News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wan Long Tang: New for 2018

Started by mgaguilar, August 13, 2018, 06:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 11, 2018, 09:45:04 PM
Very nice Allo....although I guess it's a tribute in name only (since it doesn't resemble Gwangi at all, at least to my eyes :) ).

Oops! I thought these were two different models we are talking about :-\ .

acro-man

Very nice Allo....although I guess it's a tribute in name only (since it doesn't resemble Gwangi at all, at least to my eyes :) ).
Oh~ I just realised that. It's more of a spiritual tribute to the movie where the artist drew his early inspiration from.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

mgaguilar

Anddddd the votes are in and avatar_acro-man @acro-man is once again the MVP. Thank you all for playing.

...but in all seriousness, holy-bajesus that Allosaurus. I swear W-Dragon is having an amazing opening run.

Minmiminime

As an Allosaurus fan this seriously tickles my fancy. Too often they end up looking ugly or derpy. This is just gorgeous!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

tanystropheus

No, it doesn't. Probably has more in common with REBOR's Y-rex than that Gwangi depiction.

Minmiminime

I couldn't resist any longer...I have preordered Gwangi! It's been an expensive month :o
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

mgaguilar

Quote from: Minmiminime on September 15, 2018, 08:00:57 AM
I couldn't resist any longer...I have preordered Gwangi! It's been an expensive month :o

avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime very nice! I may be in for one too soon. It's gorgeous.
My wallet is going to be burned with this and Rebor + PNSO releases.
Here we go.

empire3569

Wow, that is seriously the best Allosaurus model I have ever seen! And it's in PVC! The pose is so dynamic, and I like how they made they leg out of resin to prevent the need for a brace and warping.  I have yet to get an Allosaurus for my collection because there isn't really a good one out there (the Papo of is close, but has a couple glaring issues such as the incorrect skull and pronated arms), but that's about to change. Now I really hope he comes out with a Stegosaurus to pair with it

avatar_acro-man @acro-man , I sent you a PM about preordering

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 08, 2018, 09:04:13 PM
Quote from: PhilSauria on September 08, 2018, 10:17:49 AM
I look at the price tags on some of these figures and wonder how some collectors can afford them - clearly in better paying jobs than I am. It's getting to the point where if it's not the cost of the figures then it's the insane shipping costs to get them to me here in Australia and I am seriously considering packing it all in and undertaking a less expensive hobby!

Hello avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria! I tend to look at it as buying several figures at once. The price and quality for this figure, for me, is wonderful. I would gladly give up my three Papo rexes (which would total to the same price) for this guy. Just save up and don't buy for a bit. :)

Quote from: acro-man on September 08, 2018, 09:39:26 AM
Here's a preview of their next release - Allosaurus

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5768121585

THANK YOU avatar_acro-man @acro-man!!!! It looks gorgeous! I am happy to see that they are not only producing movie-inspired figures, but also scientifically accurate one's! They could have easily gone for the Jurassic World Allo, and yet this one looks brilliantly accurate.

Glad to see I'm not the only one amassing the rebor Acros only to resell them when I have very little money to get a much more expensive figure lol.

Honestly this allosaurus is in my priority list with the PNSO Giganotosaurus and Spino. Once I get those hopefully more PNSO stuff and I'm hoping this company doesn't release a Giganotosaurus just yet I'm already crying lol

mgaguilar

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on September 15, 2018, 10:41:00 PM
I look at the price tags on some of these figures and wonder how some collectors can afford them - clearly in better paying jobs than I am. It's getting to the point where if it's not the cost of the figures then it's the insane shipping costs to get them to me here in Australia and I am seriously considering packing it all in and undertaking a less expensive hobby!

Hello avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria! I tend to look at it as buying several figures at once. The price and quality for this figure, for me, is wonderful. I would gladly give up my three Papo rexes (which would total to the same price) for this guy. Just save up and don't buy for a bit. :)

THANK YOU avatar_acro-man @acro-man!!!! It looks gorgeous! I am happy to see that they are not only producing movie-inspired figures, but also scientifically accurate one's! They could have easily gone for the Jurassic World Allo, and yet this one looks brilliantly accurate.

Glad to see I'm not the only one amassing the rebor Acros only to resell them when I have very little money to get a much more expensive figure lol.

Honestly this allosaurus is in my priority list with the PNSO Giganotosaurus and Spino. Once I get those hopefully more PNSO stuff and I'm hoping this company doesn't release a Giganotosaurus just yet I'm already crying lol

S @Syndicate Bias
Ahahaha, that's why I've got a few doubles. Honestly, people in the local area buy them up pretty quickly because of the unique details.
And my man, you gotta make up your mindddd. Isn't coverage of the Carcharodontosauridae exactly what you wanted? As well as commercial availability?
If W-Dragon introduces a Giganotosaurus, you best bet it'll be up there with the greats.

My wallet has already been burned with all the recent rexes I obtained. And I LOVE it.

mgaguilar

Hey guys, I made a comparison of the anticipated Spinosaurus figures (their Z-Brush prototypes) and added the Jurassic Park III Spinosaurus render.
JPIII at top, obviously, with W-Dragon at the middle, and Rebor at the bottom.
W-Dragon seems to be skin and folds, and Rebor's seems to be scaly.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 16, 2018, 01:07:57 AM

S @Syndicate Bias
Ahahaha, that's why I've got a few doubles. Honestly, people in the local area buy them up pretty quickly because of the unique details.
And my man, you gotta make up your mindddd. Isn't coverage of the Carcharodontosauridae exactly what you wanted? As well as commercial availability?
If W-Dragon introduces a Giganotosaurus, you best bet it'll be up there with the greats.

My wallet has already been burned with all the recent rexes I obtained. And I LOVE it.

The Giganotosaurus is my primary concern but I do wanna see some Carcharodontosaurus figures out there. Sadly I think the Carcharodontosaurus won't be a thing for maybe the next 5 years

mgaguilar

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on September 16, 2018, 04:18:06 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on September 16, 2018, 01:07:57 AM

S @Syndicate Bias

The Giganotosaurus is my primary concern but I do wanna see some Carcharodontosaurus figures out there. Sadly I think the Carcharodontosaurus won't be a thing for maybe the next 5 years

I don't know if that's true. Carcharodontosaurus is a bit more obscure than most of the other super-predator huge theropods out there, but it is literally one of the biggest.
I think it has a high chance of being done again. CollectA's first go at a deluxe was beautiful, and I'm waiting for a popular figure with a slender snout (like some of the newer stylized skull representations).

mgaguilar

Hey guys!!! The second round of Buck Tyrannosaurus Rexes just came in!
And there's a SPECIAL PRICE (Pre-Order Bonus) for the new one's on Aliexpress!

$68.53 without box!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018-Produced-Prehistoric-Movie-Jurassic-World-2-Rex-Tyrannosaurus-Model-Toy-Gift-Ornaments-1-35/32889170902.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.61a62e0eJoxSHK

Again, I absolutely adore this thing! Definitely check out the reviews if you have any doubts.

RobinGoodfellow

First (real) picture of the W-Dragon Allosaurus 1:35 (by MHHK):

8)

Minmiminime

That is brilliant, thank you avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow ! I thought this figure was going to be attached to it's base as a statue, and I was excited enough for it then!! Seeing it in the hand like this has me even more excited ;D

postsaurischian

Flaffy

RobinGoodfellow

Aliexpress started shipping the pre-ordered Allosaurus.
I just can't wait..  ;)

PhilSauria

That is a magnificent figure! Being particularly fond of Allosaurus I will check this out but suspect it may be a tad un-affordable for me.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.