News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favorite New for 2018

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 09, 2018, 10:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

..no new dinosaurs by now.. who knows in the next future (or next months)..  ;)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on March 10, 2018, 02:26:57 PM
No new dinosaurs would be a shame, last year's Archaeopteryx is a great figure. Swimming Spinosaurus isn't bad either.

The Japanese companies of toy animals stand out for being companies whose figures are marketed for educational purposes, I'm not a fan of skulls but it must be recognized that Favorite has done a great job.

Apart from the spinosaurus and archeopteryx there were five sets of prehistoric fighters, most of them dinosaurs in PVC format that were very good. They are pretty good miniatures, we do not have to forget as I say the sets of spinosaurus vs sarcosuchus, protoceratops vs velociraptor, tyrannosaurus vs triceratops, stegosaurus corpse devoured by an allosaurus and the combat between two pteranodon by a fish. They were beautiful figures.

Perhaps this year Favorite has left parked for now the realization of prehistoric animals but their fish do not stop being great, as I say they are prehistoric but fortunately they are not extinct.  :)

Halichoeres

The skulls are interesting, lots of overlap with the Safari Toob. Might pick up a few of them. Hopefully we get more Prehistoric Life miniatures to go along with the Cambrian set. Maybe a Permian set, a Devonian set, a Cretaceous Seaway set?

@mgaguilar: Nice tank! I'm a fish biologist but I move too often to keep anything, so I have to live vicariously through others' setups.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

New models. Exclusive to YET ANOTHER. Special Museum event ::)

Neovenator

Baryonyx

Shonisaurus

What beautiful figures I'm sure I'm going to order Brett in advance.

MLMjp

That's it.

I'm going to Japan to anihilate and torture whoever thought that figures for new dinosaur species should always be exclusives and that Favorite should keep re-making and repainting the same species over and over again for the regular market.

Who wants to join me? >:D

Jose S.M.

Oh and I was almost done with dealing with Japan exclusives. Last time I told myself I would stop because customs from Asia are a pain in my country but these ones... I want them.

Nimravus

Nice! The Neovenator looks good and the Baryonyx as well. I would like to see in advance the Mojo one to compare! I was fully sure I would get it, but now with the new Favorite figurine I will have to think about it. ??? Does anyone know the scale?

Shonisaurus

The neovenator looks great even with those striking colors but at the same time elegant.

And the baryonyx is another great figure I encourage myself to buy these figures from Brett along with Favorite's old Soft Model fish.

ceratopsian

I do rather like them - let's hope Brett can source them!  Beautiful colour scheme on the Neovenator. Elegant Baryonyx too.

brettnj

I'm e-mailing my source now.  Depending upon the location of the exhibit we might have to hire a buying agent again, but with all of the orders expected, I assume it will not be a problem despite the $100 cost of doing so. In about half an hour I have orders for ten each.

Will update both here and via my mailing list as soon as I know more.

If anyone is interested who has not bought from me before, it will help everyone who does buy from me if you do, since we'll divide up that cost among more people.  If you might consider it, please PM me with your e-mail address and I'll follow with a paste detailing how we work.

Thanks.
Brett

tyrantqueen

Maybe it's just me but the Bary actually looks reasonably well nourished for once (although there is still some shrink wrapping around the skull). I like Araki's sculpts a lot but his dinosaurs are so skinny. Good work.

brettnj

Also, as a buyer just requested several figures, we are placing an order from the Favorite site.

http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/193776/883817/list.html

If anyone is interested in anything there, please let me know ASAP so it can be included and gain minimal or free shipping to my source in Japan.

I have the five mini pairs noted above, as well as the five large battling pairs from 2016, in my own inventory here in the US for sale. And a Favorite black ankylosaurus.

But there was some situation which I can't recall about the skulls that meant we couldn't buy them.  I asked my source for a reminder of what that was and will update when I hear from her.

Thanks.
Brett

Roselaar

Wow, those two new dinosaurs aer amazing! I love the look and colour on these gems! I shied away from Favorite for a while, but I definitely need these.

Baryonyx figures have always received a fair amount of criticism for not being very accurate. How well does this Favorite figure hold op to the real thing (as far as we know)?

PhilSauria

Definitely following up on these, long time admirer of Araki sculpts - I like the naturalistic style he achieves, despite the odd shrink-wrap look early on. I'm in.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on July 30, 2018, 10:37:50 PM
Baryonyx figures have always received a fair amount of criticism for not being very accurate. How well does this Favorite figure hold op to the real thing (as far as we know)?

I think this Baryonyx is probably the most accurate to date. I'd been considering getting the Mojo, but I think this one makes it superfluous for my particular collection.

The Baryonyx has the standard Araki Soft Model color scheme of two or three shades of the same basic hue, but the sculpt is really great. I love the color scheme on the Neovenator, though. Something about it, just...[chef kiss]

Anyway, as usual with the museum exclusives, there was absolutely no mention of these on Favorite's FB page. Just when I was starting to give up hope on them for 2018. Dare I dream of a new set of Prehistoric Life mini models?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suchomimus

To anyone interested, here's the link for the exhibition. There's a youtube promotional vid in the link too.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mEwHNztsm78

Flaffy

Good old Favourite, releasing all the interesting stuff as museum exclusives...  ::)
The Neovenator is a welcoming sight. Replaces the old CollectA ones
Was originally planning to pick up the Mojo Bary, but I'm definitely going for the Favourite one instead

Awesome figures, hope I can get my hands on them.

tanystropheus

As I've stated countless times, Favorite lacks confidence in the strength of their products/branding. They are too embarrassed to give their models the limelight. The West will continue to get the usual: Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Triceratops, T-rex etc.

I really like the latest additions. Gorgeous paint jobs and reasonable proportions.

Favorite Baryonyx > Mattel Baryonyx > Mojo Baryonyx > Papo Baryonyx > Safari Baryonyx  > CollectaA Baryonyx = Recur Baryonyx

Shonisaurus

Favorite's baryonyx is much more finished than that of other toy dinosaur companies. It will make a beautiful pair with that of Mojo.

The neovenator is another awesome figure on Favorite's part. I do not know which of the two figures to stay with. Both are impressive figures.

For two years I have been a Favorite dinosaur addict and if my economy allows it, I will be with the time of the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Kaiyodo.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.