News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION

Started by dragon53, March 30, 2018, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

Steven Spielberg confirmed that Colin Trevorrow is returning for the next JURASSIC WORLD sequel, "Colin Trevorrow is going write and direct the third JURASSIC WORLD story."
Spielberg and Trevorrow are the executive producers.

Loon

Flaffy

Eh. I'll reserve judgement until after I've seen Fallen Kingdom.
It's very likely that my favourite scenes in the FK will be the suspenseful ones JA Bayona had an influence over.

Reptilia

It should be fine as long as they don't set it again on Sorna.

suspsy

Given how bad Jurassic World was, and given that Trevorrow was unceremoniously fired from directing Star Wars IX, I am not the least bit encouraged by this news.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Faelrin

I'm not excited for this at all either since Jurassic World could have been so much better in many ways. I'm only really looking forward to Fallen Kingdom because of this different director that has a reputation for directing horror (well from what I've read, but I haven't watched any of his prior films to know. The trailers interest me however).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CityRaptor

I wonder if he still does decisions based upon things his son says when watching Star Wars. No, seriously, that is why there is no Stegoceratops in JW.
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/secrets-jurassic-world/
Of course that part would no longer be a problem due to Luke Skywalker biting the dust. And sadly also Fisher passing away in real life. Besides, was Leia ever a Jedi?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 30, 2018, 11:11:36 PM
I wonder if he still does decisions based upon things his son says when watching Star Wars. No, seriously, that is why there is no Stegoceratops in JW.
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/secrets-jurassic-world/
Of course that part would no longer be a problem due to Luke Skywalker biting the dust. And sadly also Fisher passing away in real life. Besides, was Leia ever a Jedi?
Leia was never a formal jedi, I believe. She did show she had some force capabilities to be sure, but I believe she was just "strong with the force" and hadn't received much training.

DinoToyForum

There's a separate star wars thread where you can take that conversation. Please stay on topic.  C:-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

JW was very successful , bringing the same director back should be fine.   Anyone else notice that's an original JP Raptor with him?

Reptilia

Isn't it too greenish to be an original JP raptor? I guess that Blue will die in FK, so might be just a generic one or a hint to an entirely new breed to come.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Could be the lighting, I'me going by the look and eye color.  Also considering it JW-upped. 

I highly doubt Blue dies she's almost as big a character as Rexy or Owen and Claire.   We do know the Raptors were breeding on Nublar back when Grant and the kids found that nest.  Either they missed some ( we've seen a green raptor toy already ) moved the ones from Sorna to Nublar for some odd reason, or lastly, there might be Raptors at Lockwood's place where all the other dinos are going.

Another point of  interest, Trevorrow said back when JW came out the plan was always make JW a trilogy,  and it would explore other possible aspects of the name "Jurassic World ".

Reptilia

Fair guesses regarding the raptor's ID, so that picture must be something FK related. I assumed it was a generic new one for Trevorrow's comeback to the direction of the third chapter, but I forgot that he's also involved in FK with some role, producer maybe? I still bet on Blue's death, she'll sacrifice her life to save Owen from the Indoraptor.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Could be her new mate too..  She would be much effective fighting the Indoraptor(s?) as a pack leader. 

Snagged this from Wiki "  In 2017, Trevorrow announced that the original T. rex from the first film and Jurassic World will be once again returning for this film,[60] while a leak stated that the sequel would center around Blue, the last surviving raptor from Jurassic World, and Owen stopping her from being used for violence.[61][62] "   

There are also some quotes on there about where film 3 is headed, release date 2021. 

Flaffy

Cretaceous Crab

I have no proof to back this up, but I firmly believe "Rexy" will die in JW:FK. She's past her prime for average rex longevity (25+ yrs) and I suspect it will be at the hands of humans or old age catching up with her.

I have also wondered what role the mosasaur will play in JW:FK. I mused that perhaps the film begins with her "breaching" out of her tank, & roll into the sea after 3 years of picking off the occasional unlucky pterasaur or dino that gets too close to her habitat. Either that or the DPG finds her already dead floating in the tank from starvation. I mean, how else can they rescue this 50+ ft reptile out of the tank safely and where do they put her? Did they make a deal with SeaWorld?

For all the inaccuracies and random plot holes, I still look forward to June 2018 and will continue to watch & own every film in the franchise.

Reptilia

Quote from: LeviRawl on March 31, 2018, 03:21:32 PM
For all the inaccuracies and random plot holes, I still look forward to June 2018 and will continue to watch & own every film in the franchise.

That's basically what everyone here does, but despite that the favourite sport on DTF is bashing up the franchise. Weird.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on March 31, 2018, 08:34:54 AM
eeeek spoilers

no real spoilers just theories based on what we've seen thus far.

I have no proof to back this up, but I firmly believe "Rexy" will die in JW:FK. She's past her prime for average rex longevity (25+ yrs) and I suspect it will be at the hands of humans or old age catching up with her.

I have also wondered what role the mosasaur will play in JW:FK. I mused that perhaps the film begins with her "breaching" out of her tank, & roll into the sea after 3 years of picking off the occasional unlucky pterasaur or dino that gets too close to her habitat. Either that or the DPG finds her already dead floating in the tank from starvation. I mean, how else can they rescue this 50+ ft reptile out of the tank safely and where do they put her? Did they make a deal with SeaWorld?

Maybe. Though it would be a giant blow to the fans to have her survive the Indominus Rex , be saved from the burning island only to perish.  It might happen in JW3 but there will have to be a Rex to replace her.  You don''t get sales killing off the most famous dinosaur of all. 

All that's been mentioned of the Mosa :

DPG site says she is "missing"

There is a toy set including a Mosasaur/sub and Indominus skeleton ( no clear pics yet )

She is on a lot of branded merch, one shows her leaping up to attack a helicopter

It's said her pen connects to the sea to allow fresh seawater to get into her pen, so I bet she just escapes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Reptilia on March 31, 2018, 03:35:17 PM

That's basically what everyone here does, but despite that the favourite sport on DTF is bashing up the franchise. Weird.

Everyone has an opinion.   I just enjoy discussing it and ignore the negativity. lol

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 31, 2018, 03:38:38 PM
Maybe. Though it would be a giant blow to the fans to have her survive the Indominus Rex , be saved from the burning island only to perish.  It might happen in JW3 but there will have to be a Rex to replace her.  You don''t get sales killing off the most famous dinosaur of all. 

Well, I know the central theme of this film is relating the dinosaurs to existing & real animal neglect & welfare issues today. I agree that losing Rexy would be devastating....but maybe that would the point. i.e. dinosaurs are animals, not indestructible monsters. They get injured and sick and old just like everything else on this planet.

Just think of all the instances a particular famous animal in a zoo somewhere dies or gets killed, and the following media coverage & public response to it.

I work as an animal control officer (when I'm not playing with dinosaurs), and as I wait for the release of this film, I often muse on the real issues that would plague dinosaurs in today's society. For example, I'm certain that "dinosaur fighting" would become a thing, as dog-fighting and cock-fighting.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.