News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Appalachiosaurus

I'm actually kind of surprised that these toys are getting such a negative reaction, they look great! I understand that a lot of users here are more interested in solid plastic models, but, as toys, these are miles ahead of Hasbro (I recommend everyone take another look at Hasbro's line to compare the absolutely massive improvement). Here's to hoping the bigger dinosaurs have "real-feel" skin like Kenner, that would make my day.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on December 24, 2017, 12:13:54 AM
I'm actually kind of surprised that these toys are getting such a negative reaction, they look great! I understand that a lot of users here are more interested in solid plastic models, but, as toys, these are miles ahead of Hasbro (I recommend everyone take another look at Hasbro's line to compare the absolutely massive improvement). Here's to hoping the bigger dinosaurs have "real-feel" skin like Kenner, that would make my day.

It said that feature was removed on the smaller of the two T-Rex's on JPToys,  and they didn't look that nice anymore either..odd when that head prototype was so nice.

Oh the Mosa is 26" long ,,i'm impressed.

Sigmasaurus

I personally like the Mosasaur, Carno, and the Indoraptor. The rest I will have to see closeup.

Reptilia

Out of these I only like the Mosasaurus, and moderately the Baryonyx. Nothing that I would ever buy though. Did anyone notice the seam on Carnotaurus' neck? Might be a gimmick to recreate the scene with the T-Rex?

Roselaar

After 17 years if Hasbro, these look fabulous! Okay, so they're inaccurate hard-plastic toys, but they're still the closest new thing to Kennersaurs we will ever get. Some of them are hit and miss, but all of them have qualities I can approve. Dino-damage, fresh paint jobs, biting action and what appears to be ball-jointed arms, I'm loving these! Hopefully they'll stay that way rather than be cheaped down in the rest of the production process.

Are there any other Metriacanthosaurus figures on the market? I can't remember...

Albertosaurus

They are not meant to be accurate or realistic or whatever...they are just toys for kids....some people here donĀ“t seem to understand that... I wish they were made of softer plastic/rubber, like the old JP toys, so my kid can play more safely with them.

Flaffy

Quote from: Roselaar on December 24, 2017, 02:22:45 PM
Are there any other Metriacanthosaurus figures on the market? I can't remember...
The CollectA one

Roselaar

ChrisLikesDinos

Removed my post, for now.

Faelrin

Thanks for the input. So there's a Gallimimus for this line? Wow. There hasn't been once since the Kenner days. Although I suppose the same goes for the Parasaurolophus, but I don't know if anyone could top Kenner's sculpt of that one.

I'm so surprised that the Mosasaurus is so big, and is going to have that "real feel" skin thing going on. If I can get one I will, although I worry about where I would put such a large toy. At least I have the smaller JW one if it turns out I can't for whatever reason. Same goes for any of the large T. rex toys though.

I'm guessing that the Canotaurus is one of those super strike figures (considering the joints on the head and neck)? I'm guessing this means the jaw might not have simple articulation, but is tied to an action feature instead?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: Faelrin on December 24, 2017, 07:03:14 PM
Thanks for the input. So there's a Gallimimus for this line? Wow. There hasn't been once since the Kenner days. Although I suppose the same goes for the Parasaurolophus, but I don't know if anyone could top Kenner's sculpt of that one.

I'm so surprised that the Mosasaurus is so big, and is going to have that "real feel" skin thing going on. If I can get one I will, although I worry about where I would put such a large toy. At least I have the smaller JW one if it turns out I can't for whatever reason. Same goes for any of the large T. rex toys though.

I'm guessing that the Canotaurus is one of those super strike figures (considering the joints on the head and neck)? I'm guessing this means the jaw might not have simple articulation, but is tied to an action feature instead?

Ah, I knew I was forgetting something. Yep, the Carnotaurus is a super strike (non electronic, very similar to the 2013 Dino Showdown Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus).

Reptilia

Am I wrong or in that size comparison image the two sauropods and the T-Rex are smaller than they should be? Especially Rexy, in the original JP movie she could easily keep an adult Gallimimus in its jaws, while in that tab the Gallimimus seems to reach the same height as Rexy's mouth. Plus a man can't be as tall as a Brachiosaurus' limb.

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: Reptilia on December 24, 2017, 07:43:56 PM
Am I wrong or in that size comparison image the two sauropods and the T-Rex are smaller than they should be? Especially Rexy, in the original JP movie she could easily keep an adult Gallimimus in its jaws, while in that tab the Gallimimus seems to reach the same height as Rexy's mouth. Plus a man can't be as tall as a Brachiosaurus' limb.

The size chart isn't to scale, it's rather to show smallest to largest, not the finer nuances.

It's also older, and at least one thing has thankfully changed..

Reptilia

What's changed?

Phoenix

Well these look promising, can't wait to see the rest of the line!

BlueKrono

I'm definitely excited for that real-feel mosasaur. I appreciate the fact that they're trying to make it affordable too.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Faelrin

Well if the super strike figures are supposed to be like the Dino Showdown figures, I guess that means they will have lots of articulation then, and not some gimmick. That's definitely a good thing for me, although I can still live with a gimmick, since that figure looks good enough so far. Even if I would have been cool with electronic sounds, lots of articulation is definitely something to look forward too, and honestly I would truly take that over sounds, since I seldom use that feature on my figures that I currently have. I really can't wait for the official reveals of these.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

makes sense to leave out any mechanical parts or electronics...you know that sucker is headed for pools and bath tubs... ;)

Cephalopod

Everybody get on the Floor. Thats an amazing Jurassic world dinosaur. And there is more to come too i guess. These look wonderfull. And a big Mosasaurus.
Ink ink ink, cephalopods don't stink... so does their ink. I think.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Few more pics :

Hmm.. the smaller Rex actually reminds me of the juvenile Rex more, it has a longer snout seen in the adolescent Rex Jane. I doubt they thought that hard about it but it could work for such.

The BIG Rex is a monster. I can't wait to get my bear paws on that sucker. :D

The Triceratops looks better than that horrible cg art they use on everything. 

Water spitting Dilo..yep that one's a shot to the nostalgia feels right there...gotta have one.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.