News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Battat 2018

Started by DC, February 26, 2018, 03:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

Battat is releasing and extension of the original Dan La Russo figures as larger articulated figures. The Utahraptor and Ceratosaurus models have been produced.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

postsaurischian

:o WHAT!! Please show them!

Carnosaur

links or photos please?

Jose S.M.

Here's the link for the page we're I downloaded the catalog  http://www.battatco.com/our-catalog

Dilophosaurus and Utahraptor are the ones from the old series that weren't reissued before, all the theropods from the Terra series are also articulated except for Cryolophosaurus.

Simon

Quote from: DC on February 26, 2018, 03:33:38 PM
Battat is releasing and extension of the original Dan La Russo figures as larger articulated figures. The Utahraptor and Ceratosaurus models have been produced.

:o :o :o :o :o

IS IT TRUE? 

*Sigh*  Then there's no hope that the Dippy will ever be re-released ... its not in an "articulable" pose, and besides, it would be wayyyy too big ....

Oh well ... more great dinotoys toys for the kiddos, I guess!!  ;) ;) ;)

Simon

*Sigh*  Looked at the catalogue ... they're producing a half-dozen action figure toy sets loosely based on the old sculpts ... to cash in on the expected Jurassic Park bonanza ... they're OK as toys, but not the same quality of the actual figures ... with lights in their mouths (??) ... at least all of the Target dino figures will still be available ...

... like I said, some more cool toys for the kids!!!  :)) :))

Jose S.M.

The action figures reminded me of jurassic world toys actually, but with the original sculpts as "blueprint", and only the theropods were made, probably the herbivores are not getting the action figure make over anytime. Also I noted Nanshiungosaurus is not in the catalog, I guess they axed it completely.

terrorchicken

seriously, instead of giving us the rest of the unreleased figures they do...that?! they could at least have released the dilophosaurus as a regular non jointed figure. ::)

suspsy

. . . huh.

Well, it's obviously not the news we've all been wanting so dearly to hear, but it's still good news. Perhaps if these new toys sell well enough, Battat will finally release all those other ones.

Would someone care to post some screen grabs or something?
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

Here are some screenshots:

Gwangi

Kind of sad really, an obvious cash grab. I knew they would probably do something with JW:FK coming out, I had hoped they would release new sculpts. Not this though. They look like the unholy offspring of the Battat figures and the Hasbro JW toys. They even have the visible screw holes!

suspsy

Wow, that helicopter and jeep look insanely bad. Nary a drop of paint on either of them. Say what you will about Chap Mei, but their playsets and vehicles easily put these ones to utter shame. And naturally, Battat only went with theropods.

Despite my above negativity, I still maintain that this is good news overall. Although it would really suck if Battat made it so that you could only get the unreleased toys in playsets.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Lanthanotus

HOORAY for screw holes :D

I guess releasing more PVC figures is risky for them with Schleich's overlord presence and the other companies as Safari, Papa, CollectA and so on around. Articulation (with sound - and light, really?!) opens another niche to sell those figures with the upcomming JW movie. But I guess it at lthe very least means, Battat is still in business and hope cannot yet be buried that those other figures come to a later point.....

Shonisaurus

I also understand the Battat brand, there are a lot of very good adversary toy companies. They have obviously limited themselves to the more practical toy based on Jurassic Park.

Although honestly I liked more their PVC figures for what I'm going to fool myself. For now I will wait to buy those figures. They do not fall within my collection plans, even if they are as great as their PVC figures.

Anyway, it's good news.  :)

Halichoeres

So close, and yet so very very far.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

I like action figures, but I don't think this was honestly necessary. The original models are fine as they are, especially considering their history, and I have to agree that this seems like a cashgrab with the new JW movie coming out.  Although I am a bit amused at seeing the Carnotaurus figure with the red glowing eyes and mouth, just because it makes it look like a demon. A shame that the Dilophosaurus and Utahraptor do not have equivalent models in this line (yet anyways).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Oh dear - my heart leapt and then quickly sank.  Still, at least they still have some interest in the line.

Neosodon

I guess cutting up old figures and throwing in some articulated parts and screws is easier than making new ones. I've never really been into Battat much anyways though.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Takama

Sigh

They clearly dont get it do they?

We want the rest of the sculpts from the Original Boston Museum of Science line, plus the models that Dan LoRusso sculpted right before his death.

Not these Cheap looking things with screw holes, and lights.

I wonder how Dan would react to these(if he were still alive), or if his wife had any say in them.

Loon

Here are pics of the figures, reminds me of those Chinese Superhero Knock Offs with the LEDs in their chests.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.