News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

EmperorDinobot's Paleoart part 4 DINOVEMBER CHALLENGE!

Started by EmperorDinobot, August 16, 2012, 12:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Diplodocus carnegii

Brachiosaurus altithorax

Tachiraptor admirabilis

Allosaurus fragilis juvenile

Styracosaurus albertensis

Kayakasaurus

Wow these are all very well done! I didn't know that you drew, keep up the good work!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Pachyrhinosaurus

Very nice work! I just saw your styracosaurus on FB, didn't realize it was yours until just now. Very nice.

EmperorDinobot

FINALLY! Comments! Thank you, thank you so much!   :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 12, 2015, 11:48:13 PM
FINALLY! Comments!
I've felt the same way sometimes.  ;D
May I ask if you used Carnegie as inspiration for your allosaurus? It looks similar but as though you went your own direction with it.

Arul

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 13, 2015, 12:25:34 AM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 12, 2015, 11:48:13 PM
FINALLY! Comments!
I've felt the same way sometimes.  ;D
May I ask if you used Carnegie as inspiration for your allosaurus? It looks similar but as though you went your own direction with it.

You have a very good eye there!!!!

Dinomike

I like that Allosaurus! Very cool!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

EmperorDinobot

Happy new year. This is what I've been up to, all done in the later part of last year.

Pachyrhinosaurus canadiensis specifically.

Velociraptor mongoliensis, a famous dinosaur.

Deinonychus antirrhopus version 2. Still hate it.

Dromaeosaurus albertensis

Tsintaosaurus spinorhinus. I was careful to make the head not look like CollectA's figure.

Enjoy! Who knows when I'll update 5 new dinosaurs...I've got only one on the works, and he's a gosh darned liar. That's hint.

CityRaptor

Not bad, but Tsintaosaurus is no longer a magical Unicorn.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 06, 2016, 12:23:56 PM
Not bad, but Tsintaosaurus is no longer a magical Unicorn.

Kind of the point. The thing probably looked more like a regular crested hadrosaur. I mean you ever seen the skeletal mounts, the skeletal reconstructions and wonder if some bits of its nose are missing? I always did, so I followed Headden (2013) as seen here: https://qilong.wordpress.com/2013/11/22/recrowning-the-unicorn/ after doing research on some people's more backwards swept veil (See Velafrons for comment on veils, so to speak). If it were up to me I'd make it look like a Corythosaurus whose crest is super fleshy and droopy.

Anyways, the liar is done but I won't post until I do 4 more additional dinosaurs. Anyone got any requests?

EmperorDinobot

Wow. I can't believe I haven't drawn anything since April. I guess I should consider myself retired now. The brain-drain this year has been astounding.

Here's my final three until I get inspiration or will to draw again.

Qianzhousaurus sinensis

Mosaiceratops azumai

Xenoposeidon proneneukos

'till we meet again!

EmperorDinobot

Wow it really has been since 2016 that I posted here.

The sad thing is

I have only drawn two dinosaurs since.

This is the only one I published to my page, as a tongue-in-cheek joke.

The other is a Hypselosaurus that hasn't been scanned.

SidB

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: SidB on October 12, 2023, 05:38:15 PMMight be time to get back in the saddle, avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot 
Maybe. The problem is that the situation in my life has changed severely. I also tend to be more artistic at night, and, well, I sleep nights now. Or try to. I have a list of animals I need to do, too, but I never find the time or place to do them.

SidB

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 12, 2023, 06:37:18 PM
Quote from: SidB on October 12, 2023, 05:38:15 PMMight be time to get back in the saddle, avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot 
Maybe. The problem is that the situation in my life has changed severely. I also tend to be more artistic at night, and, well, I sleep nights now. Or try to. I have a list of animals I need to do, too, but I never find the time or place to do them.

Well, that makes good sense - sleep trumps (no pun intended) art. Can't be creative if you're groggy.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: SidB on October 12, 2023, 08:12:35 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 12, 2023, 06:37:18 PM

Well, that makes good sense - sleep trumps (no pun intended) art. Can't be creative if you're groggy.

I should at the very least scan Hypselosaurus!

Hey is that draw a dinosaur a day thing an October thing or a Dinovember thing?

EmperorDinobot

PArt four

Hypselosaurus priscus

I drew this last year as I recovered from alcoholism and major mouth surgery. But I only scanned it last night. Please, enjoy.

SidB

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 26, 2023, 02:23:43 PMPArt four

Hypselosaurus priscus

I drew this last year as I recovered from alcoholism and major mouth surgery. But I only scanned it last night. Please, enjoy.
Very good indeed - I wish that some company would make one just like this, avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot .

EmperorDinobot

"Be the dinosaur you want to see in the world" S @SidB

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.