News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wan Long Tang: New for 2018

Started by mgaguilar, August 13, 2018, 06:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

Mine's been shipped. So hyped!! ;D I thought it wasn't due for release until the 26th of this month. Keep an eye on the prices on AliExpress avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria , since my initial order at $53 USD it's dropped to under $47  ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

acro-man

My friend got it already.
He said it's literally the best in its price range.
The quality is on par with most GK - fine details, plausible paint, flexible body, sturdy base and legs (in polystone).
All in all, perfect!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Syndicate Bias

avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime  where did you find it for that price? I saw it only for 60 to 65 dollars on alieexpress

Shadowknight1

While it's a nice change of pace from literally every other carnivore figure displayed with both feet planted on the ground...I'm gonna have to pass.  Rebor's Utahraptor was enough of a departure from that to make me not want a figure with a lifted foot again. :-\
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Minmiminime

S @Syndicate Bias my mistake, I'm so sorry, that should have been £-Sterling :-[ . It's currently at £47-53, seems to fluctuate quite a bit, but I appreciate that's still quite a high price :o

avatar_Shadowknight1 @Shadowknight1 I'll let you know how it goes, but they've manufactured this model so that it has polystone legs, so warping and collapse of the figure shouldn't be an issue at all (but I guess breakage possibly will be). I'm intrigued to see how it works in practise, but pictures of the model look seamless, and avatar_acro-man @acro-man's testimony gives me cause for great optimism ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

postsaurischian

Quote from: Minmiminime on November 17, 2018, 08:24:18 AM
Mine's been shipped. So hyped!! ;D I thought it wasn't due for release until the 26th of this month. Keep an eye on the prices on AliExpress avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria , since my initial order at $53 USD it's dropped to under $47  ^-^

Quote from: acro-man on November 17, 2018, 05:47:02 PM
My friend got it already.
He said it's literally the best in its price range.
The quality is on par with most GK - fine details, plausible paint, flexible body, sturdy base and legs (in polystone).
All in all, perfect!

I was told the updated time of release is early December :( .

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图

postsaurischian

mgaguilar

W-Dragons has been making some big and wonderful moves in the middle-class model range.
This Allosaurus has got to be the best one (in terms of aesthetics) on the market.
Absolutely love it. Can't wait to see what they'll release next year!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Minmiminime on November 17, 2018, 09:06:26 PM
S @Syndicate Bias my mistake, I'm so sorry, that should have been £-Sterling :-[ . It's currently at £47-53, seems to fluctuate quite a bit, but I appreciate that's still quite a high price :o

avatar_Shadowknight1 @Shadowknight1 I'll let you know how it goes, but they've manufactured this model so that it has polystone legs, so warping and collapse of the figure shouldn't be an issue at all (but I guess breakage possibly will be). I'm intrigued to see how it works in practise, but pictures of the model look seamless, and avatar_acro-man @acro-man's testimony gives me cause for great optimism ^-^
You'll have to post pictures when you get it then.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图

Minmiminime

Oh...wow! Thanks, avatar_acro-man @acro-man  these are excellent pictures 😊 It looks just like the promo art!! A little messy around the crests perhaps but that's very, very minor on an obviously exceptional model. Very appropriately birdlike! I've had a notification warning me that it may take longer than usual to receive my order because of the holiday season, I just hope it doesn't take over 2 months like last time..!

mgaguilar

Those eyes are PIERCING. I thought the promo images were super-photoshopped, but it looks like they just gave it some really intense paint.
LOVE it.

postsaurischian

Minmiminime

Ok, Gwangi has landed, and, because it's a limited edition I decided to celebrate by doing my first ever YouTube unboxing 🙈 I'll stick the link below, but if you don't want to watch me drivelling over it in my broad northern accent, all I'll say is, I love it! 😁

https://youtu.be/3PBGIJdEU-M

PhilSauria

Terrific video - well lit and the subject was in focus; two basics that far too many reviewers on YouTube don't seem to grasp! Oh, and I like your accent. I've contemplated doing some unboxing videos (but I haven't bought a new Dinosaur for months now) in which case you'd have to put up with my Australian accent. Just shows how cosmopolitan the Forum make up is.

I quite like Allosaurus and it's frustrating that for such an iconic animal so many manufacturers fail to capture the look. I'd love to get this and another desktop Allo that I've seen online but they are out of my price range. Can't really justify a three figure price tag, but that's my own self-imposed price-point high water mark so there you go. Broken only once (for that PNSO Titan!).

Thanks for sharing - always instructive to see that actual item rather than the often over polished promo images.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Minmiminime on December 04, 2018, 10:06:46 PM
Ok, Gwangi has landed, and, because it's a limited edition I decided to celebrate by doing my first ever YouTube unboxing 🙈 I'll stick the link below, but if you don't want to watch me drivelling over it in my broad northern accent, all I'll say is, I love it! 😁

https://youtu.be/3PBGIJdEU-M

Fantastic work avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime! Thanks for providing such a great visual for this figure! All aboard the hype train!

Minmiminime

Thank you avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria and avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar  ^-^ I can't take any credit for the focus as my phone does that automatically, I'm just glad it came out ok! ;D I was a bit nervous. Now I've taken the plunge I'll do another one, a proper review at some point

Shonisaurus

avatar_acro-man @acro-man Acro-man when I receive the PNSO dinosaurs that I bought you I will surely buy this wonder of allosaurus will make a very good pair with the Safari allosaurus. It is a nice and awesome figure.

acro-man

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 05, 2018, 09:11:30 AM
avatar_acro-man @acro-man Acro-man when I receive the PNSO dinosaurs that I bought you I will surely buy this wonder of allosaurus will make a very good pair with the Safari allosaurus. It is a nice and awesome figure.

No problem :D
喜欢收集和P图

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.