News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Which is the best dinorider ? Vote !

Started by biniou24, August 11, 2012, 08:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 5 prefered dinoriders ?

Tyrannosaurus Rex
22 (51.2%)
Triceratops
8 (18.6%)
Deinonychus (rulon)
3 (7%)
Diplodocus
7 (16.3%)
Pteranodon
3 (7%)
Monoclonius
5 (11.6%)
Pterodactyl
1 (2.3%)
Ankylosaurus
3 (7%)
Torosaurus
11 (25.6%)
Deinonychus (valorian)
1 (2.3%)
Quetzalcoatlus (wave 1, valorian)
3 (7%)
Styracosaurus
4 (9.3%)
Brontosaurus
17 (39.5%)
Edmontonia
12 (27.9%)
Protoceratops
5 (11.6%)
Stegosaurus
6 (14%)
Pachycephalosaurus
3 (7%)
Struthiominus
10 (23.3%)
Dimetrodon
5 (11.6%)
Kentrosaurus
21 (48.8%)
Saurolophus
12 (27.9%)
Placerias
6 (14%)
Pachyrhinosaurus
5 (11.6%)
Chasmosaurus
3 (7%)
Quetzalcoatlus (wave 3, rulon)
4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

biniou24

What about a little vote to elect the best (and the worst !) dinorider toy ?

Here are the rules:

1. You can vote for any dinorider (any wave, rulon or valorian) for any reason (it's motorized, the helmet is great, you're in love with serena, etc). But Ice age are excluded because these are mammals.

2. You can vote for 1 to 9 dinoriders.
The first one gets 10 points, the second 8 points, the third 7 points, and then, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and finally 1 point.
If you vote for only 4 dinos, so they will get 10, 8, 7 and 6 points.

3. It's the same idea to elect the WORST dinorider...  :P
10 points for the one you buy each month... to burn it  >:D 8 points to the second one, etc.
update: no vote for the worst one (for now)

That's all folks !

biniou24

I prefer rulons, because their weapons are cooler, they have nice helmets, and many of them have a trap !
Deinonychus (rulon) > Deinonychus (valorian)
Monoclonius (rulon) > Styracosaurus (valorian)
Quetzacoaltus (rulon) > Quetzacoaltus (valorian)
etc.

The good...

10 points for Triceratops in my opinion it's nearly perfect (nice walking, perfect helmet, nice weapons). The back is a little empty though.
8 points for Saurolophus I love the way it stands, and the feeling of its skin is nice. The trap is great (the best one in the toyline) ! The helmet doesn't keep in place, it's the main problem I have with it.
7 points for Kentrosaurus I love the design, heavyly armorded, and the art of the box is amazing.
6 points for Monoclonius one of the best "little" dinorider ! I have to admit that I felt in love with it ! Weaponry, cool rider, playability, and it does have a trap.
5 points for Tyrannosaurus Rex Motorized, heavyly armored, great design... but not very playable. Really great toy, but a little to big to be my favorite.
4 points for Dimetrodon Very nice toy, the gimmick that makes the mouth move is really nice
3 points for Styracosaurus (I owned it as a kid and loved it, but I have to admit that monoclonius is far better)
2 points for Edmontonia the gimmicks are cool ! And the dino, too. But I don't like its "shell", looking like an umbrella...
1 point for Struthiominus nice design overall =)

...the bad.

10 points for Pterodactyl The dino is weak, so is the rest of this toy. My bro owned this one and I had the ankylosaurus for the same price... what a piece of cr#p !
8 points for Deinonychus (valorian) The dino is really great (I love the way it can "run" or "attack" with its legs) but it's a shame how weak this toy is compared to the rulon version.
7 points for Stegosaurus The dino is great, but its "two half nut shell" is weird... with poor designed missiles on it...  :-\
6 points for Quetzalcoatlus (wave 3) because the dino is really great, superb color but... it can't be posed anyhow, because the rider is UNDER the dino...
5 point for Chasmosaurus because weaponry (with a poor "futuristic design") is ugly, but  I have to admit that the dino is really cool (new head sculpt and color)
4 points for Pachyrhinosaurus for the same reason as above.

DinoToyForum

biniou24

Ok... so here is a poll with the 25 dinoriders. (lol)
You can choose your 5 favorite dinoriders.

Let's forget about the worst toys for now...

Jetoar

I like Dinoriders. I cant think who is the worst  8).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

CityRaptor

if the Ice Age ones are excluded because they are mammals and not Dinosaurs, wouldn't we also need to exclude the Pterosaurs and also the two Synapsids?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

biniou24

(never mind)

0onarcissisto0

If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

biniou24

(poll results below)

DinoToyForum

You could leave the poll open a little longer.

T. rex is the winner, but I'm not surprised by that.  ;D

ajax

I never even got a chance to vote, my favourites are as follows:
Kentrosaurus
Stegosaurus
Struthiominus
Triceratops
Torosaurus
Edmontonia

Dislikes:
Deinonychus (both)

biniou24

biniou24

modification:
There are now 10 members that voted and...

First:
Brontosaurus 7 votes  8)

Second:  ;D
Kentrosaurus 6 votes

Third (ex-aequo):  ^-^
Tyrannosaurus Rex 5 votes
Edmontonia 5 votes

tanystropheus

Quote from: biniou24 on August 11, 2012, 09:05:49 AM

10 points for Triceratops in my opinion it's nearly perfect (nice walking, perfect helmet, nice weapons). The back is a little empty though.

LOL. Triceratops, near-perfect? :o It's almost as perfect as that DR Ankylosaurus....

suspsy

The Tyrannosaurus Rex and the Brontosaurus are the best two, hands down. Amazing size, awesome armour, lots of nifty features, and three figures each.

The worst is probably the Pachyrhinosaurus. The dinosaur itself is wonderful, but the "armour" is a complete joke. Wow, a saddle with two small guns. How long did that it take for the designers to conceive that, two minutes? Really, if I'd gotten as a kid, I'd have felt ripped off.

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

SBell

You left off the mammals, so there aren't any worth voting for... ;)

Jetoar

My favorite figure of mammals is the giant board (entelolodon) He is very cool and he has a poseable jaws.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

ankylo

I like them all ,but my favorites are torosaurus and edmontonia,both with excellent sculp,size, colors ,armours ..........

Nebuloid

I didn't vote for anything except Torosaurus, his armour is just the best and it flows with the dinosaur instead of being "tacked on". I still need to get him though....

Imrahil

My vote for these guys :

1) Kentrosaurus... the dino is great, not too big or too small, armor and weaponry are awesome, and Krok is my favorite Rulon by far (second is Hammerhead).
2) Pachyrhinosaurus... the armor is not so cool but I like the dino, and the name "Atlas" sounds cool !
3) Chasmosaurus... once again here's a great dino, and personnaly I don't dislike the cockpit-like armour.
4) Rulon Quetzalcoatlus... I'm not really a flying dino guy, but the color scheme is nice to me, and the weaponry is terrific.
5) Edmontonia... that big "MBT" armour looks strange at first sight, but it's good for fifth on my favorite list !

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.