News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus Toys [Complete]

Started by Gwangi, October 31, 2017, 06:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your top 10 favorite Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus Figures?

Great Dinosaurs by Safari
Wild Safari by Safari (1996)
Wild Safari by Safari (2010)
Carnegie by Safari
Carnegie by Safari (Baby)
Bullyland Museum Line
Invicta
Tyco
Marx
Papo
Furuta
Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3
Soft model by Favorite Co. Ltd.
Schleich 2008
World of History by Schleich
Inpro
CollectA
CollectA Mini
Bronze SRG
Miller
Sinclair Dinoland Mold-A-Rama
MPC
Recur
GeoWorld Jurassic Hunters
GeoWorld Jurassic Action
Definitely Dinosaurs by Playskool (Large)
Definitely Dinosaurs by Playskool (Small)
Toy Major
Imperial

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 11, 2018, 04:40:37 PM
This was surprisingly difficult! There've been a fair few good Apatosaurus toys over the years.

I agree, I found this one harder than the Triceratops poll.

Patrx

It ends up being a much shorter list if you only consider the ones with accurate hands and feet! Even shorter if you discount those with inaccurate external nostrils. But, I haven't voted yet, there are some figures that, while wrong in one or both of those ways, are likeable for other reasons.

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on July 11, 2018, 05:57:05 PM
It ends up being a much shorter list if you only consider the ones with accurate hands and feet! Even shorter if you discount those with inaccurate external nostrils. But, I haven't voted yet, there are some figures that, while wrong in one or both of those ways, are likeable for other reasons.

A top ten accuracy poll wouldn't even have enough entries to make it possible. Personally I don't find it hard to differentiate between quality and accuracy. A lot of the older models were accurate for their time, or at least well made. Like the Invicta, which everyone should vote for in my opinion. New models that make old mistakes I can be less forgiving of. 

I'm glad to see so many without any votes yet. I think in the future the short list could be shorter. As I've said in the past, if you aren't going to vote for it then don't suggest it! But it's only been a day, we'll see how it plays out.

DinoToyForum

Merged poll and discussion threads for this genus. C:-)

stegosauria

Quote from: Gwangi on July 11, 2018, 01:36:04 PM
Quote from: stegosauria on July 11, 2018, 12:11:21 PM
It would be good if there was some pictures. There's a plenty of figure I don't know in the list. And some figures are missing from the list like the old Schleich Replica-saurus Apatosaurus and if the Carnegie baby Apatosaurus is in the list that shouldn't been the only baby.

There has been a thread up since October for people to suggest what should be on this list. Everything that members suggested should be on the list was added. The Schleich model you're talking about is on the list as Schleich 2008. As for pictures, Google search or visit the Dinosaur Toy Blog Apatosaurus page.

Thanks, I didn't know that there was another thread for that. And before the grey Apatosaurus there was a blue one from Schleich (don't know much about it when I first met with Schleich that figure was near to retire).

DinoToyForum

Only 22 votes so far. Please contribute before I make the official top 10 video based on this poll.  O:-)

Gwangi

IrritatorRaji

Oh wow, I didn't even know that this poll existed! I'll vote now

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

DinoToyForum

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.