News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Feared Stegosaurus ! (topic about motors)

Started by biniou24, August 16, 2012, 05:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biniou24

I'm reparing a triceratops, and notice that if you put the battery in the wrong side, the motorized dinos are walking back...

See the wild stegosaurus, intimidated by the heavily armored torosaurus !  ^-^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JCjEHg80Cg

Do you think it might damage the motor ? I wish not, it looks cool that way for a dinorama...

0onarcissisto0

If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

dinoridersworld.com

I agree - that is awesome.  Would have never thought in a million years to do that (or that it would even work).

biniou24

It works only because it uses a battery (direct current), and this type of motor also is a "motor using direct current" ("moteur à courant continu" in french) : rotor and stator are not connected (if I'm not mistaking). So the power is simply reversed when you change the way you put the battery inside the toy, and so is the rotation of the motor.  ^-^

I'm not 100% sure if it can damage the motor or not, but thinking about it after all, I think it's ok.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That would be pretty cool to do in a diorama..like have the Stego falling back to lure the Rex into a trap...lol

biniou24

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 21, 2012, 06:39:19 PM
That would be pretty cool to do in a diorama..like have the Stego falling back to lure the Rex into a trap...lol
Nice idea.  :))

BTW maybe I'll make a di(n)orama in France for a convention (in 2013). If yes, I'll take pictures and videos.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.