News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Does the CollectA 2018 Iguanodon have 3D printing lines?

Started by Sim, December 17, 2021, 07:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I'm considering getting the CollectA 2018 Iguanodon, it looks great.  But while watching video reviews by avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, avatar_SpinoDude @SpinoDude and avatar_TheRealBionicleSaurus @TheRealBionicleSaurus, I noticed that it appears to have 3D print lines on the back of its head on the left side.  I would like to know from people who have this model if it really does have these lines in its sculpts, or if the lines seen in the videos are due to something else like maybe how the paint was applied?

What I'm talking about can be seen in the video below at 1:55:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H57scZI2Ce4

And in the video below at 4:45:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3kbmbEGtIE

John

I can see what you mean by the 3D print lines in the samples seen in the videos.But I have that model and my copy does not have those print lines at all.Maybe I just got lucky.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Sim

Thanks for your reply avatar_John @John.  It's good to know not all copies of the CollectA Iguanodon have those lines.  I seem to have got lucky with the Safari 2019 Allosaurus and PNSO Allosaurus as both have the largest hand claw on their first finger.  I'm hoping I'll get lucky with this Iguanodon too, I'm planning to order it after Christmas and I hope it won't have those lines.

Shonisaurus

I recommend that you buy this figure, the Collecta iguanodon will impress you favorably, it is an extraordinarily good figure.

Sim

Thanks Shonisaurus!  I bought the CollectA 2018 Iguanodon and I'm happy to say it doesn't have the lines I mentioned earlier.  It's a great figure.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.