News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Lego: New for 2018

Started by suspsy, January 06, 2018, 04:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Lego is really committing to the JW:FK franchise this year! Here are the sets for the main line:

Baby Velociraptor Playpen

Pteranodon Chase.

Stygimoloch Breakout.

Blue's Helicopter Pursuit.

Carnotaurus Gyrosphere Escape.

Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate.

Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack.

T. rex Transporter.

Jurassic Park Velociraptor Chase.

Here are the Juniors sets.

Pteranodon Escape.

Raptor Rescue Truck.

T. rex Breakout.

And here are the Duplo sets.

Gentle Giants Petting Zoo

T. rex Tower

But that's not all! Lego City is also going to be featuring some prehistoric beasts in their Arctic subtheme:

Arctic Air Transport

Arctic Supply Aircraft

Arctic Mobile Exploration Base
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Joey

Brickshow actually made a video about the new sets, that I even posted about in the JWFK Toys thread.

ChrisLikesDinos

We ran an article expanding on the details The Brick Show initially provided here: http://jurassicoutpost.com/full-expanded-descriptions-every-lego-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-set-potential-spoilers/

The Carnotaurus is a let down, it's a repainted body of the Indominus and looks really goofy. The Stygimoloch looks nice.

Roselaar

Sounds pretty good, though maybe a bit too many similarities with the previous JW line. I'm very intrigued about the new figures, even if the Carno may be a letdown.

Okay, so by the time I finish my UCS Millennium Falcon, Saturn V and Classic Batcave, I can immediately proceed with JW 2 Lego sets. :)

Reptilia

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on January 07, 2018, 08:38:21 PM
The Carnotaurus is a let down, it's a repainted body of the Indominus and looks really goofy.

Didn't the T-Rex and Indominus from the JW sets share the same body already?

Joey

Quote from: Reptilia on January 07, 2018, 10:07:06 PM
Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on January 07, 2018, 08:38:21 PM
The Carnotaurus is a let down, it's a repainted body of the Indominus and looks really goofy.

Didn't the T-Rex and Indominus from the JW sets share the same body already?
Their bodies are the same size, the Indominus just has spikes while the T-Rex doesn't.

ChrisLikesDinos

This is what the Carnotaurus looks like:

C:-) Image link removed at the request of The LEGO Group Brand Protection

Reptilia

Doesn't look bad. I mean, for what Lego figures are in general.

Irritation

I wanted an accurate Carnotaurus Lego figure, but I'll settle in for a OS Bull.

Joey

I actually expected it to look worse, it actually doesn't look that bad, I mean sure it definetly looks nothing like the one in the trailer, but it's still not bad at all.

suspsy

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on January 07, 2018, 10:50:38 PM
This is what the Carnotaurus looks like:

While I'm a bit disappointed about the size, that looks pretty good for a Lego figure.

And again I'm going to express my bafflement at why Lego hasn't reused the Triceratops figure. They could even create a new head and make a Pachyrhinosaurus while they're at it.

AcroSauroTaurus

I'll definitely be getting the Carnotaurus set, and the Stygimoloch(I consider it a sub-adult Pachycephalosaurus) set as well, and possibly the Indoraptor set. I only get the sets that have new dinosaurs in them, with the JW sets I only got the Indominus set and the Dilophosaurus set.
I am the Dinosaur King!

ChrisLikesDinos

What LEGO needed to do was create a new mid-size Dino mold.. they could have used the body and legs interchangeably with new heads an arms for dinos like Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, and Baryonyx.

Excuse the crude mock-up

suspsy

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on January 08, 2018, 08:03:45 PM
What LEGO needed to do was create a new mid-size Dino mold.. they could have used the body and legs interchangeably with new heads an arms for dinos like Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, and Baryonyx.

Excuse the crude mock-up

Well, Lego has always been about reusing parts whenever they can; it is kind of their whole theme, after all. And given that JWFK is small potatoes compared to their Star Wars and DC/Marvel Super Heroes properties, I guess it simply wasn't in their budget to create a new mid-size mould. But I certainly agree with you that it would have been great. I like your renditions of Allosaurus and Baryonyx.

Reptilia

It's nice they've chosen the Carnotaurus as the big boy for this series, if I were a Lego collector I wouldn't mind having it in the same size of the T-Rex and Indominus from the older sets.

DinoToyForum

At the request of The LEGO Group Brand Protection I've deleted image links posted in this thread.  C:-)

suspsy

Well, May will get here before we know it. Official images may also pop up next month after the New York Toy Fair. In the mean time, I support our admin's decision.

SidB

On a slightly different note, congratulations, Suspsy, for hitting and passing the 4000 post plateau. I can hardly imagine reaching that point. Then again, one post at a time, of course. Thank you for the tremendous contribution that you have made to this community. Your reviews are a regular "happening" that I always look forward to with anticipation.

DinoToyForum

No pictures for now please, unless they're official, but otherwise feel free to discuss (I know, that's difficult without pics, but that's the way it is). C:-)

CityRaptor

First official pictures have been released:
http://news.toyark.com/2018/01/30/jurassic-world-lego-set-details-official-hd-images-284189
Seems to encourage kids ( of all ages? ) to make their own hybrids.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.