News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Dinosaur Art of Mark Schultz

Started by Simon, March 16, 2012, 03:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

postsaurischian

Hm, not bad ..... really, not bad ..... but after all he's just another Frazetta copyist (..... just not that perfect).

0onarcissisto0

If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

0onarcissisto0

Dinosaurs and scantily clad women...aaaah...what more could we ask for eh, guys? :P
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Simon

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 31, 2012, 03:01:14 PM
Hm, not bad ..... really, not bad ..... but after all he's just another Frazetta copyist (..... just not that perfect).

Hmmm...I think it might be more accurate to say that he was no doubt influenced by Frazetta's work (as every 'graphic novelist' of the past half-century must have been).

That said, Frazetta's body of work was a lot more diverse.  Schultz as far as I know sticks to the pen and ink - I don't think he's ever done the kinds of paintings that Frazetta did.

As they say, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".  We're lucky that Frazetta's style lives on in the work of all the cartoonists that he influenced.

Simon

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.