News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dino Mecard by Sonokong (new for 2018)

Started by Halichoeres, July 02, 2018, 10:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

These made an appearance in a recent Dino Toy Blog YouTube video but I think they're worth adding here for reference. As near as I can tell this is a game and TV series in the same spirit as Dinosaur King, and the figures are sort of a mix of styles. The nicest ones are a little nicer than the Sega vinyl action figures but maybe a bit below the Takara Tomy Ania line. They're made by Korean company Sonokong, the first major dinosaur toy line I'm aware of from Korea.

The ones that are most likely (in my opinion) to find an audience here are the two-packs featuring a comparatively realistic adult and a relentlessly cutesy infant ("tinysaur"). This list is probably incomplete, but these are the ones I have seen on eBay and Amazon.

Acrocanthosaurus
Allosaurus
ammonite

Ankylosaurus

Anomalocaris
Archelon

Brachiosaurus

Carcharodontosaurus

Carnotaurus

Deinonychus

Deinosuchus

Deltadromeus

Dilophosaurus

Dimetrodon
Dimorphodon
Diplodocus
Einiosaurus

Kronosaurus

Lambeosaurus

Mammuthus

Microraptor

Monolophosaurus
Mosasaurus
Nigersaurus

Ophthalmosaurus

Ouranosaurus

Pachycephalosaurus

Pachyrhinosaurus

Pentaceratops

Psittacosaurus

Pteranodon

Quetzalcoatlus

Saichania

Saltasaurus
Sauropelta

Spinosaurus

Stegosaurus

Suchomimus
Therizinosaurus

Triceratops

Tsintaosaurus

Tyrannosaurus

As of December 2018, most species in the list below ("tiny-saurs") have been produced in the larger, less cartoony format, except for:
Armadillosuchus
Dracorex
Dunkleosteus
Hylaeosaurus
Shastasaurus
Tupandactylus

Blister-carded "tiny-saur" miniatures that fold up to fit inside eggs:

Acrocanthosaurus
Allosaurus
ammonite
Ankylosaurus
Anomalocaris
Archelon
Armadillosuchus
Brachiosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus
Carnotaurus
Deinocheirus
Deinonychus
Deinosuchus
Deltadromeus
Dilophosaurus
Dimetrodon
Dimorphodon
Diplodocus
Dracorex
Dunkleosteus
Einiosaurus
Hylaeosaurus
Kronosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Mammuthus
Microraptor
Monolophosaurus
Mosasaurus
Nigersaurus
Ophthalmosaurus
Ouranosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Pentaceratops
Plesiosaurus
Psittacosaurus
Pteranodon
Quetzalcoatlus
Saichania
Saltasaurus
Sauropelta
Shastasaurus
Spinosaurus
Stegosaurus
Suchomimus
Therizinosaurus
Triceratops
Tsintaosaurus
Tupandactylus
Tyrannosaurus

There are also "battle tops," which...I dunno

Brachiosaaurus
Deinonychus
Kronosaurus
Ophthalmosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Pteranodon
Saichania
Tyrannosaurus
And probably others

And there are a few transforming dinosaur robots, but...I've taken enough screen shots today. These aren't really up my alley, but I'm sure some kinds of completists will want a few of them. And if they keep going maybe they'll accidentally land on a species I don't have, which might tempt me...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Some of these are lovely, others... ehm...

Interesting species choices here and there.

tanystropheus

I love how they maintained neoteny on all their species.

P.S: Is it so difficult to make the Microraptor black?

Shonisaurus

Not bad. I sincerely like that company in terms of making dinosaurs and adult prehistoric animals with their offspring. I am a supporter in that some line is encouraged to make prehistoric animals of all ages in family ie adults and offspring.

DinoToyForum

Thanks for starting this topic. Yeah, I was seriously impressed by the larger figures I got, the Ichthyosaurus in particular. If I ever find the time I intend to review it, and the pliosaur, on the Dinotoyblog...

Faelrin

Cute figures. I do really like the Ammonite, Anomalocaris (of course), Ophthalmosaurus, Pentaceratops, and some others like the ankylosaurs. I'm not a huge fan of how the mouth was done on the larger Lambeosaurus, but the little one is pretty cute.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

bmathison1972

I am down for that Anomalocaris :)

edit: already found it on eBay and bought it :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 05, 2018, 03:33:57 AM
I am down for that Anomalocaris :)

edit: already found it on eBay and bought it :)

I figured that one would tempt you. :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

I've seen a few more trickle out, like some more Battle Tops and some of the small cutesy transforming critters, including Acrocanthosaurus, Archelon, Dimorphodon, and Sauropelta. Added to the list in the first post, but I didn't bother with images.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 18, 2018, 07:06:46 PM
I've seen a few more trickle out, like some more Battle Tops and some of the small cutesy transforming critters, including Acrocanthosaurus, Archelon, Dimorphodon, and Sauropelta. Added to the list in the first post, but I didn't bother with images.

I have the 'Battle Tops' Kronosaurus waiting to be unboxed. I'll test it out in the video. :))

Halichoeres

New "tiny-saurs." I wouldn't mind seeing some of these in the more detailed 2-packs.

Dimetrodon
Mammuthus
Nigersaurus
Ouranosaurus
Shastasaurus
Tsintaosaurus

Brontozaurus

I've seen Mecard toys in shops, though they're transforming cars. Dino Mecard must be the newest line, maybe it'll get localised.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Halichoeres

Some new "tiny-saurs" (the ones that fold up into little eggs). I could do with fewer of these and more of the semi-realistic two-packs. That said, a couple of interesting species:

Rare to see Tupandactylus sold under its own name rather than as Tapejara

Not even in the top 10 Dunkleosteus toys

Also new (all tiny-saurs):

Carcharodontosaurus
Deinocheirus
Dracorex
Psittacosaurus

First post will be updated accordingly

mgaguilar

I was tripping because I thought these were vintage due to the fact that "New for 2018" was missing in the thread title,
but they're all new releases??? There's a TON.

Is this company known for doing very much toy figures?
Looks like terribly cheap plastic.

Halichoeres

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 10, 2018, 06:15:29 AM
I was tripping because I thought these were vintage due to the fact that "New for 2018" was missing in the thread title,
but they're all new releases??? There's a TON.

Is this company known for doing very much toy figures?
Looks like terribly cheap plastic.

Good call, I'll change the thread title. Yeah, I think I counted 48 of the tiny guys and 17 of the large ones (which is a slightly odd number, maybe I've missed some?). I had never heard of this company before they started showing up on eBay a few months ago, but I guess they're one of the larger toy companies in Korea. As far as I know, this is their first dinosaur line, at least it's the first to find some distribution outside of Korea. The tiny ones do look really cheap, but Dr. Admin did a video review of some of the larger ones and they look pretty okay.

Halichoeres

It was bound to happen with a line this extensive. Their newest "tiny-saur" foldable miniature is Armadillosuchus, a genus that has never been done by another company as far as I know:

Mine's already ordered.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 18, 2018, 08:14:57 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 18, 2018, 07:06:46 PM

I have the 'Battle Tops' Kronosaurus waiting to be unboxed. I'll test it out in the video. :))

Just to say, I did... it is just a spinning top.
https://youtu.be/DOPcWWohEXA?t=660

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 10, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
It was bound to happen with a line this extensive. Their newest "tiny-saur" foldable miniature is Armadillosuchus, a genus that has never been done by another company as far as I know:

*snip*

Mine's already ordered.

While this is way out of the scope of the style of figure I collect, it is decent as a stylised incorporation of Armadillosuchus, and it is very good to see my single most wanted genus of prehistoric animal being made into some sort of figure 8)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on November 10, 2018, 07:02:03 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 10, 2018, 06:40:42 PM

*snip*

Mine's already ordered.

While this is way out of the scope of the style of figure I collect, it is decent as a stylised incorporation of Armadillosuchus, and it is very good to see my single most wanted genus of prehistoric animal being made into some sort of figure 8)

I would love to see a more realistic version myself. Maybe this will put it on some other company's radar!

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 10, 2018, 07:32:13 PM
I would love to see a more realistic version myself. Maybe this will put it on some other company's radar!

Agreed. I imagine Doug Watson could do a pretty solid Armadillosuchus model.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.