News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nimravus Collection

Started by Nimravus, April 10, 2018, 08:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Wonderful new acquisitions and a great display! By the Way I like Stuttgart very much, I was there visiting friends in Leinfelden-Echterdingen.

Shonisaurus

The Vitae sinoceratops of course I affirm that it is a luxury figure (being of resin the normal thing is that it is).

On the other hand the dilophosaurus of i-Toy does not have to envy other brands of toys that currently exist in the market. It's fabulous.

As I have already mentioned in recent acquisitions, I congratulate you again on Nimravus.  :)

Nimravus

So, back to business. Let's start with Deccenotherium, the giraffid found in Cerro de los Batallones. It has been sculpted by Jesus Toledo, and as far I know, it is only available in the Museum's shop in Alcalá de Henares (Madrid).

A detail of the head

The base is removable and it comes with a description card, as usual with Jetoar's pieces.
I totally recommend the temporary exhibition in Alcalá de Henares Museo arquelogico regional. It is small but very interesting, and shows the great discoveries of cenozoic mammals carried out in Torrejon de Velasco (Cerro de los Batallones).
Hope you enjoyed.

Halichoeres

That's a really cool piece. I love it when museums offer figures showcasing fauna of their region. Even better when it's one of our forum members designed it!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nimravus

Continuing with my new recent Bullyland acquisitions, the Procynosuchus, a discontinued figurine initially sold in the Korbach museum.

And now the Parathypothorax, the only aetosaurid it has been sculpted, as far as I know, discontinued as well.

The eyes look a bit goofy though!

I really like these obscure species reproduced by Bullyland a while ago. They are worth the effort of looking for them!
Enjoy.

Halichoeres

Re: the Paratypothorax, there are at least two versions of Desmatosuchus (Schleich and Cog Ltd), possibly more. But you're right there aren't many.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

Unfortunately the Paleozoic fauna and reptiles that are not Triassic dinosaurs are less represented than the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of the Mesozoic in general terms.

Mammalian reptiles for example is a genre still very little represented in the toy market.

Mononykus

There is also a Desmatosuchus in the now discontinued Safari Ancient Crocodile toob. But the COG one is probably the best.

Nimravus

Hi guys, today I will post my small collection of the Beasts of the Mesozoic created by David Silva. I must admit that I like them a lot, but I could afford to buy only a couple. I will probably buy some more in the future, but I have other preferences right now. The species I decided to go for are Acheroraptor and Pyroraptor (Fan's choice).
So there you go, Acheroraptor first of all

And the Pyroraptor FC

With its angry face ;), thinking about the following prey

Thanks to EverythingDinosaur for the good organisation and quick delivery ;D
Hopefully you have enjoyed.

Libraraptor

Yeah the Procynosuchus figure brings back a lot of memories!  I am happy that it is still being appreciated so much!

Nimravus

Wonderful Papo´s Quetzalcoatlus!

The figure is extremely detailed. According to my rough measures, I would say it is in 1/20 scale, what means that it is huge! :o

The CollectA´s Brontosaurus is a nice piece as well, with a skin texture very detailed. Fully recommended because of its price/quality ratio!

Roselaar

Wow, that Quetz looks gorgeous! And big too, am I right?

Nimravus

Quote from: Roselaar on August 05, 2018, 08:35:52 PM
Wow, that Quetz looks gorgeous! And big too, am I right?
Yeah it is very big, I would say it is 1:20 roughly.

Nimravus

Hey guys,

the following chapter of my collection is with the Invicta Dinosaurs. Everyone knows this brand, so I won´t explain when the dinosaurs were issued and when it was discontinued. Some of them look old fashioned, but generally speaking, I love them all. Unfortunately I don´t have all of them, I am still missing the Dimetrodon, Stenonychosaurus and Lambeosaurus  :( No worries, a bit of patience to complete the collection. ;)

Let's start with the a photo of my whole collection

Then a group photo of the sauropods, I would highlight the Mamenchisaurus as a figurine to be collected.

Within this group we find the Brachisaurus

The Mamenchisaurus

The Diplodocus

The Apatosaurus, at that time called as Brontosaurus

And finally the Cetiosaurus, there are not too many out there yet

The following group photo is belonging to their marine animals, I don´t really understand why they issued with their prehistoric reptiles a blue whale :o

First of all, the pliosaur

Then an Ichthyosaur

A plesiosaur

And finally the blue whale

The following group photo is the one corresponding to the herbivores

The stegosaurs, one painted and another one with its plain colours

The painted ones are much better than I thought. Totally recommendable

The Iguanodon in yellow

The Muttaburrasaurus

The Trike

And the Scelidosaurus, pretty much lizard-like

The following group photo belongs to the Carnivores,

First of all, the Baryonyx, which I still consider one of the bests out there (without considering the new Favorite piece to be issued in the near future)

The Megalosaurus, of which there are scarce figures as well.

And what would a collection be without a Tyrannosaurus Rex?

The final group photo is the one for their prehistoric mammals

The Glyptodon

and the woolly Mammoth

And finally, the Pteranodon

That was for today, I hope you enjoyed.

Halichoeres

Nice assortment of Invictas, so ahead of their time that even now some are unsurpassed.

Nimravus

Hey,
next chapter of my collection is the new Beasts of the Mesozoic I have bought from Everything Dinosaur. Perfect service and very quick delivery as usual.

This is the new duel it is happening at home, Saurornitholestes against Balaur  ???

Some photos of the Saurornitholestes langstoni alone

And a close-up

The Balaur bondoc, is very nice as well, although I had initially some problems with the jaw

And the final detail of the finishes on the head

In addition to that, I had taken some pictures of a couple of Rebor I bought last year:
The Utahraptor

And the Ceratosaurus

The head detail

Hope you have enjoyed.
I will move temporarily to the States in the following weeks, so I will leave it here and hopefully I will post some additional american acquisitions from there.
Cheers

PhilSauria

That would have to be the gnarliest version of Ceratosaurus (and I don't mean in the Surfer Dude way), compared the the robust Collecta figure this one would seem to have had a tough life! Like em both but I think my fave would be the I-Toy. Great photos.

Nimravus

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 22, 2018, 11:06:47 PM
That would have to be the gnarliest version of Ceratosaurus (and I don't mean in the Surfer Dude way), compared the the robust Collecta figure this one would seem to have had a tough life! Like em both but I think my fave would be the I-Toy. Great photos.
Ha ha you are pretty right, I like it though. The Collecta's one is a nice figurine in terms of shape, but the colours they have chosen are disgusting, especially the head. I am very doubtful of buying it just because of the colours.

Nimravus

Hey guys, as promised, I have taken a few pictures at the Vitae gang.

Going into detail, you already met the Sinoceratops, so I will continue with the fantastic Giganotosaurus:

A detail of the head, and its devilish eyes! For me it is absolutely worth buying. I got it from Modellpferdversand, and I love it.

The Majungasaurus, a resin piece like the Sinroceratops.

I think it is a bit expensive for the quality provided, especially some details around the neck, where the jaw is inserted.

I bought it directly from Aliexpress, since it is not a common species produced.

The Sinraptor, again a piece worth buying for me. Not expensive at all. I got it from Aliexpress without any issues, not even customs.

And a final detail of the head. Eyes are not very well achieved, and my figure has some stability problems, that is why I used the Majungsaraus base.

And finally, the Chilantaisaurus, again from Aliexpress, sent within the same haul.

This ones is really nice, it has some minor stability issues, but nothing important. I like the blue stripes, although they would be very unlikely in the wild, but anyway.

Hope you enjoyed. 8)

Shonisaurus

What a beautiful collection you have Nimravus. IToy dilophosaurus and Vitae sinoceratops look spectacular.

On the other hand the shelves where you have placed your purchases are clean and tidy. Honestly, they are practical and very beautiful shelves. I congratulate you for the good taste in ordering your figures and for the choice of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals. From my point of view the best of the range of toys and resin models like the sinoceratops.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: