News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Battat 2018

Started by DC, February 26, 2018, 03:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

if they release that Rex alone for 9.99 I might grab it.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 23, 2018, 05:56:27 AM

What, you don't want a giant hollow mountain, a cheap jeep, and a screaming Dimetrodon?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 24, 2018, 03:28:21 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 23, 2018, 05:56:27 AM

What, you don't want a giant hollow mountain, a cheap jeep, and a screaming Dimetrodon?

i already have those thank you, only BETTER. lol

I did buy the Dilo and Utahraptor though...

FlawedCoil82

This company's bait and switch has made me scared of supporting any other toylines in the middle of production. I now only buy figures after everything I want has already been released so I don't end up with half a collection that likely will never get finished. Lesson learned, Battat!  >:(

At any rate, I still hope that a far more competent company will eventually come along and purchase the molds from Battat and rescue them from Battat's clueless clutches.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: FlawedCoil82 on May 08, 2018, 09:44:33 AM
This company's bait and switch has made me scared of supporting any other toylines in the middle of production. I now only buy figures after everything I want has already been released so I don't end up with half a collection that likely will never get finished. Lesson learned, Battat!  >:(

At any rate, I still hope that a far more competent company will eventually come along and purchase the molds from Battat and rescue them from Battat's clueless clutches.

What do you mean by "in the middle of production"? Most companies don't put out a grand list of things they plan on releasing sometime in the future. Most simply tell you what they are already actively releasing this year, and don't hint at anything further out than that.

FlawedCoil82

By seeing the preprinted prototyps that Dan posted lead me to fully trust that since they were already releasing some of them, it was all but guaranteed that the rest would also be released. At the time I knew very little about Battat's disinterest in the line and had no reason whatsoever to fathom that there was any chance that a company would stop releasing figures before they got to some of their most sought after figures in their line (short of a nuclear apocalypse). I knew they didn't owe expensive license fees to a secondary franchise owner that would expire before the rest could come out so I was completely blindsided by this possibility. The figures always sold well at any of the Targets I had been to (and are certainly restocked much faster than their other toys). I was so excited to get the Triceratops and Styracosaurus that I started buying all the released ones in anticipation and to help in any way to show my support to assure their imminent release.

Shonisaurus

I have a song in my teeth to have almost the entire Battat collection of the beloved Dans Lorruso. I only have the dilophosaurus first version without "foot pad".

I'm glad to have bought almost all the old figures of Battat even if they are second hand, anyway it is a pity that was interrupted by law of life (death of Dans) and by abandonment of the Battat brand the figures that had projected that great paleoartist.

I could buy another brand of dinosaur toys the molds of Dans Lorruso and carry out the mass production of those masterpieces, I would be a safe buyer of their figures.

I sincerely like the dinosaur toy figures a lot but the current ones from Battat I say with all due respect to the company they are not the ones I'm passionate about, apart from that I see that people criticize a lot the current production for the quality of the material and I understand within my ignorance (since I do not have any of the figures of Battat 2018) that will have their reasons.

John

We may have gotten a glimpse of some unreleased resin prototypes from the sculptor,but I knew even then that it was never guaranteed that Battat would release them.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

FlawedCoil82

The new molds of figures I figured were more of a gamble and I didn't have much hope for them. But the rereleased figures I was fully confident would be released without issue. Even if they couldn't use Dan's paint patterns and had newly designed paint patterns. The fact that no one within the company will tell collectors with half of the proposed figures why they are not able to have access to the rest only adds to the frustration. Meijer stores carry the Terra animals but I am nearly certain that they would have carried the dinosaurs as well if they had the choice since the Schleich dinosaurs outsell the animal models so i can only assume Battat did not give them the option to carry the dinosaurs.

John

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 08, 2018, 09:03:07 PM
I have a song in my teeth to have almost the entire Battat collection of the beloved Dans Lorruso. I only have the dilophosaurus first version without "foot pad".

I'm glad to have bought almost all the old figures of Battat even if they are second hand, anyway it is a pity that was interrupted by law of life (death of Dans) and by abandonment of the Battat brand the figures that had projected that great paleoartist.

I could buy another brand of dinosaur toys the molds of Dans Lorruso and carry out the mass production of those masterpieces, I would be a safe buyer of their figures.

I sincerely like the dinosaur toy figures a lot but the current ones from Battat I say with all due respect to the company they are not the ones I'm passionate about, apart from that I see that people criticize a lot the current production for the quality of the material and I understand within my ignorance (since I do not have any of the figures of Battat 2018) that will have their reasons.
I actually get where they are coming from.To go from one of the best dinosaur lines ever to come out to flashing light up eyes and tounges instead of the unreleased prototypes or even repainted older models can be very frustrating... :P
That being said,I'm still very happy to have gotten a hold of the new models that did come out in 2014.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Digibasherx

I was able to pick up a v2 Rex and a Styracosaurus recently, and I have to say, the originals were far superior to the Terra reissues.  The material is great, the Rex stands well and the tail is in a swaying motion that makes it really dynamic.  The reissue I was able to readjust the tail with a hair dryer and cold water and it stayed straightened for over a year, the tip drooped a bit but still ok.  However, the reissue had done many a face plant off my shelf even when it's sandwiched between sauropods.

Quote from: Digibasherx on September 06, 2018, 09:14:00 PM
I was able to pick up a v2 Rex and a Styracosaurus recently, and I have to say, the originals were far superior to the Terra reissues.  The material is great, the Rex stands well and the tail is in a swaying motion that makes it really dynamic.  The reissue I was able to readjust the tail with a hair dryer and cold water and it stayed straightened for over a year, the tip drooped a bit but still ok.  However, the reissue had done many a face plant off my shelf even when it's sandwiched between sauropods.

Wait WHAT. What do you mean Styracosaurus!!?!??! I didn't think that was ever re-released!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 07, 2018, 02:14:02 PM
Quote from: Digibasherx on September 06, 2018, 09:14:00 PM

Wait WHAT. What do you mean Styracosaurus!!?!??! I didn't think that was ever re-released!

Never re-released.
Maybe he was talking about the classic Boston one.

Digibasherx

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 07, 2018, 02:17:20 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 07, 2018, 02:14:02 PM

Never re-released.
Maybe he was talking about the classic Boston one.

The 2 that I picked up were the originals, I'm just commenting on how the Terra ones pale in comparison because of the material and paints used.  The originals are much better defined because of the thin, matted paints and the rigid material made the rex stand a lot better (in my case anyway).  I was surprised on how tiny the Styraco is though, for some reason I thought it was on par with the Triceratops but that's clearly not the case.

Quote from: Digibasherx on September 07, 2018, 04:00:14 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 07, 2018, 02:17:20 PM

The 2 that I picked up were the originals, I'm just commenting on how the Terra ones pale in comparison because of the material and paints used.  The originals are much better defined because of the thin, matted paints and the rigid material made the rex stand a lot better (in my case anyway).  I was surprised on how tiny the Styraco is though, for some reason I thought it was on par with the Triceratops but that's clearly not the case.

Aww, ok. Hopes dashed!
Yeah, Styracosaurus was rather smaller than Triceratops, and the Battats are all in scale with each other.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.