News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Sticky-saurs...

Started by Seijun, March 23, 2018, 02:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

So at some point I noticed that the arms of my trex now have a sticky feeling to them. I have noticed this before with the more rubbery parts of very old toys. One of my old tsukudas is also very sticky. Has anyone else experienced this with their figures? Anyone tried to clean it off?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

mgaguilar

Degradation of cheaper plastics unfortunately. It doesn't help if they've been in mild-extreme heat.

My Spinosaurus on top of my souvenir cup is sticky as...well... you know the issue. I live in the desert.

CityRaptor

Not only cheaper plastics. There is also a general thread ( well several ) for this issue in the Dinosaur Toys General section. Not sure why that has not been made a sticky thread yet.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 23, 2018, 11:52:56 AM
Not sure why that has not been made a sticky thread yet.

Quite properly.

Tylosaurus

Do keep in mind Dino-Riders was a toy release from 1987 to 1990  and since they used many hardened rubber parts this may also be why they get sticky over time.
Sun exposure can also worsen such cases and moisture levels in your living room etc.

I also have my DR collection displayed in my hallway where no sunlight can breach them.

Other than that dunno why this thread was posted here in the Dino Riders section hah, must of been an accident hehe

DinoToyForum

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 23, 2018, 11:52:56 AM
Not only cheaper plastics. There is also a general thread ( well several ) for this issue in the Dinosaur Toys General section. Not sure why that has not been made a sticky thread yet.

If someone bumps it (them) I can merge and sticky it.  C:-)

CityRaptor

Just did it.

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=860.msg198571;topicseen#new

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on March 25, 2018, 05:21:51 PM
Do keep in mind Dino-Riders was a toy release from 1987 to 1990  and since they used many hardened rubber parts this may also be why they get sticky over time.

Likely. The horns of my Torosaurus also feel slightly sticky.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.