News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away...

Started by Cretaceous Crab, February 13, 2018, 07:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretaceous Crab

...well, kinda. I'm doing a Paleoart series involving dinosaurs with color schemes reminiscent of Star Wars characters. I have many of them mapped out, but I just keep coming short on choosing a species for my favorite SW character of all, Boba Fett. Obviously, it can't be too iconic of a species (for example, T. rex) for a character that only gets sparse moments of screen time. But at the same time, it must match the mysteriousness & deadliness of the Fett. For those reasons, I am pretty much opposed to using any large tyrannosaurs.

Right now, some of my top choices are: Saurophaganax, Bahariasaurus, Suchomimus and Torvosaurus. But I'm opened to suggestions. Any ideas?

BlueKrono

As far as mysterious, Suchomimus was probably at least partially aquatic, and this concealed. As a side note, Star Wars creature Boga is essentially a modern reconstruction of a dinosaur, feathers and all.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Ravonium

First of all, good luck with this series  :)  It is a fairly interesting story idea and I'm glad you shared it with us.

As for the character representing Boba Fett, I'd suggest Dakotaraptor. This genus is not necessarily recognisable to the general public, but it is definitely well recognised enough by paleo-enthusiasts as a somewhat iconic genus.

In terms of mysteriousness, it is known from fairly fragmentary remains and is speculated to not be very common in its habitat. In terms of deadliness, it has a sickle claw, which would likely be useful when hunting, and it is a fairly large dromaeosaur, which would almost certainly make it a main predator in its environment.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 13, 2018, 08:28:43 PM
As far as mysterious, Suchomimus was probably at least partially aquatic, and this concealed. As a side note, Star Wars creature Boga is essentially a modern reconstruction of a dinosaur, feathers and all.

It has a sprawling stance....

Cretaceous Crab

Carnotaurus and an undetermined large dromeasaur are both already reserved for other SW characters.

I may play around with some thumbnails....

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.