News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

OK   Ok Before you all get excited, this all came from new for 2019 thread on STS Forum

Aparently on a European version of Amazon, there are listings for new models. These are the dinosaurs

15009 Spinosaurus

15010 Giganotosaurus Repaint

15011 Dimetrodon Repaint

15012 Dimorphodon

15013 Animantarx

Summer models
15014 Dracorex

15015 Diabloceratops

15017 Juvenile Giganotosaurus

15016 Plesiosaurus

EDIT

I think these are confirmed

https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/s01.php?shopid=s01&cur=eur&sp=en&ag=1&pp=sucheazu&zu=67&ak1=9

Dr Admin, Could you move this to the New for 2019 bourd? :-\

Therizinosaur

The Animantarx is a welcome addition! I'm not too thrilled about the other ones, though. If these are real, then hopefully this isn't all they release, especially since this year we got the Tawa, Psittacosaurus, Dinogorgon and Oviraptor.

DragonRider02

Animantarx? Is Schleich trying to become CollectA by giving us those weird, unusual species?
And I wonder if the Dimorphodon is going to be a new sculpt or rerealese and/or repaint of the one from Therizinosaurus set?

Therizinosaur

Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 13, 2018, 09:43:25 PM
Animantarx? Is Schleich trying to become CollectA by giving us those weird, unusual species?
And I wonder if the Dimorphodon is going to be a new sculpt or rerealese and/or repaint of the one from Therizinosaurus set?

I really, REALLY hope that it's a new sculpt.

Brocc21

Now I don't like schleich to much. But last year was pretty good so Im excited to see where this goes.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

PhilSauria

Hmmm. Not sure if I should be exited or anxious about some of these choices - Schleich being Schleich these could go either way - the cartoonish creations of old or something along the lines of their more recent releases such as the Triceratops and Psittacosaurus. The Giganotosaurus has not been well served by this company in the past so fingers crossed that they make amends with this one. Surely it could not be any worse than that travesty from Mojo?! (he says hoping that he's not tempting fate).

Jose S.M.

Giganotosaurus has to be a new sculpt right? they can't think that a repaint of their older one can compete with the better Gigas that have been released, even Mojo one I think is at least easily recognizable as a Giga, even with it's neon paintjob  ::) but when I see theirs, it just doesn't look recognizable to me. Still if it's a new sculpt it can go many ways with them, something like their Acrocanthosaurus (I know it has some retro charm but I doubt it's intentional) or something like the new Tyrannosaurus, that has it's problems but it's better than it's predecessors. Or maybe they finally strike gold and give us a theropod with the quality of Psittacosaurus, that's probably wishful thinking but it could happen... I hope.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Takama on August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

15009 Spinosaurus Dino

15010 Giganotosaurus Dino
EDIT

I think these are confirmed

https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/s01.php?shopid=s01&cur=eur&sp=en&ag=1&pp=sucheazu&zu=67&ak1=9

ABSOLUTE HYPE.
Finally, the possibilities of a GOOD Giganotosaurus from Schleich, and a possibly accurate Spinosaurus?
I'm going to bet they're going to ride the hype of the Jurassic franchise again and give us a JP-style Spinosaurus.

There's no way they wouldn't, right?

Flaffy

Hopefully they'll pull a Psittacosaurus on the Animantarx and not mess it up...
I keep my expectations bare minimum when it comes to Schleich, that way I won't be disappointed.

Jose S.M.

I have a little faith in their Animantarx. Their small Saichania is kind of nice, just the legs look a bit too stubby and the tail is shorter than it should be, but is still nice. They had the room and potential to make an even better ankylosaurian, hopefully they took it.

ZoPteryx

Interesting lineup.  I don't really have my hopes up for the final products, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised!

Ravonium

I don't have any hope that the final lineup will turn out good, but it is at least nice to see that Schleich is beginning to pick up some slack from the other 'big 4' companies.

Syndicate Bias

Not interested but I am happy to see the Giganotosaurus get it's fame. Everywhere I look from Video games to t rex vs who and toys and models I see an increase of Giganotosaurus everywhere. Since early 2017 there has been a massive influx of Giganotosaurus products. This will mark the third year now in 2019.

Before 2017 there was a couple of resin kits and two or three toys. Alot of people know about it that I hear it everywhere from going on park rides to see the animatronics and kids asking where the Giganotosaurus is to internet wars between Giga and Rex Fans.  Now there's 6 or 7 and a few more resin kits. And of course Jurassic World Evolution added a Giganotosaurus which further proves my point that it has to come out eventually from Rebor and Papo soon. Exciting times!

IrritatorRaji

I'm sure these won't be totally accurate, but I hope they'll be aesthetically pleasing at least :) Literally can't wait for that Spino!

tanystropheus

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on August 14, 2018, 01:30:26 PM
I'm sure these won't be totally accurate, but I hope they'll be aesthetically pleasing at least :) Literally can't wait for that Spino!

A Spino from Schleich! Do you even know what you are asking for?  ;D

Toasaurus

I hope that giga doesnt have that stupid scute mohawk that all the other gigas that schleich have made have

DinoToyForum

Kaprosaurus

Not really expecting much on the Giga and the Spino, for Dimetrodon...meh... their last one was...well  :-\ I'd love to see the Animantarx, haven't heard of that species yet, and would like to see the Dimorphodon so badly,i have been wishing for a better Schleich Dimorphodon since the last one was released.

Am i the only one hoping these are just the figures they release? I already am saving up for the JWFK line and the Safari Ltd. 2019 figures, can't get any more broke.

Also,it's been a while since i posted here, been quite a time  ;D

Minmiminime

I hope this works...but if not, apologies in advance, it's a picture of the new Schleich Dimorphodon and a pic of their repainted version of the adult T. rex
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Minmiminime on August 16, 2018, 03:30:34 PM

I hope this works...but if not, apologies in advance, it's a picture of the new Schleich Dimorphodon and a pic of their repainted version of the adult T. rex

I can't see these images but I assume they're these ones?

(Part of me hopes that Rex is either a prototype or fake because it looks really bad...)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.