News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Lego: New for 2018

Started by suspsy, January 06, 2018, 04:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Was Blue the same colour of this in the 2015 sets? The T-Rex seems to be exactly the same.

suspsy

I'm definitely going to pick up that Duplo set. My son is only six months old, but he'll grow into it. And it'll make for an amusing review.

Interesting how the T. rex is in a Juniors set. $49.99 US is no small price, but it's still the cheapest set that figure has ever appeared in.

Here's some closeups of the packaging. You can see the Carnotaurus, the Stygimoloch, and one other monster.

https://brickshow.com/2018/01/closer-look-at-2018-lego-jurassic-world-sets-revealed-at-nuremberg-toy-fair/
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

suspsy

More official pics have been released! Check out the Stygimoloch and the Carnotaurus! And that petting zoo is adorable!

https://brickset.com/article/34370/more-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-sets-revealed

Reptilia

Yes, both Stygimoloch and Carnotaurus are lovely. I wish Lego figures were also available separately from their sets.

CityRaptor

If this is anything like the first JW Lego, there will be tons of bootlegs of those figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Quite likely, but I would love to get the originals. Not a Lego fan, so after all I guess I'll give up on the idea of picking up some of the sets only to obtain the dino figures.

suspsy

I've added images to the first post. :)

laticauda

I agree that petting zoo may be small but it is adorable. 

suspsy

Here are some nice closeup shots of some of the sets. The Stygimoloch looks really great, especially considering it's a retool of the Velociraptor and the Dilophosaurus. Wu looks quite evil. The Carnotaurus is really tempting, but I don't think I can afford such a large set.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/02/16/lego-unveils-complete-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-line-news/

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Box front pics. Lego always does a fine job of enticing people with their box art. The Carnotaurus box is especially tempting.

https://brickshow.com/2018/03/more-official-box-art-images-of-lego-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-sets/

Mackeral

Love that Lego Stygimoloch ;D

suspsy

Quote from: Mackeral on March 12, 2018, 06:53:21 PM
Love that Lego Stygimoloch ;D

I like how Wu is either dropping his coffee mug in shock or possibly lobbing it at the Stygimoloch. "Come back here right now!"

Jose S.M.

The Stygimoloch looks cute!

Lanthanotus

Despite it being Lego and dinosaurs I do not really care for that JW stuff, but here's more pics of all sets to be released (German site):

click!

suspsy

Check it out! Two more sets, one of them based on the original JP film!

And still no Triceratops. :(

https://brickshow.com/2018/03/additional-lego-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-sets-revealed/

Reptilia

The Carnotaurus and Indoraptor sets seem to be directly inspired by specific movie scenes, so hopefully the Dilophosaurus one too. It's about time the spitter's coming back on stage!

suspsy

Another set revealed. This T. rex has different markings from the one in the Juniors set:

https://brickshow.com/2018/03/another-lego-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-set-surfaced-t-rex-transport-75933/

QuetzalcoatlusKing

I'm actually a big lego guy and I will get the JP set deffinatly. all my JW sets are broken but I got all of them so I plan on getting all the FK sets and (hopefully) keeping them in one.

Flaffy

Has anyone noticed how expensive these Lego sets are for their size?

The Lockwood manor just looks sad and pathetic, miss the days when they did big houses and mansions that could open up revealing the intricate designs on the inside.

I really want to get the Stygimoloch set, since it's a stygimoloch. But that fencing/cage is just small, way too small. It's as if Lego is going bare minimum for the set. It looks like a dollar store version of the Indominus breakout from 2015, like seriously, 3 walls only Lego? Is that all you could give us? The dinosaur can barely fit inside the pen!

For a brand that heavily features dinosaurs and other prehistoric critters, there isn't a lot of diversity of dinosaurs in the Lego sets. I'm very surprised we didn't get a set dedicated to the Baryonyx sewer scene, or the cliffside stampede scene with multiple full sized lego dinosaurs. (I guess the Carno set is for the stampede scene, but I don't think you can make a stampede with 1 single dinosaur.)
All they had to do was take the pretty decent designs from their JW game, and make them into actual figures!
Missed opportunities right there, tsk tsk tsk.

Oh well, pretty sure most of the budget went to licensing fees... What a shame, hope I'll be able to find spare parts to make more fencing for the Stygi.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.