News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dragonrider02's DinoArt

Started by DragonRider02, May 04, 2018, 04:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonRider02

I loved drawing dinos since I was 4 years old So I though I may share some of my dinosaur drawings/paintings with you!

Dakotaraptor
archaeopteryx
nanuqsaurus
hatzegopteryx

I often sacrifice accuracy for overall artistic apperence.
I also take dinosaur commissions at DA:  http://fav.me/dbmhxm7
more of my dinoart: https://dragonrider02.deviantart.com/gallery/52536757/Dinosaurs?offset=0
Oh, and if you like my art you can always support me! https://ko-fi.com/I3I2CXCQ

Jose S.M.

I love the colors on the Hatzegopterix!

Mini Minmi

That nanuqsaurus is so adorable all happy in the snow.
I like your choice of colors. It makes your style unique and blends well with your medium (aquarelle? Or maybe inks?).

DragonRider02

Quote from: Mini Minmi on May 04, 2018, 10:13:44 PM
That nanuqsaurus is so adorable all happy in the snow.
I like your choice of colors. It makes your style unique and blends well with your medium (aquarelle? Or maybe inks?).
Thanks! I mostly use watercolors or color pencils or Promarkers.

The Atroxious

I can't see any of the pictures in your gallery. They look like they've all been archived.

Anyway, these are gorgeous. Your use of color is impressive. It's really nice to see stylized, but not straight up goofy dinosaur art. Very often either you see meticulously measured paleoart, or you see cutesy or outdated reconstructions in the more stylized work. This is the type of work I like to see more of.

DragonRider02

Quote from: The Atroxious on May 05, 2018, 12:57:24 AM
I can't see any of the pictures in your gallery. They look like they've all been archived.

Anyway, these are gorgeous. Your use of color is impressive. It's really nice to see stylized, but not straight up goofy dinosaur art. Very often either you see meticulously measured paleoart, or you see cutesy or outdated reconstructions in the more stylized work. This is the type of work I like to see more of.
You must have DA account to see my things. And thanks!

DragonRider02

marker sketch of a Dimorphodon

DragonRider02

Mr. Longiceps invited all his fine pterosaur friends for a tea party. (maybe except Pterodaustro, becouse he always tries to filter tea with his beak)

MLMjp

LOVE that Pterosaurs tea party.

It seems that miss ammoni, miss mesembrinus and miss northropi enjoy mr longiceps tales. But mr weii seems to be more interested in one of the taller misses.

DragonRider02

Lanthanotus

You're very skilled ..... that tea party image is really nice and I'd love to have such a teapot :)

PhilSauria

Great work - prehistoric animals inspire in so many ways! And, yes that teapot is a missed opportunity for makers of such utensils! - I would buy one in a flash, and probably actually use it, being a tea drinker and not a coffee consumer. Feathered Dinosaurs certainly provide the opportunity for these animals to be depicted as much more colourful than they ever were in the old-school books, and you have really run with that.

DragonRider02

Tupandactylus Watercolor

Jungle Carnotaurus. It was real pain to get shape of his skull more-or-less right!

Jose S.M.

Beautiful job, I think you are very skilled in the use of color, there are not very often used colors in your art but they look so pleasing.

DragonRider02

BATHTIME SPINOSAURUS! ;D

IrritatorRaji

That's both adorable and hilarious
I love the colours you went with on the Spino :D

ITdactyl

Okaaaaayyyy... Spinosaurus, what's with that look? :D

Also, where can I buy a rubber pteri?

Halichoeres

I love the little details like the raptor claw-foot tub and the aforementioned rubber pterosaur.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DragonRider02

Watercolor Deinonychus. Or some other fluffy raptor. His name is Potato.

Patrx

That is one dazzling potato!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.