News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Poll - how do you visit The Dinosaur Toy Forum?

Started by DinoToyForum, February 09, 2013, 11:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you view the DTF?

Mostly on a standard computer screen.
61 (60.4%)
Mostly on a mobile device (phone/tablet etc).
22 (21.8%)
About 50/50 mobile device/standard screen.
10 (9.9%)
Mostly through the mists of a bubbling cauldron.
8 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

DinoToyForum

I should also note that I've changed how I visit the forum since I voted. I used to be 100% laptop. Now I'm more like 70% laptop, 29% iPad, 1% phone. So, I'm still mostly using a standard computer screen, but not quite as mostly as before.  :))

IrritatorRaji

For me it's, like, 30% desktop, 70% phone. I use my phone when I'm on the go and I like to check the DTB while I'm out (like when I'm using transport, waiting for something or walking by myself) but I also have a glance at the forum on my phone before I go to bed.

SidB

No more "Double, double, toil and trouble"?

Tylosaurus

Via one of my three Dual Opteron Workstations, otherwise my laptop if on the go :)
So 90% on my workstations and 10% on the laptop.

And I may be one of very few that does not have or use a smartphone, still rocking on my 2002 Nokia 6310i :)

ceratopsian

My way of visiting the Forum has changed significantly over the last year or so.   Just over a year ago I acquired a smartphone.  I now visit the Forum on my phone regularly - when I'm on public transport, in cafes, when I'm on holiday/out of the country, lunchtime at work, evenings when I'm in the sitting room with family rather than in the study (where the desktop lives).  But I would only make a short post on my phone because it's too fiddly.  And if I see a new post where the photos are important, I would read it properly on the desktop later.  I guess my frequency of checking posts has also changed.  I am now "little and often", whereas when I was using only the desktop I would check less regularly.  But overall the amount of time spent on the Forum is probably unchanged.

Libraraptor

Like with ceratopsian , my kind of access to the DTF has changed dramatically.  While I used to go here 100 percent on a real PC screen for my first nine or so years,  I nowadays come here via smartphone at least 80 percent.  Unfortunately this leads to shorter posts and shorter visits over the whole day. 

SBell

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 27, 2018, 11:51:47 AM
Like with ceratopsian , my kind of access to the DTF has changed dramatically.  While I used to go here 100 percent on a real PC screen for my first nine or so years,  I nowadays come here via smartphone at least 80 percent.  Unfortunately this leads to shorter posts and shorter visits over the whole day.

I too have changed more to mobile...and it definitely affects my engagement. On top of the time I have to devote as it is!

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 26, 2018, 07:09:13 PM
I've changed the poll settings to let members change their votes. And of course, reviving this old thread will encourage other members to vote for the first time.

So, the results as of today are:

Mostly on a standard computer screen. 40 (59.7%)
Mostly on a mobile device (phone/tablet etc).16 (23.9%)
About 50/50 mobile device/standard screen. 6 (9%)
Mostly through the mists of a bubbling cauldron. 5 (7.5%)

I will be interested to see if the % changes.

It's been a while since this thread was last posted in...not much has changed in terms of the percentages on the poll, however my usage has; when the previous reply was posted, I exclusively used this on a laptop (didn't even have a mobile phone of my own). Now, it's about 60% laptop and 40% mobile phone. For posts in which I put images in, though, I will always exclusively use a laptop  :P