News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Tyrannosaurus Toys [Completed]

Started by Gwangi, December 29, 2014, 11:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your choices for the top 10 Tyrannosaurus toys?

Battat Tyrannosaurus
71 (50%)
Favorite original soft model Tyrannosaurus
22 (15.5%)
Favorite new soft model Tyrannosaurus
23 (16.2%)
Favorite feathered soft model Tyrannosaurus
16 (11.3%)
Papo standing T. rex
52 (36.6%)
Papo running T. rex
56 (39.4%)
Papo baby T. rex
11 (7.7%)
CollectA baby T. rex
17 (12%)
CollectA Deluxe Tyrannosaurus
21 (14.8%)
CollectA Tyrannosaurus rex with prey
7 (4.9%)
Invicta Tyrannosaurus
33 (23.2%)
Sega vinyl Tyrannosaurus
27 (19%)
Safari Ltd. "Sue at the Field Museum" Tyrannosaurus pair
20 (14.1%)
Wild Safari Tyrannosaurus (by Doug Watson)
41 (28.9%)
Kaiyodo Capsule Q Feathered Tyrannosaurus
28 (19.7%)
Kaiyodo Capsule Q Scaly Tyrannosaurus
20 (14.1%)
Carnegie Tyrannosaurus
9 (6.3%)
Carnegie 10th Anniversary T. rex
26 (18.3%)
Carnegie 25th Anniversary T. rex
35 (24.6%)
Kenner "Jurassic Park" "Big Red" original T. rex
37 (26.1%)
Kenner "The Lost World" Thrasher T. rex
29 (20.4%)
Kenner Bull T. rex
17 (12%)
Hasbro CamoXtreme JP3 Tyrannosaurus
2 (1.4%)
Hasbro CamoXtreme Canyon JP3 Tyrannosaurus
3 (2.1%)
Tyco Dino-Riders/Smithsonian Tyrannosaurus
15 (10.6%)
Dor Mei Tyrannosaurus
1 (0.7%)
Imperial Tyrannosaurus
4 (2.8%)
Carnage Resaurus T. rex
11 (7.7%)
Schleich World of History Tyrannosaurus
9 (6.3%)
Toyway WWD Tyrannosaurus
13 (9.2%)
Colorata Dino Cretaceous T. rex
4 (2.8%)
Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. Dino Kingdom 2012 Tyrannosaurus
6 (4.2%)
Linde Tyrannosaurus
1 (0.7%)
Kabaya Tyrannosaurus
6 (4.2%)
Marx skinny Tyrannosaurus
5 (3.5%)
Marx "Potbelly" Tyrannosaurus
6 (4.2%)
Bullyland Museum Line T. rex
7 (4.9%)
Revoltech T. rex
14 (9.9%)
Sinclair Tyrannosaurus
2 (1.4%)
Mold-A-Rama Tyrannosaurus
1 (0.7%)
MPC Tyrannosaurus
3 (2.1%)
Kenner Young "Jurassic Park" Tyrannosaurus
9 (6.3%)
Mojo deluxe T. rex
4 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Concavenator

Too bad the new CollectA feathered Tyrannosaurus didn't enter the poll.I believe it's the greatest model of this species and I don't think the rest of the models are even close to it.

pylraster

I would have voted for the Bull T.rex but it's not here on the list. Always felt that it was a very underrated figure.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: pylraster on August 15, 2015, 08:37:55 PM
I would have voted for the Bull T.rex but it's not here on the list. Always felt that it was a very underrated figure.

It is in the list, with 9 votes too :)

Fluffysaurus

King Trex from Rebor ofcourse ^-^
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Rain

Yep, I'd vote for REBOR's rex if it was on here for the simple reason that it's extremely detailed. But if we excuse aesthetics then I really like the kaiyodo capsule rexes

Viking Spawn

REBOR would also have my vote too if they were listed.   And so would the Griffon Master Fossil as well as the Kaiyodo 1/20 Dinotales!   ;)

Arul

I vote rebor trex when they are in the list, but that time rebor trex is removed from the list because they are include in statue category just like sideshow. See in previous page on this thread maybe the discussion is still there hehehe

Viking Spawn

I see and also think that Rebor is more related to Sideshow in their detail, quality, and price point.  If they made larger products with the same precision, they would give SS a direct run for their money!  But then again, their prices would probably triple too!  I'm happy with them where they are at the moment. 

tanystropheus

Quote from: Arul on August 16, 2015, 04:39:05 PM
I vote rebor trex when they are in the list, but that time rebor trex is removed from the list because they are include in statue category just like sideshow. See in previous page on this thread maybe the discussion is still there hehehe

I think REBOR is actually both, but I have always viewed Papos as statuettes. If Papo kept the quality of their dinosaurs the same, but sold them at triple the price, consumers would also regard them as statues. But yeah, there are probably a half dozen threads about that topic, lol  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 16, 2015, 06:10:28 PM
If they made larger products with the same precision, they would give SS a direct run for their money!

I have a feeling the Dimorphodon(s) might do exactly that!

mgaguilar

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but we may have to do another one of these (along with several others) in the near future with the amount of new figures hitting the market.
Especially with some of the amazing sculpts that have been released recently that'll give some of the old bests a run for their money.

Gwangi

Quote from: mgaguilar on July 17, 2018, 05:20:54 AM
Apologies for reviving an old thread, but we may have to do another one of these (along with several others) in the near future with the amount of new figures hitting the market.
Especially with some of the amazing sculpts that have been released recently that'll give some of the old bests a run for their money.

Funny you bring it up, I was just thinking the same. Almost made a new poll the other night. I'm thinking I'll just add the old top ten and put them in a poll with new suggestions.

Sim

Before a new top 10 T. rex toys poll, I wonder if it would be a good time to do a poll suggested by Dr Admin in November 2016: Velociraptor and relatives.  I would find this more interesting, in part because it hasn't been done before.  Additionally, Dr Admin said he was planning to do a poll for plesiosaurs.  In the first post in the topic "Top 10 figures polls - guidelines & poll ideas", it says, "Top 10 polls should be restricted to three active polls at any one time.": http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3067.0

As there are currently two active polls, there's room for just one more.  I also think it would be good to wait a bit longer for a new top 10 T. rex toys poll so that people have time to get the CollectA 2018 T. rex.  I wouldn't vote for it, but I'd be interested in seeing how it ranks against other T. rex toys.

DinoToyForum

Yeah, I'd wait at least another year before a new T. rex poll (five years is a good duration between polls).

Gwangi

Alright, no T. rex poll. Good thing I checked here first I suppose, I was about to make one. But if we keep waiting on it because a new T. rex is coming out then it won't ever be done.  ;) I suppose the five year mark makes sense though.

Sim, feel free to make any of the polls you suggested. I don't have a monopoly on them. I would gladly participate in a dromaeosaur or plesiosaur poll. Not too interested in managing one at the moment though. I was only willing to do a T. rex redux because it would be fairly quick and simple.

Syndicate Bias

I just saw on fb another company making another t rex this year.  I gotta say the jp inspired rexes are getting out of hand i think there's been way too many

mgaguilar

Quote from: Sim on July 17, 2018, 02:47:32 PM
Before a new top 10 T. rex toys poll, I wonder if it would be a good time to do a poll suggested by Dr Admin in November 2016: Velociraptor and relatives.  I would find this more interesting, in part because it hasn't been done before.  Additionally, Dr Admin said he was planning to do a poll for plesiosaurs.  In the first post in the topic "Top 10 figures polls - guidelines & poll ideas", it says, "Top 10 polls should be restricted to three active polls at any one time.": http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3067.0

As there are currently two active polls, there's room for just one more.  I also think it would be good to wait a bit longer for a new top 10 T. rex toys poll so that people have time to get the CollectA 2018 T. rex.  I wouldn't vote for it, but I'd be interested in seeing how it ranks against other T. rex toys.

This would be fantastic! I'm all about getting into these feathery little creatures. These polls I think are a great way to also see the evolution of scientific discoveries over the course of history.
The MVP's that always post the photos of each of the figures are always such amazing people, and create a fantastic conglomeration of images to scan through. I still scan over the old polls a ton when I visit here.

John

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on July 17, 2018, 05:43:15 PM
I just saw on fb another company making another t rex this year.  I gotta say the jp inspired rexes are getting out of hand i think there's been way too many
Fortunately,there are still T. rex models turning up that aren't based on the Jurassic Park design,like the Kaiyodo one from their Sofubi Toy Box line that just got released in three color variants. :)

I have the "A" color version and can say that it is easily the best Tyrannosaurus rex out of any line. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.