News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

T

Why this section is hardly used.

Started by Tylosaurus, April 13, 2012, 01:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Hi everyone,

There may be a reason why this section is hardly used, it seems our old place is still up, although not many to almost no new posts were made there, even so this is where our magic all began Forum wise:
http://dinoridersmessageboard.yuku.com/directory#.T4dtEtXera0

That is where Tedty aka Ted Neos and I as Obi Wan KenobiV6K ran the show before getting involved with the first DTF.

How we go things rolling was that Ted and I posted our collections on the old Dinoriders.com website in the collections section:
http://www.dinoridersworld.com/fanfare-collections.html
Mine is Obi-Wan Kenobi's Collection ;)

Eevryone had to e-mail him their pics and he would upload them, hereby we had a very primitive setup, but it did work okay as a temporal solution before we even got interested in a forum.:)

Due to that more collections were going to be posted, it seemed the ball started to roll :) Which kind of lured in to more people that shared the same interest as Ted and I. This way a forum was needed and that is our first forum, I do not know how we merged with the DTF at first, but I think it was done since it was a temporal solution over the yuku board we had, yuku was very slow sometimes and it was packed with adds, even that there are ways to over ride such things with Firefox and AdBlock Plus these days, but back then AdBlock Plus or something in similar did not exist.

But in time it was the idea that we would get our own place over the temporal DTF solution.

On Facebook there are some Dino-Rider forum users in this group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Dinoriders/

Which has been renamed to Dinosphere3D series, all the members of the old board were directed to there and that made the sub forum at the DTF less used.
The idea behind Dinosphere 3D can be read here:

http://dinoridersmessageboard.yuku.com/topic/604/DINORIDERS-3D-CGI-SHORTMOVIE#.T4duINXera0

It was first going to be called Dinoriders 3D CGI, but was later renamed to Dino Sphere 3D.

Here an early poster idea we had:

Necronom23 aka Maik Donath is the one leading the project and I am there to help render anything if needed to be, I also help with various idea's it's quite a large team as you can see ;)
So this may explain why the Dino-Riders DTF section is hardly used ;)

Tylosaurus

As for the Dino-Riders section here at the DTF, that won't have to stay, it seems we are going for a separate solution for that part, a part without them nasty limitations.
The Dinossphere 3D team also plan to join us 8) Since their work is 100% based on the Dino-Riders.

Earlier today I had a meeting with the founder of the  Dinossphere 3D team which used to be known as Dinoriders 3D CGI project, he also had to agree that a separate place would be utmost useful for us, we don't wont to rely of an others website and their restrictions. Also Tedty mailed me and he seemed to be utmost pleased with this idea also, more about this I will surely keep this place notified.

Many thanks for having this section open for us Dino-Riders fans.

DinoToyForum

Having spoken with Ted personally, he has no plans to create a separate forum for dinoridersworld.com.

Rulon on the River

I tried to join the old forum this morning before coming to this site...if the action for Dino Riders is over there, how do I join? It wouldn't let me.

CityRaptor

That is because the old Froum is archive only.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Rulon on the River

So where is all the action at? I have checked some of the links in the first post...and nothing really past April on them.

SBell

Quote from: Rulon on the River on June 18, 2012, 02:52:14 PM
So where is all the action at? I have checked some of the links in the first post...and nothing really past April on them.

It was never a super-busy subforum. A few interested folks, but otherwise didn't seem to grab like other threads.

Rulon on the River

oh, okay. Thanks. I guess i'm just a little excited because it's all new to me.

DinoToyForum

Rulon, it's down to you to bring the dino-riders board back to life!  :D

dinoridersworld.com

Yes!  Time to start posting.  Although I'm definitely not the one to cast stones as I requested that this forum be created in the first place and I hardly post.  Damn real world commitments! 

At any rate, I've actually been working on updating my site with some really cool stuff - I have a great deal of pictures of prototypes and sketches that very few people have ever seen.  I'm still a couple weeks away though.  I'll post some pictures soon.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.