News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Photos please!

Started by DinoToyForum, January 15, 2018, 09:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

During the Great Photobucket Disaster a few months ago, several older reviews on the Dinosaur Toy Blog were affected, including many by Libraraptor. As a result, he is undertaking the time-consuming and laborious task of updating his reviews with new images (uploaded to dinotoyblog.com). Unfortunately, he doesn't have local copies of everything, and so has opted to use new photos.

To this end, we're looking for assistance. If anybody has good walk-around photos (or is willing to take some) and would permit us to use them to illustrate the following image-less reviews, we would be extremely grateful! We would obviously credit the photos, too.

Protochirotherium (Bullyland)
Tyrannosaurus (Larami)
Therizinosaurus (Bullyland)
Velociraptor (World of History by Schleich)
Brachiosaurus (Saurierpark Kleinwelka, Sachsen)
Deinotherium (Bullyland)
Ankylosaurus (Larami)
Megatherium (Marolin / VEB Plaho)
Andrewsarchus (Bullyland)
Nodosaurid (Furkan)
Diatryma (Schleich)
Apatosaurus ("World Of Jura" by Goebel)
Entelodont (AAA)
Triceratops (Simba)
Plateosaurus (Bullyland mini)
Spinophorosaurus by Bullyland
Majungasaurus (CollectA)
Hesperornis (Primeval by Character Options)
Mastodonsaurus (Bullyland)
Compsognathus (alias "Velociraptor") by Tchibo
Deinonychus (Bullyland)
Dimetrodon (Inpro)
Apatosaurus (Bullyland Micro Tiere)
Brontosaurus (Marolin / VEB Plaho)
Oviraptor (Papo)
Apatosaurus (Schleich 2008)
Styracosaurus Maquette by Sideshow Dinosauria. Original photos by Jeremy Killian, if we can track him down?
Pachycephalosaurus (Battat)
Muttaburrasaurus (Collecta)
Scelidosaurus (Collecta Deluxe)
Deinonychus (AAA)
Paraceratherium (Collecta)
Sphenacodon (Linde)
Diatryma by Bullyland
Tyrannosaurus (Linde)
Edaphosaurus (Bullyland)

Other reviews (not by Libraraptor) missing photos:
Cladoselache (Kaiyodo series 1)
Saichania (Kaiyodo)
Tyrannosaurus rex (baby) (Jurassic Park: 'Dinosaurs 2', Kenner)
Albertosaurus (Prehistoric Masterpiece Collection by X-plus)
Agustinia (Procon/CollectA)

I suppose the easiest way to help is to email images to [email protected] Even just one or two would help lessen our burden, so thanks in advance.  O:-)

Lanthanotus

I can take care of the Bullyland Protochirotherium, Edaphosaurus, Diatryma and Deinonychus. Could add the Therizinosaurus aswell, but mine lacks one toe. Would take me some days though as I need to find time to get some of them from the attic and make photos.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 15, 2018, 09:46:09 PM
I can take care of the Bullyland Protochirotherium, Edaphosaurus, Diatryma and Deinonychus. Could add the Therizinosaurus aswell, but mine lacks one toe. Would take me some days though as I need to find time to get some of them from the attic and make photos.

Thanks! No rush, it is going to take time anyway. 8)

Sim

Regarding the Dinosaur Toy Blog reviews that had Photobucket images, would it be viable to use the Internet Archive website to retrieve the photos?  For example, entering the URL for the Bullyland Therizinosaurus review allowed me to view the photos in the review again: https://web.archive.org/web/20170704132820/http://dinotoyblog.com/2012/08/19/therizinosaurus-bullyland/

PhilSauria

I can add the Collecta Paracera and Schleich '08 Apatosaur. Wish that I had some of the others on the list! But who knows the solution suggested in the last post may make this request redundent anyhow.

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 15, 2018, 09:56:19 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 15, 2018, 09:46:09 PM

Thanks! No rush, it is going to take time anyway. 8)

Piece by Piece these reviews can be restored.  I can still  Take Care of many of these pics and you will be informed here which ones I uploaded myself.  But many Thanks in advance to everyone contributing and helping out!  I appreciate that very much!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on January 15, 2018, 10:10:47 PM
Regarding the Dinosaur Toy Blog reviews that had Photobucket images, would it be viable to use the Internet Archive website to retrieve the photos?  For example, entering the URL for the Bullyland Therizinosaurus review allowed me to view the photos in the review again: https://web.archive.org/web/20170704132820/http://dinotoyblog.com/2012/08/19/therizinosaurus-bullyland/

Great idea to use the Way Back Machine! Yes, that will help us salvage some of the originals (at least the resized versions that appeared on the blog) - I just got the Therizinosaurus images from your link, and it seems like the others should work, too. Help from other members is still appreciated. I'll strike through the reviews listed above as they're fixed, to save us duplicating work.  :D

DinoToyForum

I've started striking through reviews.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: PhilSauria on January 15, 2018, 10:14:13 PM
I can add the Collecta Paracera and Schleich '08 Apatosaur. Wish that I had some of the others on the list! But who knows the solution suggested in the last post may make this request redundent anyhow.

Updated, thanks so much, they look great.
http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/08/08/paraceratherium-collecta/
http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/12/28/apatosaurus-schleich-2008/

postsaurischian

I already have a walk-around of the Protochirotherium in my thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg53616;topicseen#msg53616
I'm sorry I can't contribute more.

stegosauria

This Kaiyodo Saichania review needs some help.

http://dinotoyblog.com/2008/02/04/saichania-dinomania-series-1-by-kaiyodo/

I think I saw its picture the first time when now I tried it with this WayBack Machine, so the picture probably wasn't the victim of the Photobucket Purge but I don't know why the picture disappaered. But even if we can see the pictures with the help of this site this review still contains just one picture.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stegosauria on January 18, 2018, 02:56:23 PM
This Kaiyodo Saichania review needs some help.

http://dinotoyblog.com/2008/02/04/saichania-dinomania-series-1-by-kaiyodo/

I think I saw its picture the first time when now I tried it with this WayBack Machine, so the picture probably wasn't the victim of the Photobucket Purge but I don't know why the picture disappaered. But even if we can see the pictures with the help of this site this review still contains just one picture.

Yes, the above request relates only to Libraraptor's reviews. There are other reviews that also need some work. The Kaiyodo Sachania review was posted by EmperorDinobot when he was a reviewer. He had uploaded his image onto Photobucket, the links to which I deleted when I purged the blog recently. So, if anyone has pictures of that one too, please send 'em on! Cheers!

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 17, 2018, 08:46:05 PM
I already have a walk-around of the Protochirotherium in my thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg53616;topicseen#msg53616
I'm sorry I can't contribute more.

I was able to salvage Libraraptor's original images, but thanks anyway! If Libraraptor wants to replace them he is welcome to, thanks for the offer.

Libraraptor

So cool to know some Pictures could be salvaged! Still, some are missing, of about 20 Reviews, and I´m about to hand them in later. Thank you, Adam and Helge! Did I forget anyone?!

DinoToyForum

I split this topic to make it easier to find the list in the OP of this thread.

Another review missing pics is the Cladoselache (Kaiyodo series 1) reviewed by Cordylus.

So, I will add it to the list, along with any others I happen to stumble over.

Halichoeres

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 18, 2018, 08:03:22 PM

Another review missing pics is the Cladoselache (Kaiyodo series 1) reviewed by Cordylus.

I can take some Cladoselache photos. The review references the brown version, but would you like a shot or two of the blue one as well?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 18, 2018, 09:42:48 PM

I can take some Cladoselache photos. The review references the brown version, but would you like a shot or two of the blue one as well?

Oh, yes please, comparison shots would be welcome. I can update the review. Whatever happened to Cordylus anyway?

Halichoeres

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 18, 2018, 09:44:05 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 18, 2018, 09:42:48 PM

Oh, yes please, comparison shots would be welcome. I can update the review. Whatever happened to Cordylus anyway?

Okay, you'll have them soon. Can't help you re: whereabout of Cordylus.  ^-^
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Cladoselache struck through, thanks Halichoeres.

DinoToyForum

I've crossed the Bullyland Edaphosaurus off the list thanks to Lanthanotus: http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/01/06/edaphosaurus-bullyland/

DinoToyForum

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.