News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favorite New for 2018

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 09, 2018, 10:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

New for 2018: Ancient Fish (Available)

http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/77716.html

http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/77717.html

Red Arowana

Cuban Gar

SidB

These are stunning. Again, with Favorite, one can expect high production values. I can see many people getting interested in this subset of the paleontological collecting hobby because of such sculpts.

sauroid

they are beautiful. i wonder how big they are...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Sim

Quote from: SidB on March 09, 2018, 12:22:44 PM
I can see many people getting interested in this subset of the paleontological collecting hobby because of such sculpts.

I think these are extant species, their names appear to be provided in the links in the first post.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

..other figures from the same line (Ancient Fish) are from 2016..

http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/1043521/list.html

:)

Flaffy

Really fabulous Cuban Gar, definitely going to pick this puppy up  ;D

stargatedalek

Sadly no 1:1 vinyl Arowana, but still going to need to track it down.

sauroid

ifever any Japanese brand would make a 1:1 Arowana it would cost bet 250-300 US dollars but that would be an awesome looking figure

Shonisaurus

These fish do not cease to be prehistoric animals so it is not surprising that they are added in the thread of Favorite 2018. They are beautiful figures, in the making of fish Favorite is one of the best toy companies in the world.  8)

Although honestly I'm not going to buy these figures, they are very beautiful but fortunately there are among us at the most I order the coelacanth in my case.

mgaguilar

Absolutely gorgeous. This does not help my wallet that I am also an aquarist. Definitely picking up the Arowana. May have to wait for the gar.

This is a zoom of my current aquarium: 108 gallon, Trench-themed, Denison's Barbs, and SAE photobomb.

Always wanted to be a Monster Fish keeper.

Jose S.M.

Cool fishes, just by that zoomed photo I can see your whole tank is great looking. I love fishes and I can wait to move to my own place to have a big aquarium, I've been saving for that for two years now. Right now I only have a Betta  :))
Favorite fishes are beautiful in general and arowanas are some of my favorite fish.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 09, 2018, 06:20:12 PM
Cool fishes, just by that zoomed photo I can see your whole tank is great looking. I love fishes and I can wait to move to my own place to have a big aquarium, I've been saving for that for two years now. Right now I only have a Betta  :))
Favorite fishes are beautiful in general and arowanas are some of my favorite fish.

Thanks Jose! I'll have to start a topic showcasing my figures sometime, and maybe drop in an FTS of my aquarium.
Aro's are some of my favorites too! I didn't know they carried Endli's, so I might have to pick one up! I use to keep Polypterus senegalensis and ornatipinnis so that one in particular hits close to home.

Reptilia

Is Favorite making any new prehistoric soft model this year? Those fishes are pretty cool by the way.

sauroid

i am a "monster" fish keeper myself, and i have a soft spot for those Japanese figures. (Sbell i think is also a tank buster keeper)

*speaking of tank busters, my 24" Osphronemus broke his 200 gallon tank and luckily i was home to tranfer him (and a couple of other tank mates) to the pool immediately. :( *

mgaguilar

Quote from: sauroid on March 10, 2018, 06:58:15 AM
i am a "monster" fish keeper myself, and i have a soft spot for those Japanese figures. (Sbell i think is also a tank buster keeper)

*speaking of tank busters, my 24" Osphronemus broke his 200 gallon tank and luckily i was home to tranfer him (and a couple of other tank mates) to the pool immediately. :( *

Good to see more aquarists! Not to get too off-topic, but I'd love to see your setup.  :))
Emergencies like that are currently why I have yet to invest. That and the massive blackhole that would consume my wallet. Glad to hear they survived!

Reptilia

Quote from: sauroid on March 10, 2018, 06:58:15 AM

Luckily you have a pool!

RobinGoodfellow

..no new dino-figures  by now but a mini skulls set:

http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/193776/193949/list.html

Reptilia

No new dinosaurs would be a shame, last year's Archaeopteryx is a great figure. Swimming Spinosaurus isn't bad either.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.