News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Possibility to Toggle Night Mode?

Started by mgaguilar, March 31, 2018, 09:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

Hello! This might not belong here, and it also may already be a functionality of the website, but...

I was wondering if there was a possibility of inverting text and background colors of the forum?
Something similar to a "night mode," such as those on Twitter and Youtube.

It helps soothe straining of the eyes when reading posts, and is overall a more pleasing experience to view text-heavy websites.
I already switched my Reddit, Youtube, Twitter, and other sites to Night Mode, and it makes a significant impact to browsing experience.

It looks something like...

DinoToyForum

Such functionality is not built in to the forum software. There might be a custom modification I could install. If anyone knows, let me know and I could give it a try.

tyrantqueen

mgaguilar, do you know of f.lux?

https://justgetflux.com/

It's not a 100% appropriate solution to the problem, but it is useful to reduce nighttime glare. I suffer with dry eyes and I find f.lux helpful.

IrritatorRaji

Maybe get a browser extension? I know one called "Stylish" that allows you to create night-mode websites

mgaguilar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 01, 2018, 01:15:33 PM
mgaguilar, do you know of f.lux?

https://justgetflux.com/

It's not a 100% appropriate solution to the problem, but it is useful to reduce nighttime glare. I suffer with dry eyes and I find f.lux helpful.

Thank you for the suggestion. I've had it installed for years and run it 24-hours. Being in architecture means that I stare at my laptop for a few days at a time sometimes.  :))

@IrritatorRaji, I'll check it out. I've heard there are one's that you can turn on for specific websites. That would be perfect.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.