News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Your favorite colors for a Spinosaurus?

Started by Mini Minmi, June 15, 2018, 08:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mini Minmi

I found a spinosaurus figure to repaint but I'm having a hard time deciding on a color pattern I'd like to try and paint on it.

I'm looking for inspiration. Could you post a picture of your favorite spinosaurus art, please? Be it either a 3D model or a piece of paleoart or anything really. I'm looking for colors and patterns that fit the beast that I might not have thought of.

Thanks for your help!
It's greatly appreciated.  ;D

IrritatorRaji

Not sure why, but I've always liked the idea of a Spinosaurus having the colours of a Grey Crowned Crane.

Though, if we're talkin' a more realistic colour scheme, dark blue / black top and white underbelly.

Mini Minmi

Ouuuuh That crane idea is very interesting! Bold markings of black and white, fade to grey, a bit of golden/hay yellow... Hmmm not sure I could pull it off but I like it. I'll ponder on that.

I like the more natural version you posted as well. Very crocodilian which makes perfect sense. I like the stripes on the sail too. It's still flashy without being exaggerated.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.