News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Battat 2018

Started by DC, February 26, 2018, 03:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

this is unforgivable...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

mgaguilar

Wow, these guys have bullet-holes all over their ads! You'd think the photographer would have shown them in the opposite direction.
Anyways, I'm glad the stock images gave us fair warning as to just how terrible these things are going to be.

ceratopsian

The stock image rather worryingly offers us a "Carnotosaurus".  Hardly confidence inspiring!

Daspletotyrannus

http://www.battatco.com/collections/terra-universe/dinosaurs/cryolophosaurus

Look they quoted the Dinosaur toy blog with quite a few of the dinosaurs too. So they know about us and the website.

I would have liked the rest of Dan's dinosaurs to be released instead.  Why do the mouths have to light up? They are not Godzilla.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's cool! 

Kid's like lights :/

Fembrogon

Oh... Oh dear. Those screw holes and light-up features do not look good.  :o
As glad as I want to be about Battat releasing more dinosaurs, these certainly don't appeal to me. Hopefully they sell well enough to encourage more Terra releases, though (if that corroboration is even made).

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on February 27, 2018, 11:01:37 PM

Look they quoted the Dinosaur toy blog with quite a few of the dinosaurs too. So they know about us and the website.
Would you look at that! I wonder how much care they give otherwise, though.

tanystropheus

Any Battat completists here that are ready to snatch these up?!  >:D >:D ;)

These are so bad that they have the potential to cause the legendary Diplo to plummet in value...

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 28, 2018, 01:55:22 AM
Any Battat completists here that are ready to snatch these up?!  >:D >:D ;)

These are so bad that they have the potential to cause the legendary Diplo to plummet in value...

*Logs into eBay*

But seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing the dippy go down to about $100 like it did when the Terra re-issues were first announced.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

Wow the Jurassic park community exploded when i posted these on facebook.....Looks like good ol battat is getting a piece of the mattel/JWFK cake. I really don't understand on how these are going to sell more than pvc figures. Really i'm sure experienced collectors and hobbyists would pay a lot to get good unreleased or reissued figures. Lights in the mouth seriously!? These aren't dragons people. Sure the articulation is good in some instances if you are like me and do a lot of photography and "film making" where articulation is great to use alongside pvc figures....But the hasbro (or trashbro as they are now called) bullet holes RUINED IT. I'm glad to see the dilophosaurus and utahraptor are finally getting SOME attention...I wish they had released pvc counterparts though. Oh well...Now that we know battat is actually producing new toys maybe hopefully soon those beautiful models that were never reissued or released will finally be a thought floating in terra's head? We can only hope that this company doesn't sink down like hasbro's titanic.
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

tanystropheus

Quote from: Herbivore. on February 28, 2018, 07:13:03 AM
Wow the Jurassic park community exploded when i posted these on facebook.....Looks like good ol battat is getting a piece of the mattel/JWFK cake. I really don't understand on how these are going to sell more than pvc figures. Really i'm sure experienced collectors and hobbyists would pay a lot to get good unreleased or reissued figures. Lights in the mouth seriously!? These aren't dragons people. Sure the articulation is good in some instances if you are like me and do a lot of photography and "film making" where articulation is great to use alongside pvc figures....But the hasbro (or trashbro as they are now called) bullet holes RUINED IT. I'm glad to see the dilophosaurus and utahraptor are finally getting SOME attention...I wish they had released pvc counterparts though. Oh well...Now that we know battat is actually producing new toys maybe hopefully soon those beautiful models that were never reissued or released will finally be a thought floating in terra's head? We can only hope that this company doesn't sink down like hasbro's titanic.

These toys are awful (especially when compared to Mattel). If they flop, Battat will likely not invest further in extending their prehistoric line. They will rationalize their decision to move forward (on future products) based on sales of their current offerings. It's screwed up logic but that's how the industry operates (e.g. EA sports, Capcom, MattyCollector, Toonami, Playmates etc.)

It is a lose-lose situation. The only way to win is to encourage all collectors to buy the new line....please don't.

sauroid

if these new Battat articulated figures make a lot of money for them, they might make more articulated poor quality dinos instead of the ones we all are pining for... just saying.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: sauroid on February 28, 2018, 08:03:21 AM
if these new Battat articulated figures make a lot of money for them, they might make more articulated poor quality dinos instead of the ones we all are pining for... just saying.

Good point. Perhaps, there really isn't any winning with this one. All I wanted was the Diplo (and, perhaps the Gigantoraptor). I already have the Nanshiung and Pachy.

If these figures make a lot of money...and I mean a lot of money...Creative Beast may follow and their models will feature light up eyes and throat  :o :-[  j/k

stegosauria

I think the unreleased figures would have better chances if they were produced now not after the JW hype goes down. And just one more thought- if Battat is in possession of all of the re-issues why they used the old paintschemes on the Utahraptor and the Dilophosaurus? If they don't have them then who has?

IrritatorRaji

If they ever make an articulated Cryolophosaurus I'll be both amazed and horrified

Shonisaurus

But sincerely, the Battat line could launch a line dedicated to the collectors, like the dinosaurs that until now had done Dan's works, apart from the current line dedicated to children.

It's a shame they do not resuscitate Dan's line. Their dinosaurs were the best that was made in the toy market.

I do not lose hope that these figures may one day be commercialized by the toy company Battat.  :D

Simon

Well, I think its nice that they are offering some new dinosaur action figures as part of their toy line.  With some unique features like the light-up mouths.

It shows at least that they recognize the value of dinosaur toy lines on $ome level  ;)

Its not the release of new toy line figure we are all hoping for around here, its more of a "lateral move", but at least one that will keep dinosaur toys in their repertoire ....

... so, its a more hopeful development than more of not doing anything would be ... isn't it?

;D ;D ;D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on February 27, 2018, 11:01:37 PM

I would have liked the rest of Dan's dinosaurs to be released instead.  Why do the mouths have to light up? They are not Godzilla.

That's an honour that the blog is being quoted! Good job, Gwangi. :)

Fembrogon

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 28, 2018, 09:26:22 AM
If these figures make a lot of money...and I mean a lot of money...Creative Beast may follow and their models will feature light up eyes and throat  :o :-[  j/k
THAT, I wouldn't bet on. Even if these do become highly successful, David Silva is aiming for something very different with his figures. I don't think one will have any effect on the other.

Shonisaurus

The truth is that it is a good sign on the part of Battat that figures of Dans Lorusso have been resurrected in figures of toy dinosaurs for the "little ones". Honestly, it's not a bad start.  ^-^

I have hopes that their collectible figures will be relaunched with time.  :)

Paleodude

I think had this been something like a Terra Jr. line or a something along those lines I would've been alright with it but the fact that they're seemingly abandoning the market for the already overflowing cheap dinosaur toy market seems like a poor step. Perhaps the strangest feature in my eyes are the light features which don't seem to really provide any meaningful play option for kids. At the very least I'm glad we got the reissues and new figures in the first place.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.