News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

EmperorDinobot's Paleoart part 4 DINOVEMBER CHALLENGE!

Started by EmperorDinobot, August 16, 2012, 12:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Since my thread is long gone...And I have been retired, I offer you this:

Amargasaurus cazaui
Here reconstructed with a hump rather than  sail and a bare back. It's all speculation, but this animal can't offer us anything better anyways.
More to come. Maybe. This is the anchor I'm setting in. dAmn watermark because I'm too lazy to make my own and because people have been stealing my drawings.

Weaver

I did not see this! I like the hump idea and you've executed it wonderfully. Y'know, I am impressed with the body and legs. Really well done.

*totally adores different Amargasaurus ideas*

EmperorDinobot

Here is a MASSIVE update!

Tianyulong confuciusi

Fruitadens haagarorum

Haya griva

Altirhinus kurzanovi

Daxiatitan binglingi

Spinosaurus aegyptiacus

Newly named Pannoniasaurus inexpectatus

More to come soon, enjoy.

Gwangi

Great work and an interesting take on Spinosaurus, I like it.  8) I particularly like the Altirhinus too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Weaver on September 04, 2012, 04:29:29 PM
I did not see this! I like the hump idea and you've executed it wonderfully. Y'know, I am impressed with the body and legs. Really well done.

*totally adores different Amargasaurus ideas*

Your gonna love what I have planned for my next sauropod then.. ;)

I like the Spinosaurus myself..any armor on that area wouldn't go un-used I'm sure.

Jetoar

Wonderful draws friend. My favorite is the mosasaur.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

ZoPteryx

Excellent work!  I agree about the Spino, that's a very cool take on it. :)

Gryphoceratops

Cool stuff!  My favorite is the altirhinus. 

EmperorDinobot

Some broad told me in December that I needed to make my dinosaurs more interesting. I disagreed. I was happy with my scaly dinosaurs, boring like they were in the late 80's.
Then this All Yesterday's book got printed, and a contest went with it.

I decided to jump in with a fuzzy Apatosaurus... I mean, North America probably got cold at some point.
This one features a rat tail, whose whiplash end has quills, quills meant to stick into enemy Allosaurus. The feet also have this scaly nonsense according to some recent ichnofossils.

I also gave it purple neck stripes. Why just green and grey and brown? That's boring. When shedding the fuzz, this Apatosaurus' skin is essentially dark grey to black except for some of its tail, some of its belly, and the soft tissue below the neck and on the nose.

The most unusual thing I gave it was a humanshape nose! the tissue on top of its nose, when erected, gives it a nose not that different from a human nose (sans the cartilage).

It's also got lips.

The pencil version came out like ass, so I won't be uploading that, but I will soon upload one with a frontal view, so you can see the nose better.

Apatosaurus louisae

Blade-of-the-Moon

Interesting..and the colors are great as well !

Weaver

Ooo. I can see those little quills being dangerous and possible causing quiet the nasty infection to a another animal. ;)

Patrx

Wow, that is brilliant! I don't know why people don't draw fuzzy sauropods more often. Really liking the structure on the snout, and the dewlap as well. Very creative, overall :)

Jetoar

Amazing feathered apatosaurus, I like all detaisl of this draw  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Patrx on January 29, 2013, 05:03:53 AM
Wow, that is brilliant! I don't know why people don't draw fuzzy sauropods more often. Really liking the structure on the snout, and the dewlap as well. Very creative, overall :)
Possibly because there is 0% evidence for it.

EmperorDinobot

Yep, no evidence for their fuzziness. It's why I usually refuse to coat them in feathers, as well as Anatotitan, and Carnotaurus, which are shown to be super scaly.

Buuut times are a changin'.

I'll be damned if they find a sauropod with fuzzy integument.

I'll be honest with you. I hate the idea. I really do, but you never know. Why would a heated up animal like this, who lives in a superheated environment ever need fuzz? It doesn't. It sure as hell freaking doesn't.
But it looks nice, doesn't it?

I think the point of the contest is to show something controversial. Just because of a few speciments tell us there's 100% no evidence doesn't mean the possibility continues to exist.

It's all healthy speculation. When the speculation becomes unhealthy, that's where we paleoartists draw the line.

Blade-of-the-Moon

You have a point there.

It's hard to say what's plausible what with so many things that defy logic.  Spock would have a seizure in he was into paleontology.. lol

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 29, 2013, 12:48:01 PM
Possibly because there is 0% evidence for it.

Well, yes, there is that. ;D  But, they're dinosaurs, after all. Besides, I think it looks cool!

EmperorDinobot

I finally finished this. It was payment for a Carnegie Spinosaurus, and for five years I was irresponsible and a complete dummy. Well, it is complete. I much prefer the pencil version.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't know..green is hard to pull off well..but I think you did it here.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 28, 2013, 05:41:03 AM
I don't know..green is hard to pull off well..but I think you did it here.

No way! Green is the most versatile, lovely color out there! It's so easy to work with! It makes my life joyful! RED is a hard color to work with. Ugh.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.