Author Topic: Mini Minmi's dinosaur cartoons  (Read 501 times)

Mini Minmi

• View Profile
Mini Minmi's dinosaur cartoons
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:57:57 PM »
I've been wanting to get back into drawing and since I've recently gotten excited all over again with dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures, I thought it would be good for me to learn to draw dinosaurs (I never got the hang of it).

I thought you might enjoy some of my practice sketches so here they are.
Please forgive the mobile pictures of my sketchbook, I currently do not have access to my scanner.

First off, a baby triceratops with mama. I got a bit confused over the toes, I need to research these more.

Next, well I like having the tv running in the background when I draw and I was listening to dinosaur documentaries on youtube and found myself watching "clash of the dinosaurs" and so I couldn't help myself I had to draw this angry sauroposeidon.

That's it for now, I am not satisfied enough with the rest to share it. But I'll keep practicing!

Lanthanotus

• Reviewer
  • Silurian survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Minmi's dinosaur cartoons
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 10:32:04 PM »
Nice sketches, Mini Minmi, ... wouldn't worry too much about the accuracy on those toes, after all, it's cartoon dinosaurs (and they nevertheless look more accurate than a lot of depictions in those numerous science books for children,... and speaking of it, you hit the nail on the head with that butt brain, I am so tired of reading/hearing that all over) :D