure do hope they patch them up. That was Hasbro's mistake.
These look just about the same as Hasbro's lumps of plastic, but probably slightly more pleasing to the eye.

Joey

Quote from: Faelrin on December 23, 2017, 06:01:02 AM
Edit: Just saw there is an Imaginext set leak on JPToys. The Blue figure there actually has the right colors. Wow. Hope the same for the potential Blue figure from this Mattel lineup.
Can you give us a link? I'm just interested to see the leaked set, and also I tried looking on JPToys and didn't find anything.

suspsy

They're better than what Hasbro spat up, but aside from that, nothing to write home about. And yeah, for all we know right now, they could have screw holes on their right sides.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Faelrin

Quote from: Joey on December 23, 2017, 07:07:03 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on December 23, 2017, 06:01:02 AM
Can you give us a link? I'm just interested to see the leaked set, and also I tried looking on JPToys and didn't find anything.

I should have been more clear. It was from their forum. Here's a link though: http://dinodan.proboards.com/thread/8332/first-fallen-kingdom-imaginext-leaked
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Looks like these will be fun Jurassic Park style toys. However, am I the only who finds it odd that the Baryonyx is more accurate than the movie model?

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Loon on December 23, 2017, 09:22:16 AM
Looks like these will be fun Jurassic Park style toys. However, am I the only who finds it odd that the Baryonyx is more accurate than the movie model?

Yeah the head definitely looks better.

IrritatorRaji

Apparently these are the fist images Mattel have released for their JW line. I hope it's true, I like these figures a lot. I won't lie, they're flawed, but they're infinitely better than Habros offerings and they look like that'll be a blast for kids.

*Image links removed at the request of Mattel, Inc. - C:-) Admin*

I look forward to seeing the rest of Mattel's JW:FK toy line :)

DinoToyForum

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on December 23, 2017, 12:57:15 PM
The Metriacanthosaurus looks like a relic from the 1970s'.

I sort of like that about it. Weird colour, too!

Jose S.M.

Allosaurus looks way better than the JW one, that thing doesn't even look like an Allosaurus. I just wonder if it can be posed more horizontally since in the photo is using the tip of its tail to stand.
Baryonyx actually looks good  and it's just me or one of it's hands it's not pronated?
Metriacanthosaurus is unfortunate, since the other two figures are decent, why design that one so bad? It reminds of that Megalosaurus that's huntchbacked.

Overall they look better than the last JW line for me, I would not be ashamed to gift allo and bary to my cousin's kids. Hopefully they will reveal some herbivores soon. Also I think people who are good in customization can get rid of the seams and holes and make them look even better if the wanted.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.