News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ictonyx artwork

Started by Ictonyx, June 04, 2018, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ictonyx

This is my first time trying to post an image so don't be surprised if it doesn't work...

Ictonyx

That one worked for me so I will post a couple more.

Ictonyx

If anyone could confirm that these pics work on their computer, that would be great!

Papi-Anon

Nice pics! Good use of shading.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

PumperKrickel

deleted

Ictonyx

Thanks for the kind comments.

Jose S.M.

Great job, I like them a lot.

Patrx

Great stuff! I like your Ceratosaurus in particular.

Ictonyx

Thanks! The Ceratosaurus is based on Scott Hartman's Ceratosaurus 'dentisulcatus' skeletal (which is Hartman says, and I'm inclined to agree with, may be an adult C> nasicornis. I enjoy stippling, and I am able to produce patterns and shading that read to me as more realistic and attractive by stippling - it has a soft, diffuse quality that I am not skilled enough to replicate with hatching, for instance.

Ictonyx

Quick, unreferenced sketch of a generalised hadrosaurine - I will hopefully do a finished, measured drawing based on this concept eventually, probably with Edmontosaurus.

Ictonyx

Edmontosaurus regalis, based on the previously posted loose sketch. Skeletal ref. Scott Hartman. Incorporating the "cock's comb" and skin impressions on neck, as reported by Bell et. al. (2014).

Jose S.M.

Edmontosaurus looks great!

Ictonyx

Thanks Jose! Compared to most dinosaurs, there's not that much speculation required to reconstruct Edmontosaurus (though obviously still quite a lot).

dreadmane

Great illustrations, I like your style. Keep up the good work!
Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

Ictonyx

Ictonyx

Tylosaurus pembinensis

Ictonyx

Skeletal ref. for Tylosaurus was from Scott Hartman, other ref. included mosasaur art by Henry Sharpe and various pictures of cetaceans and sharks.

Halichoeres

Very nice use of stippling! It's a very underrated technique in my opinion.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ictonyx

Thanks a lot Halichoeres, and yeah I agree. Can't speak for others (who may have more skill) but for me, it allows the production of a much softer, more blended and 'realistic' texture and shade, as opposed to, say, hatching. One of the things that really inspired me to be a stippler was some of Bakker's stippled drawings in The Dinosaur Heresies.

Libraraptor

Good work! And I still like The Dinosaur Heresies a lot!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.