News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Triceratops Toys [Complete]

Started by Gwangi, June 21, 2018, 08:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your personal favorite top 10 Triceratops toys

Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum, Ceratopsian Set
Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum, Cretaceous Set
Kaiyodo Advance Megasofubi
Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5
Safari 90's Model
Safari 2000's Model
Safari 2018 Model
Safari Great Dinosaurs Collection
Carnegie Collection Version 1
Carnegie Collection Version 2
Schleich World of History
Schleich Conquering the Earth
Schleich Replicasaurus Version 1
Schleich Replicasaurus  Version 2
CollectA Baby Triceratops
CollectA Dead Triceratops
CollectA Early Procon Model
CollectA Deluxe
Collecta 1/15
Papo Adult
Papo Baby
Jurassic Park Kenner Original
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
JP3 by Hasbro
Dakin Triceratops
Jurassic World Roarivores
Takara Tomy
Favorite Co. Ltd. Soft Model (Series 2)
Favorite Co. Ltd. Triceratops vs. Tyrannosaurus Mini Model
Bullyland 2003
Bullyland 2017
PNSO Doyle (Disqualified)
PNSO Age of the Dinosaurs
Tyco
Recur
Kabaya
Invicta
Battat
Marx
Starlux
Inpro
AAA
Sega Dinosaur King/Prize Model
Carnage Dinosaurs by Re-Saurus
Safari Baby Triceratops

australovenator

I'm personally very partial to 2018 Safari Trike, so that gets my vote. But honestly it's really not a species I focus much on  :-\

Lizerd

Not a species to focus on?  :o Not just because they look cool but if you have no triceratops, what are you going to whack a bunch with your T. rex?
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Ravonium

Quote from: Lizerd on September 01, 2018, 02:18:32 PM
Not a species to focus on?  :o Not just because they look cool but if you have no triceratops, what are you going to whack a bunch with your T. rex?

By ceratopsian and dinosaur standards, Triceratops isn't exceptionally impressive, and unless you want to be super-accurate when playing with them*, it doesn't have any edge in that regard  :)

*which not many members here do  :P

DinoToyForum

38 now. We are getting to a respectable number of voters. I have the video ready to go but the votes are so tight the top 10 changes every time someone else votes.  :))

DinoToyForum

Come on folks, let's round this up to 40 at least.  O:-)

DinoToyForum

Surely it is some sort of oversight that the Schleich Conquering the Earth Triceratops is currently outside of the top 10?

...While the Favorite Co. Ltd series 2 continues to climb up the ranking.

Someone, please, justify how you've voted for the latter but not the former. The Youtube comments are going to destroy us. ;D

Crackington

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 01, 2018, 04:56:29 PM

Just voted, does that get us to 40?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Crackington on September 01, 2018, 05:31:26 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 01, 2018, 04:56:29 PM

Just voted, does that get us to 40?

Yep! Thanks. :) The top four are pretty much set in stone now. Trouble is, with only four votes between 5th place and 15th place, the tail end of the top ten is very much open to change. I was hoping more votes would separate things out a bit.

Gwangi

Quote from: Ravonium on September 01, 2018, 02:44:12 PM

By ceratopsian and dinosaur standards, Triceratops isn't exceptionally impressive, and unless you want to be super-accurate when playing with them*, it doesn't have any edge in that regard  :)

As one of the largest ceratopsians it's at least impressive in size. Also being one of the last non-avian dinosaurs gives it some points too. I think a lot of people take the classic dinosaurs for granted.

Lizerd

Quote from: Gwangi on September 01, 2018, 09:55:21 PM
Quote from: Ravonium on September 01, 2018, 02:44:12 PM

As one of the largest ceratopsians it's at least impressive in size. Also being one of the last non-avian dinosaurs gives it some points too. I think a lot of people take the classic dinosaurs for granted.
Obviously protoceratops is the coolest! You have a point that classics are somewhat taken for granted
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 01, 2018, 05:24:05 PM
Someone, please, justify how you've voted for the latter but not the former. The Youtube comments are going to destroy us. ;D

Don't look this way, I didn't vote for either! But I did vote for the disqualified PNSO, maybe I need to re-vote? I would vote for the Schliech over the Favorite, never thought I would say that.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on September 02, 2018, 12:07:51 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 01, 2018, 05:24:05 PM

Don't look this way, I didn't vote for either! But I did vote for the disqualified PNSO, maybe I need to re-vote? I would vote for the Schliech over the Favorite, never thought I would say that.

Nor would I, until I started digging out photos for the video. I wonder if voters for the Favorite Trike had a different figure in mind, there are several Favorite Co Ltd figures and desktop models after all, it would be easy to muddle them up.

Sure, you can certainly remove and change your vote for the disqualified statue.

Digibasherx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 02, 2018, 01:25:09 AM

Nor would I, until I started digging out photos for the video. I wonder if voters for the Favorite Trike had a different figure in mind, there are several Favorite Co Ltd figures and desktop models after all, it would be easy to muddle them up.

Sure, you can certainly remove and change your vote for the disqualified statue.

Are we talking about the blue Araki soft model?  The title wasn't all that clear.

edit: Is there any way to include photos of the toy in future polls?  Not sure if it allows a thumbnail, but it would help seeing which model from a glance rather than googling all of them (for those who doesn't know by heart).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Digibasherx on September 02, 2018, 01:45:17 AM

Are we talking about the blue Araki soft model?  The title wasn't all that clear.

edit: Is there any way to include photos of the toy in future polls?  Not sure if it allows a thumbnail, but it would help seeing which model from a glance rather than googling all of them (for those who doesn't know by heart).

Yes, I included a picture of it upthread.

Digibasherx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 02, 2018, 01:49:31 AM
Quote from: Digibasherx on September 02, 2018, 01:45:17 AM

Yes, I included a picture of it upthread.

Yeah, I just went back to page 2.  I'm guilty of this, but that's because the head of the Favorite co. appeals to me more than the Schleich.  I'm not a fan of the blue, or the feet, or the proportions of the body, but I think it has a more handsome face.  I don't dislike the Schleich, and I think in many terms it looks better.  But I just find the head sculpt to be slightly off, and I can't put my finger on it.

Gwangi

The blue Araki soft model is the only Favorite Triceratops that would qualify for this poll so I didn't realize it would cause any confusion. I always Google image search a model that I don't know about before voting for it O:-).

EDIT: I added "Disqualified" next to Doyle, so people will notice. Thought about removing it all together but don't know how that would effect the poll.

Digibasherx

Quote from: Gwangi on September 02, 2018, 02:00:01 AM
The blue Araki soft model is the only Favorite Triceratops that would qualify for this poll so I didn't realize it would cause any confusion. I always Google image search a model that I don't know about before voting for it O:-).

EDIT: I added "Disqualified" next to Doyle, so people will notice. Thought about removing it all together but don't know how that would effect the poll.

I think there's the Favourite Kinto series 2 Trike as well.

Gwangi

Quote from: Digibasherx on September 02, 2018, 03:01:35 AM

The blue one is the series 2 Trike. I didn't think one existed for series 1, though apparently it does. I think this is my first time seeing it though.

australovenator

Oh, Triceratops is a classic dinosaur and I love it all the same, but I have to admit that I'm very biased towards theropods when it comes to my personal collection.  :P

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on September 02, 2018, 03:27:13 AM
Quote from: Digibasherx on September 02, 2018, 03:01:35 AM

The blue one is the series 2 Trike. I didn't think one existed for series 1, though apparently it does. I think this is my first time seeing it though.

Yes, the soft models were created in two incarnations (series 1 and 2). Series 2 toys were basically just resculpts of all the species in the first series. Not always changed for the better.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.