News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

dinotoycollector.com

Started by DinoToyCollector, October 09, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 21, 2018, 06:50:13 PM
Sure thing, but I don't know which Favorite models are missing as I'm not all too familiar with the company

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji Here's some non-exclusive and exclusive models that seem to be missing. This isn't 100% guaranteed to be a comprehensive list, but it should be the bulk of them:

Non-exclusives (unless stated otherwise, these are all from the 'Prehistoric Life Soft Model' line):
Archelon
Dimetrodon
Megalodon
Dunkleosteus
Anomalocaris
Woolly Mammoth
Smilodon
Opabinia

The entire Burgess Series set, which includes smaller models of the following:
Anomalocaris
Opabinia
Hallucigenia
Canadaspis
Olenoides
Marrella
Pikaia
Wiwaxia

Exclusive:
Fukui Prefectural Museum:
Bistahieversor
Coelophysis
Concavenator
Fukuiraptor
Fukuisaurus
Guanlong
Pelecanimimus
Pentaceratops

Redondasaurus
Sinoceratops
Yinlong
Yutyrannus
Zhuchengtyrannus

Osaka Museum of Natual History:
Saurolophus
Tarbosaurus
Tambatitanis

Other:
Baryonyx
Neovenator

EDIT: Anything I've crossed out has been added.                           

DinoToyCollector

Thanks for reporting the mistake. I was not aware that it exists. Although I knew one existed.

and avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium:
Thank you, that you could describe that more exactly. The last time I made a mistake that I could not make out. The bug seemed to have no effect and then I left it as it was. Anyway, I fixed the problem in 5 minutes. Small spelling mistakes, big effect ...

To the products of Favorite:
I had left the Ancient Fish and Prehistoric Life outside. I will gladly catch up tomorrow. Today I had a long day at work and have to recover a bit ;)

Crackington

Just wanted to say well done on getting the site going. I must admit that when I first saw it I wondered if it would just be replicating the Dinosaur Collector site, but having gone on there, it is very different. I like it's interactive approach to tick the models you have and to rate them too. Will be interesting to compare the average ratings to the Dino Toy blog.

Halichoeres

I have already been working on a csv to import the remaining Favorite figures (as well as the remaining Kaiyodos; I did a test upload of about 50 but there are more than 100 left to go). But if you've put a lot of work in already, avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji then I'll just concentrate on Kaiyodo and let you do the Favorites.

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector heh heh, yes, I made a few mistakes with picture uploading; now there are some duplicates which I hope aren't too much of an inconvenience to you.

In addition to the most-owned figure, it might be fun to see the most-wanted figure (the figure most common in people's wishlists).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

IrritatorRaji

I'm happy to do the Favourites. Am also slowly adding to the Bullyland page

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Ravonium on October 21, 2018, 07:24:50 PM
Non-exclusives (unless stated otherwise, these are all from the 'Prehistoric Life Soft Model' line):
Archelon
Dimetrodon
Megalodon
Dunkleosteus
Anomalocaris
Woolly Mammoth
Smilodon
Opabinia

The entire Burgess Series set, which includes smaller models of the following:
Anomalocaris
Opabinia
Hallucigenia
Canadaspis
Olenoides
Marrella
Pikaia
Wiwaxia

Exclusive:
Fukui Prefectural Museum:
Bistahieversor
Coelophysis
Concavenator
Fukuiraptor
Fukuisaurus
Guanlong
Pelecanimimus
Pentaceratops
Redondasaurus
Sinoceratops
Yinlong
Yutyrannus
Zhuchengtyrannus

Osaka Museum of Natual History:
Saurolophus
Tarbosaurus
Tambatitanis

Other:
Baryonyx
Neovenator

Oh boy, that's... a lot...! The following have been added:

Soft model:
-Archelon
-Dimetrodon
-Megalodon
-Dunkleosteus
-Anomalocaris
-Woolly Mammoth
-Smilodon
-Opabinia

It's getting a bit late though, so I'll do the rest tomorrow

Ravonium

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I'd like to suggest something: is it possible to show next to a figure the amount of people who own/want it?

IrritatorRaji

Favourite Mini Model Burgess Set has been added

Quote from: Ravonium on October 22, 2018, 11:22:47 AM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I'd like to suggest something: is it possible to show next to a figure the amount of people who own/want it?

EDIT: I'd also love to see this, if possible :)

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Ravonium on October 22, 2018, 11:22:47 AM

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium: Yes, that's possible ... and a great idea. I will include this and the proposal with the "Most Wanted" of avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres. I put that on my to-do list.

Halichoeres

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji Nice work on the Favorites, but I don't really think that the "Ancient Fishes" line fits in on the site. None of them is in any sense prehistoric, as they're all living species. They just happen to belong to lineages that are currently less diverse than their sister lineages, earning them the erroneous moniker "primitive." Obviously I'll defer to avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector if he believes they are appropriate to include, but my own opinion is that they are extant animals and hence not really in keeping with the spirit of the site.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

DinoToyCollector

Actually, I did that myself. I had also thought about whenadding them, because all these fish are still swimming around happily ... Since these are partially endangered species, I will keep them in mind and add them in 20 years to the database  ;D :'( Unfortunately, I am not a fish expert and I thought it behaves similarly to the coelacanths.

Halichoeres

Ah, my mistake! It's your site, you should do what you feel is best. I was just offering my opinion as a fish person.

DinoToyCollector

And I appreciate your opinion as a fish person :))  . You're right about the fish and the site. I will remove them.

Ravonium

While you're at it, I personally think the figures in this screenshot should also be removed. Latimeria coelacanths are even less ancient than a lot of the fish genera that were removed (Unlike most of the other genera that were removed, there is, to my knowledge, no fossil record for Latimeria, but if any of the fish experts here wants to correct me in that regard, I'm all ears).

Halichoeres

It's true that there is no fossil record for Latimeria, although there are some pretty close relatives from the Cretaceous. There probably would be if they liked shallower water, however. The Safari one is at least part of the prehistoric line (although whether it should have been is another story--personally I think it should have been part of their sea life line).

DinoToyCollector

There is a small update to the page today: The links page has been installed and the scaffolding stands for reviews. I have already inserted the reviews on Papo figures. Can you discover another small change?

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium & avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres
I think I keep the coelacanth in the database. Since the term coelacanth is very general and does not necessarily refer to Latimeria, that's fine. I think there are many different Coelacanthiformes that are already extinct.

Ravonium

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on October 23, 2018, 09:03:52 AM
avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium & avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres
I think I keep the coelacanth in the database. Since the term coelacanth is very general and does not necessarily refer to Latimeria, that's fine.

While there is no doubt those models are Latimeria, this is your website, so I'm fine with you keeping them on. Besides, coelacanths, living and dead, are so inseperably associated with prehistory that removing them would be, to non-discerning collectors, a display in know-it-all-ism  8) ;)

I think there are many different Coelacanthiformes that are already extinct.

Oh trust me, there are a lot :P

Can you discover another small change?

I see you've also added the 'Most Wanted Figure' to the main page  :)

Halichoeres

I think that makes sense, if for no other reason than that if you left it out, you'd be getting a lot of messages telling you that it's missing.

Loving the new updates!

Libraraptor

http://dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/

could be a valueable ressource. Randy Knol is a well-known collector.
The page is a little outdated, and its design is 15 or so years old, but it still serves its purpose well.
Randy embeds the dinosaurs in theme-based Dioramas, too.

Halichoeres

Does anyone have a good photo of the original Spinosaurus from the "Dino Cretaceous Vol. 2" box? Or any of the original box (included Allosaurus, some kind of dromaeosaurid, Dimetrodon, Parasaurolophus, etc.)?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.