News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Triceratops Toys [Complete]

Started by Gwangi, June 21, 2018, 08:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your personal favorite top 10 Triceratops toys

Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum, Ceratopsian Set
Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum, Cretaceous Set
Kaiyodo Advance Megasofubi
Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5
Safari 90's Model
Safari 2000's Model
Safari 2018 Model
Safari Great Dinosaurs Collection
Carnegie Collection Version 1
Carnegie Collection Version 2
Schleich World of History
Schleich Conquering the Earth
Schleich Replicasaurus Version 1
Schleich Replicasaurus  Version 2
CollectA Baby Triceratops
CollectA Dead Triceratops
CollectA Early Procon Model
CollectA Deluxe
Collecta 1/15
Papo Adult
Papo Baby
Jurassic Park Kenner Original
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
JP3 by Hasbro
Dakin Triceratops
Jurassic World Roarivores
Takara Tomy
Favorite Co. Ltd. Soft Model (Series 2)
Favorite Co. Ltd. Triceratops vs. Tyrannosaurus Mini Model
Bullyland 2003
Bullyland 2017
PNSO Doyle (Disqualified)
PNSO Age of the Dinosaurs
Tyco
Recur
Kabaya
Invicta
Battat
Marx
Starlux
Inpro
AAA
Sega Dinosaur King/Prize Model
Carnage Dinosaurs by Re-Saurus
Safari Baby Triceratops

Gwangi

So, I just received the 2018 Wild Safari Triceratops, and I absolutely adore it. Not only is it my new favorite Triceratops model but it might very well be the best Triceratops toy, ever! Matter of opinion of course, the Battat is pretty great too. So what is the best Triceratops out there? What are the top 10? As usual I'll start a list below and add suggestions. Remember, this is not a list of all the Triceratops toys out there. This is a short list for the top 10. If you're not going to vote for it then don't suggest it.

Kaiyodo
Capsule Q Museum, Ceratopsian Set
Capsule Q Museum, Cretaceous Set
Advance Megasofubi
Dinotales Series 5

Safari
90's Model
2000's Model
2018 Model
Great Dinosaurs Collection
Carnegie Collection Version 1
Carnegie Collection Version 2
Safari Baby Triceratops

Schleich
Conquering the Earth
World of History
Replicasaurus

CollectA
Baby Triceratops
Dead Triceratops
Early Procon Model
Deluxe
2012 1:15 Model

Papo
Baby Triceratops
Adult Triceratops

Jurassic Park
Kenner Original
The Lost World
JP3 by Hasbro
Dakin Triceratops
Roarivores

Favorite/Kinto
Series 1
Series 2
Triceratops vs. Tyrannosaurus Mini Model

Bullyland
2003 Model
2017 Model

PNSO
Doyle
Age of the Dinosaurs

Other Companies
Tyco
Recur
Kabaya
Invicta
Battat
Marx
Inpro
Starlux
AAA
Sega Dinosaur King/Prize Model
Carnage Dinosaurs by Re-Saurus

Shonisaurus

Missing the triceratops Dolly from PNSO, is for me the second best version of triceratops.

For me the best versions of triceratops are first Safari by Doug Watson, second triceratops by PNSO and very close or almost equal to that of PNSO the triceratops of Battat, the fourth triceratops for me preferred is that of Schleich 2018.

As regards other triceratops highlighted, for example, Kaiyodo's, Favorite's and to a lesser extent, Bullyland's.

My four triceratops for me better are the following:

1st Triceratops Safari
2nd or 3rd Triceratops PNSO / Triceratops Battat
4th Triceratops Schleich
5th Triceratops Sega or Triceratops Kaiyodo
6th Triceratops Favorite
7th Triceratops Bullyland

It is my personal appreciation. I do not include in my case among the triceratops Collecta's dead triceratops because although it is a great paleoartistic representation it is a dead triceratops, I do not live like the rest of the ones mentioned.

SidB

We used to have a short "stub" review of the second Replicasaurus Triceratops, a review that seems to have disappeared from both the "contents" and "company" sections. It was superior to the World of History sculpt, though it never received a full review, I'd recommend and vote for it.

Gwangi

Is that it? So should I make the poll then? No other suggestions? Or are these top tens just not as popular as they were a few years back?

Jose S.M.

I think there's a Safari baby Triceratops too.

Halichoeres

Oh, yeah, PNSO made a big vinyl Triceratops in addition to Doyle that I think is very nice. Top 10 material, I'd say.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 02, 2018, 08:58:15 PM
Oh, yeah, PNSO made a big vinyl Triceratops in addition to Doyle that I think is very nice. Top 10 material, I'd say.

Do we know if it has a name, or something else I can label it?

BlueKrono

I liked the AAA version from the 90's. I have it in many colors. Not the most accurate one out there, but it would certainly get my vote.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gwangi

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 02, 2018, 09:16:15 PM
I liked the AAA version from the 90's. I have it in many colors. Not the most accurate one out there, but it would certainly get my vote.

If it will earn a vote it will be added.  8)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on July 02, 2018, 09:10:52 PM

I guess it was the Age of Dinosaurs one? I don't think the big vinyl ones had the Christian names that the minis and 1:35 figures got. http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/12/22/triceratops-age-of-the-dinosaurs-by-pnso/
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 02, 2018, 09:28:40 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 02, 2018, 09:10:52 PM

I guess it was the Age of Dinosaurs one? I don't think the big vinyl ones had the Christian names that the minis and 1:35 figures got. http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/12/22/triceratops-age-of-the-dinosaurs-by-pnso/

That works, thanks!

DinoToyForum

List looks good to me. Thanks for organising it.

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 03, 2018, 12:03:38 AM
List looks good to me. Thanks for organising it.

No problem, I'll give this and the Apatosaurus poll another day for suggestions and then I'll setup the polls.

SidB

Gwangi - a small spin on the Schleich replicasaurus which you added to the list (thanks): actually there are two replicasaurus models. The earlier one (replicasaurus 1) is a brownish-grey and has its head down and forward in a charging position. It was superceded by the brown one that had been listed on our "content" page for many years (replicasaurus 2), and was quite superior to its predecessor.

Gwangi

Here we go, the thread has been up long enough that any suggestions should have been gathered and added. Sorry if your personal favorite is not on there. 10 votes per person so you can make your own top 10 list. Have fun!

Halichoeres

Patrx

Aack! How can I possibly vote for only ten? Should make for an interesting list once the voting is complete!

SidB

Ah, the freedom of necessity!

DinoToyForum

Merged the poll thread with the discussion thread.  C:-)

DinoToyForum

23 voters so far. Many more members than that sign into the forum each day, so make sure you have your say!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.